Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Hughes River? Your Best Producer?

Hughes River? Your Best Producer?
OptionResults
8" Hughey - Black Okoboji Perch0 Votes - [0%]
8" Hughey - Yellow Perch1 Votes - [5.88%]
8" Hughey - Lake Whitefish2 Votes - [11.76%]
8" Hughey - Young Musky1 Votes - [5.88%]
10" Hughey - Black Okoboji Perch0 Votes - [0%]
10" Hughey - Yellow Perch0 Votes - [0%]
10" Hughey - Lake Whitefish0 Votes - [0%]
10" Hughey - Young Musky0 Votes - [0%]
8" Shaker - Black Okoboji Perch1 Votes - [5.88%]
8" Shaker - Yellow Perch0 Votes - [0%]
8" Shaker - Lake Whitefish0 Votes - [0%]
8" Shaker - Young Musky0 Votes - [0%]
Suick5 Votes - [29.41%]
10" pro sucker - black blue scales (ice something)1 Votes - [5.88%]
9" lunge lumber prowler3 Votes - [17.65%]
banjo minnow2 Votes - [11.76%]
8" Shaker Canadian Sucker1 Votes - [5.88%]
Add your own option:
This is a multiple choice poll.

Message Subject: Hughes River? Your Best Producer?
tmag
Posted 1/27/2016 12:50 PM (#801522)
Subject: Hughes River? Your Best Producer?

Many of us on here own or have owned various Hughes River baits.

I was wondering what others felt were the best producing HR model and color. I've listed some of the 'usual suspects'. Feel free to vote for one listed and / or add your own; include a year if you like.

Thanks for reading & thanks for polling!
ToddM
Posted 1/27/2016 6:54 PM (#801605 - in reply to #801522)
Subject: Re: Hughes River? Your Best Producer?

My best 8"er is a custom Raze Pinter painted bughey. Silver grey/black with black zig zag bars. Another 8" in the pearl with blue bars just don't know the color name. I have several 6" hugheys that have quite a few fish too
Peter Stoltman
Posted 1/27/2016 10:33 PM (#801674 - in reply to #801522)

Without trying to stir the pot and without a knock on the bait in question here's an observation. At one time HR baits were highly sought after and guys were paying big bucks and sometimes waiting LONG time periods to get their lures. People rushed into sport shows to snatch up every one they could get. Over time and due to a lack of retail support they sort of faded. At this point the poll has had 289 views and only 5 people have felt compelled to vote. Sure they still catch fish and are a good bait but not nearly as sought after as they once were. I've seen a similar situation happen with a number of other baits. What do I take away from this observation? If you have lightning in a bottle and plan on making a career in the fishing tackle business you're better off learning how to be a good business person than a fisherman. There are only a handful of individuals who have managed to learn that lesson and consistently run profitable businesses. Just a thought.
Jeff78
Posted 1/28/2016 7:36 AM (#801707 - in reply to #801522)

I have to disagree Pete, go monitor their prices sold for on Ebay. They command big bucks, I am probably in the minority but all of mine are unfished. Same as my MHM collectors baits. Heck, I don't even fish my Dadsons anymore. I have plenty of other baits to throw.
Pete Stoltman
Posted 1/28/2016 9:57 AM (#801733 - in reply to #801522)

I understand Jeff and don't deny that there is a collector market for a lot of lures that demand high prices. However, the general demand from the fishing community for those lures has dropped off considerably. You don't find the average angler breaking down the doors to spend that kind of money for a lure. There will always be a demand for small production, custom, unique lures and in small production quantities they can get quite spendy. I'm referring to lures that want to have an ongoing presence as major player in the industry. Again I refer to the numbers on this poll. Approaching 500 views and only 7 poll responses. I would suggest that most guys just don't care.
ToddM
Posted 1/28/2016 10:39 AM (#801740 - in reply to #801522)

Pete I agree with what your saying, knowing the history is part of this as it goes back 15 years. These baits are like Garcia morrums, there are a select group that know what they are and will pay big bucks to get them. Added to this is that many glide bait makers produce a bait that works equally well if not better for much less money while other bait makers have made baits that are.much more beautiful at a similar cost. I still have all of mine and I still use them for fishing.
tmag
Posted 1/28/2016 3:20 PM (#801809 - in reply to #801522)
Subject: RE: Hughes River? Your Best Producer?

Hey Guys,

I think this thread has digressed somewhere else. The original idea of the post to simply find out from those who do and have fished them, which produced the best results.

Perhaps some of the subject matter presented would be a good subject on a separate thread of its own? Just a thought.

For my part, I'd say that I've done better with Hugheys than Shakers and that the Black Okoboji Perch has been a pretty good color for me. I will qualify that I do throw Shakers with both original & new weighting which could be a factor.

It could also be that many who have viewed the thread were curious to see what guys were choosing even if they don't yet own any.

If you own & fish them, please vote. Which HR model & color has done good for ya?

Thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)