Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Anti-s will never learn!

Message Subject: Anti-s will never learn!
kdawg
Posted 1/23/2016 7:24 PM (#800958 - in reply to #800918)
Subject: Re: Anti-s will never learn!

dfkiii - 1/23/2016 1:04 PM

kdawg - 1/23/2016 12:09 PM

AHHH the media and their editorials. Kind of reminds me of what's happening to police officers these days. Kdawg

What's happening to police officers these days aside from having their actions caught on film ? Surely a few bad cops don't make all cops bad. Are you saying that a few bad editorials don't make all editorials bad or that the "if it bleeds, it leads" media doesn't represent all media ?
DFKiii, Can u remember an editorial that said something positive about the police? It would certainly be nice to read every now and then.
dfkiii
Posted 1/23/2016 7:37 PM (#800959 - in reply to #800958)

kdawg - 1/23/2016 7:24 PM

dfkiii - 1/23/2016 1:04 PM

kdawg - 1/23/2016 12:09 PM

AHHH the media and their editorials. Kind of reminds me of what's happening to police officers these days. Kdawg

What's happening to police officers these days aside from having their actions caught on film ? Surely a few bad cops don't make all cops bad. Are you saying that a few bad editorials don't make all editorials bad or that the "if it bleeds, it leads" media doesn't represent all media ?

DFKiii, Can u remember an editorial that said something positive about the police? It would certainly be nice to read every now and then.

Not necessarily an editorial but I've seen a few evening news pieces that were very positive. Still, I get your point. The press could work those stories a bit harder.
tolle141
Posted 1/25/2016 12:58 PM (#801132 - in reply to #800797)

You know, there's a story about a company of a company in a town that didn't realize it's impact to the economy. So the owner starting paying everyone's bonuses in $2 bills. Pretty soon those $2 bills started showing up everywhere and people realized how much of an impact the company had on the little town.

Maybe we need to do something similar. Maybe it's a stamp or something that we put on our cash, but shows that muskies really help create jobs and improve the community.
FAT-SKI
Posted 1/25/2016 2:47 PM (#801144 - in reply to #800829)
Subject: RE: Anti-s will never learn!

A customer of mine gave me this article to read. As he handed it to me he said " look at what this ding ding said about muskies" " I guess Ron White was correct after all - You really can't fix STUPID"!!!!
North of 8
Posted 1/25/2016 6:08 PM (#801157 - in reply to #800797)

I am curious if the folks who worry so much about muskies eating "their" walleyes are concerned about the impact other predators have on fish stock, in particular loons. Loons are terrific eaters. The WI DNR tech who did creel counts about 8 years ago on the chain where I live told me how on a research lake in WI, the DNR had stocked a fair number of 8 to 10" walleyes, each with a small tag. A few months later, a loon was found dead on the lake, probably struck by a boat. When they did the necropsy, almost a dozen of the tags from the stocked walleyes were found in its stomach. Apparently they did not break down, were difficult to excrete and therefore stayed in the bird. He said the biologists were somewhat surprised the loon ate fish that large.

And then there are the river otters. I stood on my dock one day and watched a family of five go to town on a school of bluegills. I was close enough to see the blood on their whiskers and the crunch of bones. They seldom surfaced without a fish and they dove over and over again for almost 15 minutes. Warm blooded mammals who live in water need a lot of fuel.
Pointerpride102
Posted 1/25/2016 7:46 PM (#801170 - in reply to #801157)

North of 8 - 1/25/2016 6:08 PM

I am curious if the folks who worry so much about muskies eating "their" walleyes are concerned about the impact other predators have on fish stock, in particular loons. Loons are terrific eaters. The WI DNR tech who did creel counts about 8 years ago on the chain where I live told me how on a research lake in WI, the DNR had stocked a fair number of 8 to 10" walleyes, each with a small tag. A few months later, a loon was found dead on the lake, probably struck by a boat. When they did the necropsy, almost a dozen of the tags from the stocked walleyes were found in its stomach. Apparently they did not break down, were difficult to excrete and therefore stayed in the bird. He said the biologists were somewhat surprised the loon ate fish that large.

And then there are the river otters. I stood on my dock one day and watched a family of five go to town on a school of bluegills. I was close enough to see the blood on their whiskers and the crunch of bones. They seldom surfaced without a fish and they dove over and over again for almost 15 minutes. Warm blooded mammals who live in water need a lot of fuel.

The antis believe that muskies eat the loon eggs. Seriously.
dfkiii
Posted 1/25/2016 8:31 PM (#801173 - in reply to #801170)

Pointerpride102 - 1/25/2016 7:46 PM

North of 8 - 1/25/2016 6:08 PM

The antis believe that muskies eat the loon eggs. Seriously.

Which reel is best for retrieving loon eggs ?
Moltisanti
Posted 1/26/2016 2:07 PM (#801269 - in reply to #800797)

The Star and Sickle has been a rag for years. I always thought it cast the weirdo 612ers in a bad light. Then I read the comments section and found it to be a more accurate than I thought.
Musky952
Posted 1/26/2016 2:27 PM (#801274 - in reply to #800797)

well said TCESOX. I just find it amazing that people have so much to say and they don't even look at facts. educate yourself and you might stop stressing yourself out.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)