Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Lure Reviews from last season

Message Subject: Lure Reviews from last season
banditman
Posted 1/19/2016 7:16 AM (#800308)
Subject: Lure Reviews from last season

Dadsons - I bought a 9mm Bullet in the North Shore Cisco pattern last year and I thought it was OK. I ended up trading it for a Lake X lure. I found other blade baits that I just liked better than the Dadson. I'm not saying the Dadson was bad, it is a very well built bait, better than most in fact. I just liked other blade baits better. Personal preference!
Spanky Baits-The Spanky was a lure I really enjoyed last season. I will defiantly buy a few more for this season to replace some of my worn out dbl 10's. It casts very nice and the blades always started.
Barfighters - I'm still undecided on this lure. I have one and it is a very solid lure. I stuck my biggest Northern to date on this the first time out with it. Its well made and looks great. I'm not a really big fan of having to add weight to the lure,its very buoyant. I'll give this lure another season before I make a final decision on weather I like it or not.
Lake X Lures- Not much you can say about these. They just work!!! I have Dr Evil and the Fat Bastard. Both produced good numbers. Not my favorite top waters yet, but they are climbing the chart.

My best producing lures last season were still my old standards. Anything by Mepps still produced fish. Suicks, Reef Hawgs, Top Raiders, & Bull Dawgs are still putting fish in the net as well. If these lures ever stop working, I'm quitting the musky game!!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)