Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Fiberglass Hull and Transducers

Message Subject: Fiberglass Hull and Transducers
cast4musky
Posted 1/7/2016 2:51 PM (#798544)
Subject: Fiberglass Hull and Transducers

I was just wondering if most of the transducers can be epoxied to the inside of a fiberglass hull/ or Kyack? Was just curious if this could be done as I would prefer not to mount externally.... Thanks for any suggestions Mike Jr
muskie! nut
Posted 1/7/2016 4:00 PM (#798555 - in reply to #798544)
Subject: Re: Fiberglass Hull and Transducers

When I got my Tuffy, I went out on the lake. I pulled the plug for a time allowing water to fill up the bottom of the boat, Then place the transducer in the water shooting thru the hull and moving it around looking at the locator and making sure that you get a "clean" picture. Make note of where that is. Go home, dry area, and using clay (I used clay and a cut off small paper solo cup for the sides) making a "dam" area and placing the epoxy (make sure that you mix gently as not to introduce air bubbles into the epoxy) in the dam area and place transducer in there moving the transducer around in a circular motion, working out any air bubbles under the transducer. Let cure.
Of course this will not work with side scan transducers.
cast4musky
Posted 1/7/2016 5:49 PM (#798564 - in reply to #798544)

Awesome Thank You so much That sounds like a plan, exactly what i was hoping might work.......Thanks Mike
muskie! nut
Posted 1/7/2016 10:15 PM (#798592 - in reply to #798544)

There are special epoxy use for this. Its a little more "runny" that allows the epoxy to seep into the cracks and it allows the air bubbles to escape when left to harden. Also it should have the directions that I mentioned.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)