Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Any Idea when the Toro Beast will be in stores?

Message Subject: Any Idea when the Toro Beast will be in stores?
jaultman
Posted 9/18/2015 11:08 AM (#784995 - in reply to #783079)
Subject: Re: Any Idea when the Toro Beast will be in stores?

Size of gears can influence longevity and efficiency but has no impact on actual work input.
johndtuttle
Posted 9/18/2015 12:37 PM (#785016 - in reply to #784949)

jaultman - 9/18/2015 5:16 AM

BenR - 9/17/2015 9:55 AM

I would be fun see a reel curve similar to the draw curves you see with archery equipment. I would have to guess there is a way to actually show the work involved with reels.

Not sure what you mean by 'similar to draw curves', as there's nothing that similar about it. But this spreadsheet shows how some popular reels compare when it comes to retrieving a bait at a specified speed.

Thanks for that.

The missing ingredient in the spread sheet is handle length for all of the reels it seems?

Very clearly we can see that turning tiny spools is very easy as their spool height to gear ratio is very low, but the handle length is the missing piece of the puzzle.

A Tranx takes the most effort to crank given it's high gear ratio and spool height, but these are easily overcome with a long handle and in fact they move large lures easier.

One of the reasons gears have grown (besides room for bigger drag stacks) is to increase their strength....which allows longer handles. Then, for the same input effort by the angler the reel becomes far easier to crank.

best
Hodag Hunter
Posted 9/18/2015 1:00 PM (#785026 - in reply to #783079)

Have the beast HS. Works well with rubber, haven't tried blades or power handle. Caught a fish last night using it.....it worked.
BenR
Posted 9/18/2015 3:13 PM (#785056 - in reply to #784949)

jaultman - 9/18/2015 7:16 AM

BenR - 9/17/2015 9:55 AM

I would be fun see a reel curve similar to the draw curves you see with archery equipment. I would have to guess there is a way to actually show the work involved with reels.

Not sure what you mean by 'similar to draw curves', as there's nothing that similar about it. But this spreadsheet shows how some popular reels compare when it comes to retrieving a bait at a specified speed.

You can attach a bow for example to program that maps the effort involved basically from start to finish. Would be cool to a have program that turns the reels handle with any given bait and maps the effort needed. I am sure it is out there, but just not available to public yet. That is the type of program I was speaking of.
cast4musky
Posted 9/20/2015 9:42 AM (#785167 - in reply to #783079)

WOW Revo Toro S 61 looks like a Beaut....... Smooth and nice size reel looks like it will work for 10's perfectly. And at $225 each No Tax and Free shipping how can you go wrong......GREAT DEAL Mike
cast4musky
Posted 9/20/2015 9:44 AM (#785169 - in reply to #783079)

Tranx replacement for 10's for sure....if weight is a Big Concern.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)