Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Terrova Foot Pedal Speed Control Issues

Reply New post
Message Subject: Terrova Foot Pedal Speed Control Issues
ChiefFan08
Posted 4/25/2015 7:14 AM (#766586)
Subject: Terrova Foot Pedal Speed Control Issues

Went out fishing yesterday for the first time this year. It was windy and I was having issues with getting my speed right with auto pilot.

The speed control knob was not stopping at 0 or 10, it would just keep spinning.

I had my remote so I was able to salvage fishing for the day, but the speed setting on the remote would not match what was on the foot pedal if I adjusted the pedal. (Remote said speed 6, but foot pedal was adjusted to 8).

Anybody else have this issue and was it a pretty easy fix or do I need a new pedal? Taking it to the authorized service center today.
kjgmh
Posted 4/25/2015 8:28 AM (#766599 - in reply to #766586)
Subject: Re: Terrova Foot Pedal Speed Control Issues

Sounds like you need a new pedal.
Chain Gang
Posted 4/25/2015 9:21 AM (#766612 - in reply to #766586)

The pedals don't last long unfortunately
Riverrat351
Posted 4/25/2015 9:49 AM (#766613 - in reply to #766612)

I'm not sure how the knob is connected to the potentiometer but I would start there. It may just be loose and not turning the "controller ".
Fishysam
Posted 4/26/2015 12:29 AM (#766688 - in reply to #766586)

Brand new out of box both a ipilot and my new link. The foot pedal on 7.5 shows 10 on remotes and on my bird. That is not an issue in my mind. I feel like the rolling wheel is just not perfectly matched to the thingy that adjusts power. But when on 10 it seems to have about 10.5 when compared to 10 via remote.

Now as the rolling over with out stopping my pedal has done that 3 times but everything still works there is just not a solid stop but there is a stopping point for me. And my dads ipilot has done that a few times as well. I run his pedal btw. Both work good after crazy time on the water but I did have to dunk his pedal in the lake to get it threw a trip. But now it's still good without replacing it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)