Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've been trying to keep this catch on the down low" -guy at the bar in PI after passing around near poster size pictures of the fish we are keeping on the down low!
- (Added by: Pointerpride102)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> repainting wood baits primer

Message Subject: repainting wood baits primer
dana hubbard
Posted 3/7/2015 7:57 PM (#758079)
Subject: repainting wood baits primer

Im trying to repaint some old wooden jerk baits. I filled the hook tracks with epoxy putty and sanded them smooth with some wood and some paint showing. Now im not sure what I need to use to prime them.
newmuskyz
Posted 3/9/2015 7:54 AM (#758331 - in reply to #758079)
Subject: RE: repainting wood baits primer

Use white original kilz in aerosol can then sand paint and clear.
genesisperformance
Posted 3/14/2015 3:30 PM (#759622 - in reply to #758079)
Subject: Re: repainting wood baits primer

i use rustoleum white 2x primer coat seems to work pretty good
Trophyseeker50
Posted 3/14/2015 7:57 PM (#759662 - in reply to #758079)

One thing to take into account is what type of paint you plan on using to paint the Bait. What ever kind of paint you plan to use must work with that sort of primer. What I mean by that is if you begin to mix lacquers any mammals or in many cases water-based and enamel primer you will have catastrophic results. I believe that if you use an enamel primer such as rust oleum and leave it to dry 100%, you will be able to put water-based paints over that. Don't quote me on that seeing as I use all lacquer or solvent-based pants. Because I use lacquer based pants I must also use lacquer based primer. One thing I have found to work while is rust oleum brand automotive filler primer. It can be bought in the automotive paint section of many stores.
genesisperformance
Posted 3/15/2015 10:42 AM (#759739 - in reply to #758079)

the rustoleum works great, i can spray water based paint over it, if i mess up rinse the paint off the primer and start over

Edited by genesisperformance 3/15/2015 10:43 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)