Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... >
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

Frozen
Message Subject: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release
sworrall
Posted 1/8/2009 1:42 PM (#353846 - in reply to #353833)
Subject: RE: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

Rick - 1/8/2009 12:54 PM

Again, I am not ripping Steve. If it’s him he has a great reputation and just say it’s him. Stop with the perception and let it grow to what it can be.

No, I am not calling them to ask what I can do. And from what I have heard about others complaining about the other tournaments, not many will.

Having a higher entry fee to have a $30K isn’t innovative, it’s basic math. If you charge more, there better be more.

The digital camera format might be what you and Al Lindner want but not the majority of anglers or all circuits would be doing it. No matter what, bass, walleye, crappie or musky people want a witness, someone else to see the fish. Even if it’s just for piece of mind.

Lambeau, you are fishing the whole trail not knowing rules, payouts, schedule, dates, etc. ?????????????? Funny.

Good luck.

The payout for first place is 33% higher than the competition with 3% fewer boats for a full field at 20% higher entry per team. The 2nd through 16th place payouts are also higher. $24,000.00 (full fields) goes to team of the year with no additional charges adding 7% to the total payout. There's your basic math. Do the same math for the other events out there, please, and if you like, post your results.

BASS is using 'Marshalls' (observer in each boat) and going digital. MMT went digital a long time ago. Anglers Insight Marketing AKA AIM, the newest and most exciting circuit in the walleye world uses CRR, a similar format. It's impossible to 'cheat', no reason to go into it here and now; let's just say it can't be done. We would be happy to take MAC to a Pro/Co Angler format, but the overall belief is competitive angling is not yet ready for that in the Muskie world. Maybe soon.

Posted 1/8/2009 1:43 PM (#353847 - in reply to #353772)

Rick - 1/8/2009 7:17 AM

why would anyone not be registering and posting who they are and what their involvement with the new circuit is to give them credibility?

Yeah. Great point, Rick ....er.... Wait, you haven't logged in or registered
Corporate Fiberdome
Posted 1/8/2009 1:49 PM (#353849 - in reply to #350957)

To re-fresh everyones thoughts or thinking......

1) Fiberdome Inc, is not a principal of MAC/Muskie Anglers Circuit.

2) Tuffy Boats is not a principal of MAC/Muskie Anglers Circuit. Tuffy is one of many sponsors.

3) Steve Worrall is not an employee of Fiberdome Incorporated.

4) Steve Worrall is not an employee of Tuffy Boats.

5) Tuffy Boats is an advertising/promotional client of MuskieFirst.

All major MAC principals will be present at the Muskie Tri Esox Show. Mac looks forward to all your questions and comments.
little birdie
Posted 1/8/2009 2:14 PM (#353855 - in reply to #353849)

Minocqua
Holcombe
Leech
Vermillion

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(!cid_2E2894CA-B1CB-41BD-8476-52322D45836B.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments !cid_2E2894CA-B1CB-41BD-8476-52322D45836B.gif (443KB - 99 downloads)
The Stik
Posted 1/8/2009 2:56 PM (#353864 - in reply to #350957)

As a business owner I wonder how the world they can put it together. ALot of money and not many companies have much right know. The ones who do are smart and keeping it until things loosen up and start improving.

As an angler I'm excited for an opportunity like this! I love tournaments and fish as many as I can, but looking back on the Simply Fishing event in 2003 some things changed last minute that I did not agree with. I hope this is not the same deal?

See you in Chicago!
Jason Summers
Junkman
Posted 1/8/2009 3:25 PM (#353880 - in reply to #350957)
Subject: Re: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

New to this thread but I have two questions on this. First, my guess is that the requirement for these photos will make it impossible to ever fish an event without a partner. I have fished some of the other tour events as a loner when unable to secure someone who will talk to me--do I understand that right? Second, I really like the judge-boat format the best because it allows a perfect stranger to measure the fish and no need of transport. Am I just way too skeptical or isn't there a whole lot of ways to "stage" a photograph to maximize size? It might be a fun excercise to try taking photos of a fish from different heights and angles to see if that is possible--there is clearly going to be a certain advantage to two guys who are sharing the prize money to try for the best possible photo angle.
Pedro
Posted 1/8/2009 5:05 PM (#353887 - in reply to #350957)

I've fished the MMTT for 3 years with the photo format. It's pretty impossible to cheat the system. I believe winners are also required to take lie dector tests if asked. The computer zooms in so far on the board when measuring you can see the measurement down to the 1/16 inch if you want. I like no judges, there's no waiting around, just call your fish in, take the photos and keep fishing. Best of all you get the fish released quickly.
Posted 1/8/2009 5:20 PM (#353890 - in reply to #353849)

If Fiberdome isn't a principal, why is the Fiberdome address the address for the MAC? Seems strange.

And SWorrall does work for Tuffy Boats in a roundabout way. SWorrall=MuskieFirst, which apparently has a contract with Fiberdome/Tuffy Boats.

Seriously, why the mystery/secrecy/vagueness?

Could someone please name the people and organizations behind the MAC? Lambeau apparently knows. Why shouldn't the rest of us?

Editors Note:
Who owns the FLW? Who owns BASS?

It isn't boat the owners, it's about the ANGLERS.
Team Rhino
Posted 1/8/2009 7:57 PM (#353907 - in reply to #350957)

Why can't anybody wait for a few days. They said originally all info would be out at the Chicago Show. Seems to me like the show is tomorrow so maybe wait till then till you rake these guys over the coals.
lambeau
Posted 1/8/2009 9:28 PM (#353925 - in reply to #353890)

Could someone please name the people and organizations behind the MAC? Lambeau apparently knows. Why shouldn't the rest of us?

yes, i know the people.
everyone else will know as well...tomorrow. or today, by the time you're reading this. i believe most of the principals will be at the Chicago Show.

Am I just way too skeptical or isn't there a whole lot of ways to "stage" a photograph to maximize size? It might be a fun excercise to try taking photos of a fish from different heights and angles to see if that is possible--there is clearly going to be a certain advantage to two guys who are sharing the prize money to try for the best possible photo angle.

i haven't seen the rules for the MAC, but i assume since it's bump boards that they will do things similarly to the MMTT/Hartman tournies as has already been mentioned. this requires a picture clearly showing the fish on the board with head "bumping" and tail on the tape.

i've included a picture below taken during an MMTT event to demonstrate.
with a full-size pic straight from the camera you can zoom in very close and verify the "bump" as well as see the measurement with good precision. Paul's MMTT events round up anything to the next largest 1/2" so that people don't waste time worrying about trying to find that last extra 1/4".
the bump-board process is a very quick and ultimately fish-friendly way to confirm the size of the fish while getting it released quickly.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(boardfish.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments boardfish.jpg (227KB - 88 downloads)
sworrall
Posted 1/8/2009 11:09 PM (#353950 - in reply to #350957)

The Muskie Anglers trail isn't about the 'principals' and never will be. This Circuit is about the Anglers, the sponsors, and the promotional partners. The intent is to keep focused where the focus needs to be in promotional and all other efforts.

No one will be able to fudge a measurement successfully. There is no 'best angle' the fish will measure what the board allows, nose to board, tail on board. Simple.

The MAC is a Limited Liability Corp. As such, it's separate from any and all other business entities any of the 'principals' operate for obvious reasons.

Shep
Posted 1/9/2009 8:43 AM (#354001 - in reply to #353890)

And SWorrall does work for Tuffy Boats in a roundabout way. SWorrall=MuskieFirst, which apparently has a contract with Fiberdome/Tuffy Boats. Seriously, why the mystery/secrecy/vagueness?

Why the mystery/secrecy/vagueness? It's called marketing. They want to make the big splash at the Chicago Show. Build some excitement, and have some fanfare, release the big picture, kick it off at a major event at the beginning of the year.

The differentiating element to this circuit is the emphasis on the anglers, not on the organizers. I see this as a good thing. I look at other circuits for Muskie, Walleye and Bass, and it's always been about the sponsors of those circuits, and they didn't do much to promote the anglers. The Bass side has been doing more the past couple of years, and now the Walleye side has AIM, which starts this year. That is going to be a circuit good for the anglers. Much like this new MAC for the muskie anglers.

Can't wait to see what comes out at the Chicago show today/tonight/tomorrow.

Edited by Shep 1/9/2009 10:56 AM
Why Knot
Posted 1/9/2009 8:50 AM (#354002 - in reply to #350957)

Well said Shep........
Junkman
Posted 1/9/2009 8:51 AM (#354003 - in reply to #350957)

Thanks for comments and the photo of the "lambeau" fish which really helps. Interestingly, you can see clearly that the top point of the tail is being pushed slightly lower than the general horizontal line of the fish and that the tail is also not being pinched together as many formats require. I am not saying for a moment here that this means anybody was involved in a manipulation or a lack of honesty...I'm just saying that in a game of inches, a piece here and a piece there can add up to a lot. Naturally, when you win by ten inches--nobody cares. In any case, I'll be at that booth tomorrow and I'll be picking up the literature to be giving it a real serious look. If the thing is good, I am going to want to fish it. Marty Forman

Edited by Junkman 1/9/2009 8:53 AM
Medford Fisher
Posted 1/9/2009 11:22 AM (#354043 - in reply to #350957)

"I believe most anglers don’t care for the camera method either."
-rick

Maybe it's just me, but I thought that most muskie fishermen would want this method used for tournaments. I've fished a few WMT events and talked to a few guys who wished there wasn't transport involved and all agreed that the bumpboard/photo would be great. Doesn't seem like there's ever any complaints from the MMTT, but I could be wrong on that.

I probably won't have enough money to fish in these tournaments, but in the future, I sure hope that I will have the chance to.

-Jake Bucki
sworrall
Posted 1/9/2009 1:19 PM (#354076 - in reply to #350957)

There have been dozens of examinations of 'pinching the tail' and not 'pinching the tail' by tournament organizations over the years, and general consensus is if the nose of the fish is on the board end, no matter what you do with the tail, the max measure will be what it is. If you tip the tail either way, it will shorten the measure.
TopWalker
Posted 1/9/2009 2:01 PM (#354085 - in reply to #354076)

If possible, could someone please provide the lakes and dates for the trail; (if I'm correct that it was announced today). Thank you.

TW
ranger6
Posted 1/9/2009 2:22 PM (#354088 - in reply to #354085)

The anitcipation is killing us. How do you expect us to keep our minds on work? My production is going way down, I keep popping open MF to check for the news. You fail to remember, your captive audience is a bunch of impatient and sickly addicted musky nuts who can do nothing right now but watch the snow flakes fall....
sworrall
Posted 1/9/2009 3:17 PM (#354100 - in reply to #350957)

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/articles/01.09.2009/1934/Muskie.Ang...
Parker
Posted 1/9/2009 4:09 PM (#354113 - in reply to #350957)

If Vermilion is true, that's a muskie tournament 3 out of 4 weekends stretching from July 18 - August 9th. Hottest time of the year up here. Water temps didn't get to 80 last summer, but that was an aberration. Every other summer for the past 10 years the surface temps hit 80 during that stretch. Very concerned about the pounding this lake will take in '09 with all the tourneys and accompanying pre-fishing. Guess the congo lines will be ever worse in '09.

editor's Note:
We spoke with several resort owners on the lake, and were told that average temps during that week are low 70's. NOT 80, and more often than high 70's, high 60's.
CA
Posted 1/9/2009 4:51 PM (#354130 - in reply to #354113)
Subject: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

Parker - 1/9/2009 4:09 PM

If Vermilion is true, that's a muskie tournament 3 out of 4 weekends stretching from July 18 - August 9th. Hottest time of the year up here. Water temps didn't get to 80 last summer, but that was an aberration. Every other summer for the past 10 years the surface temps hit 80 during that stretch. Very concerned about the pounding this lake will take in '09 with all the tourneys and accompanying pre-fishing. Guess the congo lines will be ever worse in '09.

I was thinking the same thing........poor timing
Pedro
Posted 1/9/2009 5:15 PM (#354137 - in reply to #350957)

Sucks the first event is on MN muskie opener I believe.
sworrall
Posted 1/9/2009 5:22 PM (#354139 - in reply to #350957)

The fish will be released immediately, and we already covered what would happen if temps were unacceptable ANYWHERE a MAC event is held.

Beaver
Posted 1/10/2009 10:48 PM (#354286 - in reply to #351729)

I suppose you'll be doing coverage on all of these events, so I'll have to look for another partner?
Walking Bull
Bighick
Posted 1/11/2009 1:24 AM (#354293 - in reply to #354286)

does anyone know if/when the website will be up and running?
sworrall
Posted 1/11/2009 7:35 AM (#354302 - in reply to #350957)

We'll have a tentative schedule for the website posted this week.
Mak51
Posted 1/11/2009 12:27 PM (#354347 - in reply to #354302)

Is it clear what the boundary lines are for the Vermilion Tournament? Is it strictly east end up to the Oak Narrows, visa versa for the West end, or the whole lake?
TJ DeVoe
Posted 1/11/2009 12:28 PM (#354348 - in reply to #354347)

At this point, the entire lake is open.
Pedro
Posted 1/11/2009 1:25 PM (#354355 - in reply to #350957)

Have the tourney hours been set yet? Like 7-5 sat 7-2 sunday for example.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 1/11/2009 1:36 PM (#354356 - in reply to #354355)

MAC fishing hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, and 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday.
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... >
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)