Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... >
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

Frozen
Message Subject: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release
Posted 12/30/2008 11:34 AM (#352177 - in reply to #350957)
Subject: RE: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

Location is only part of what draws people to tournaments. With most of the anglers being in WI MN IL and the best options for tournaments being in WI MN they are starting in the best place they can.

The PMTT has been fishing some of the same lakes over and over. They go to these lakes because the PMTT gets paid to bring the trail to that lake. They are not fishing them because the anglers request them.
However the turn out is good on lakes like the Eagle chain because the payout is good. Also because it is local to many anglers.
You also have to take in acount that we have few lakes that can support the amount of anglers that a full field would have ( 125 ). If you look at IL they only have 2 KY only has 1 and if Cave had a full field on it it would be very crowded!
When the PMTT goes to KY it has less that 100 teams and at Shelbyvile last year it had less that 75?

With that being said why would a new tournament trail go to fish waters that dont produce the anglers when they can fish waters that have beter potential of getting beter turn outs.
No mater what trail you fish if the anglers dont fish it you will not have a good pay out.
IL guest
Posted 1/2/2009 6:43 PM (#352718 - in reply to #350957)

Anything new or wait or the Chicago Show.......Will there be principles from MAC at the show?
Muskie Anglers C
Posted 1/2/2009 7:51 PM (#352727 - in reply to #352718)

Watch for a press release this coming Wednesday.
Posted 1/7/2009 10:01 AM (#353590 - in reply to #352727)

Any news or dates or lakes yet???????
Hammskie
Posted 1/7/2009 1:05 PM (#353631 - in reply to #350957)
Subject: Re: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

2nd most anticipated moment of '09... right behind opener.
sworrall
Posted 1/7/2009 1:07 PM (#353632 - in reply to #350957)

Dates should be announced in another press release this coming Friday.
A MAC release from today:

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/articles/01.07.2009/1926/.Muskie.An...
Reelwise
Posted 1/7/2009 1:24 PM (#353633 - in reply to #350957)

Mississippi River tournament?
wallytap
Posted 1/7/2009 3:43 PM (#353653 - in reply to #352727)

Come on boys, I've followed the bait this far....but ain't biting yet......LOL
sworrall
Posted 1/7/2009 3:59 PM (#353656 - in reply to #350957)

Dates should be announced in another press release this Friday.
The brochure for the Muskie Anglers Circuit is going to be available at the Chicago Show.
Registration forms will be available at the Chicago Show.
big money winner
Posted 1/7/2009 5:10 PM (#353675 - in reply to #353656)

do we need to go the the chicago show to register or is there going to be another place to get the form?
sworrall
Posted 1/7/2009 5:23 PM (#353679 - in reply to #350957)

You will, in the near future, be able to register by phone, online, and through the mail.
The Stik
Posted 1/7/2009 8:11 PM (#353717 - in reply to #353679)

Was the anticipated announcement I wanted patiently for to be released Wednesday about Jim being "MOC"?

Schedule or anything yet?

Jason

TJ DeVoe
Posted 1/7/2009 8:13 PM (#353718 - in reply to #353717)

Yes, the press release today is about Mr. Kalkofen being the MOC. As stated above and in the first page of this thread, the dates and locations will be released at Chicago.
Rick
Posted 1/8/2009 7:17 AM (#353772 - in reply to #350957)

Why isn’t anybody else asking the obvious questions? Some might think I am ripping on it or people and this will probably get pulled only because they can, but I don’t know why others haven’t questioned it yet. Is it just me or does this whole MAC thing seem like it’s only or mostly S Worrall. Let’s face it, it is Tuffy Boats which he works for and MuskiesFirst which is S Worrall. The posts and press releases are from MuskiesFIRST or S Worrall. Is this not one in the same? The others involved or at least answering questions like they are involved e,i; Sunfish or Muskie Anglers C. have no name, which would leave one to believe that again it is all S Worrall. If not, why would anyone not be registering and posting who they are and what their involvement with the new circuit is to give them credibility? How does anyone named Sunfish have facts about the new circuit and doesn’t have to post his name when he states facts about what’s coming up? Why isn’t anyone asking.

How is this new circuit new or innovative? They are fishing Wisconsin and Minnesota which has their own circuits already, the WMT and the MMTT. The MAC is going to use the digital photo, bumpboard for registering fish, which the MMTT has been doing for years. Yes, they are going to have awesome coverage on Muskies First but anything else? The MAC is holding two of their tournaments in the hot water months of July and August, which if I remember correctly, the PMTT was shredded when they came out, because people said they would eventually hold tournaments in the hot water months. Now it is OK for the fish?

Does anyone else feel like it is being thrown together as they go? They state that they are going to make a major press release and the only thing new is the entry fee and first place prize payout and it came out at the end of the day, like they had to put something out there because they already said they would and didn’t have much yet. Then they say another announcement for Wednesday and we just get confirmation of Master of ceremonies which they kind of said already. Is it always going to be like this or is it still being thrown together as they go.

It also seems like it is going to be low budget. No magazine coverage, no TV. The “perception” that it is going to be so much more than the other tournaments doesn’t seem possible at this point. I mean the Chicago show is a day away, so the brochures have to be printed already, so why not give out the full info. Everything has to be done already right? Unless the brochures are just copies run off at Office Max or Kinko’s which again means thrown together last minute and low budget. Digital camera’s and bumpboards are also low budget. Yes, initial cost at first, but I imagine judges cost a lot of money, multiplied times every tournament, times every year. Yes, the MMTT has been doing it but only because the MDNR passed laws that made it the only way to hold a musky tournament in Minnesota. They did judge boats before and that cost money. I believe most anglers don’t care for the camera method either.

Don’t get all worked up about me pointing out facts, these should have been brought up already. Maybe they were but got pulled, because no one wants to answer these yet. We’ll see at the end of the year and maybe everything will work out and full fields at every tournament. Right now, I and I’m sure there are many others are skeptical and apprehensive to say the least.

Wimuskyfisherman
Posted 1/8/2009 9:33 AM (#353791 - in reply to #350957)

Rick,

Go to page 1... There were posts on there about the owners of Tuffy running this tornament. What you are saying is not news to anyone. Go back and read the posts on page 1. And yes, there have been many questions raised about what is happening. You are not the first to wonder what is going on and post such. The Chicago show is tomorrow- there should be more info then.

John

run n gun
Posted 1/8/2009 9:57 AM (#353794 - in reply to #353772)

Jeez!
Lets give these guys a chance for god sakes.
All these guys have said is that they intend to create something that could be very exciting. They also gave us a picture of what it could possibly develope into.
It may all happen this year, it may take 2-3 years to line up all the necessary players, partners, sponsors, ect.
It's like starting a small business, and it's hard.
No doubt whoever is trying to pull this together is working their butts off to get permits, line up sponsors and everything else that is involved to start a business.
If it was me and I read a post like I just read well lets just say I wouldnt be pleased. I mean dont you think they understand that we need tournament schedules? Dont you think they understand they are fighting for tournament anglers and getting that info out asap is in their best interest.
Whether it's Steve or Tuffy or whomever what difference does that make?
Whoever it is, they're doing more than I am to further tournament oportunities. I think rather than criticize them we should be asking how we can help.

Joe
jonnysled
Posted 1/8/2009 10:06 AM (#353796 - in reply to #350957)

i don't know ... fiberdome owns tuffy, steve works for tuffy, muskyfirst is an outlet for tuffy and toyota ... outdoorsfirst media was strongly associated with the walleye thing where these guys were ... it has been defined as such from day one and now they build up excitement prior to the major show making this "the news" for those attending. sounds like good business and good journalism to me. it's one thing to put out a tournament that takes into consideration the best points that have been learned over time, but the kicker to me is the can-am challenge which has got to be exciting for the top anglers who are interested in making a name for themselves. i know a few anglers who will benefit and they are fired up ... actually driving down as we speak.

i'm more interested to hear about the u.s. vs. canada part of it than anything and can't wait to see where, who the key players are and how it's going to happen. pretty good stuff if you ask me ...
sworrall
Posted 1/8/2009 10:15 AM (#353798 - in reply to #353772)

The Muskie Angler's Circuit is an LLC. Yes, I am one of the people involved and I'm delighted to have the opportunity.

How is the new Circuit innovative?
1) Total and immediate CPR in a Pro Format event with a full field $30,000.00 first place payout. Yes, Paul Hartman innovated the CPR format, and MAC feels more events out there should use it.
2) The events are going to be operated in the tradition of the major Walleye events. A full blown stage, sound system, plasma screens, live web coverage which means folks can watch the virtual 'weigh in' online...live. A professional master of ceremonies will run each afternoon's stage activities, interviewing the Pros as they come across the stage offering opportunity for video, images, and much more of each team. For the Pros, the Fans, the Pros sponsors, and the folks who attend locally, this is quite different than anything else to date and will help bring competitive Muskie angling to a new level. In short, the circuit is about promoting the Teams fishing it, not the Circuit. That's innovative.
3)The events are scheduled for dates that are usually active times on the water applied for. The locations MAC has selected usually do not have water temps higher than low 70's at event time. In any case, the MAC is an immediate CPR event, no holding or over stressing the fish, so that point is moot unless the water temps are uncharacteristically warm for that time of year in that location; in which case the event would be rescheduled, a very unlikely scenario. The waters were selected with the pros AND the fish in mind.
4) The press releases followed the schedule announced earlier. Read that thread, originally it was stated that MAC would release all the information on locations and payouts, etc at the Tri Esox. That's exactly what will happen. By the way, Mr. Kalkofen is an icon in the sport of competitive angling and his advice, stage presence, and experience working with the press makes his accepting the position very newsworthy.
5) Nothing is being 'thrown together'. The reason for the methodical, careful release of information is to guarantee when folks read a MAC release or story, they are not reading anything speculative.
6) To the low budget comment, I beg to differ. Suffice it to say the events will be very well covered, and the paradigm now in place will be followed. No one said there will be no magazine coverage, did they? TV is what it is, and future plans are in the works. TV traditionally offers coverage well after the event is over, so we are looking to shift that to acquire better timing and add relevance to the coverage. The payouts are pretty good, too. Importantly, less 'budget ' is ending up in the organization, and more in the winning team's checking account.
7) MAC believes most anglers fishing muskies competitively want to do what's best for the fish. MAC believes most would like to fish waters like Vermilion and Leech, Cass, and Mille Lacs, Minocqua, and Pelican, and more where DNR restrictions might keep other venues out, and this format allows that to happen. Al Lindner spoke to the general format at the NPAA meeting, and said it not only is the way it should be done with muskies, it's the way of the future and MUST be done. We agree.
8) Huge budget or one not so huge if everyone, at the end of the day on Saturday, is talking about who's in the lead, watched the live onstage action, watched the morning and afternoon interviews with the team members and knows the winners on Sunday the instant the points are tallied and displayed on the MAC plasma screens, that's innovative.

Yes, the brochures are printed, and will be offered at the Tri Esox Show.

Sled, correct except for an item..Steve doesn't work for Tuffy. Tuffy Boats is an OutdoorsFIRST client, one of many. Tuffy Boats is a Promotional partner with the MAC, again, one of several.

twells
Posted 1/8/2009 11:26 AM (#353805 - in reply to #350957)

I am just waiting to see the details about the lakes and date. Should be a good opportunity for some. Looking forward to seeing more info after the weekend.
Wimuskyfisherman
Posted 1/8/2009 11:31 AM (#353807 - in reply to #350957)

Steve,

Good luck with putting everything together. It will be a great challenge. I think the waters you listed will be appealing to many people as they offer true big fish possibilty as well as the tournament setting.

John
JRedig
Posted 1/8/2009 11:35 AM (#353808 - in reply to #350957)

Yep, it's winter! =)
jonnysled
Posted 1/8/2009 11:42 AM (#353810 - in reply to #350957)

pelican
minocqua chain
mille lacs
vermillion
cass
leach

hmmmmmm
lambeau
Posted 1/8/2009 12:35 PM (#353828 - in reply to #350957)

i'm definitely fishing the full trail.
the timing is good for me as i was looking to do some tournament fishing in a more significant way this season.

i'm not involved in any way with the MAC, but my personal experience with the people organizing this trail is positive. i'm confident enough that they will do a good job that i'll be plunking down my deposit on Saturday at the Chicago Show.

the potential lake list is very cool!
plus i heard that the brochure is pretty sweet...

jonnysled
Posted 1/8/2009 12:39 PM (#353831 - in reply to #350957)

hey steve ... pelican got crowded on a tuesday night league with 13 boats ... !!! left me having to cut norm off all night long. and norm, it was morse's fault ... he told me to do it!!
muskymeyer
Posted 1/8/2009 12:54 PM (#353832 - in reply to #350957)

Can someone, preferably Steve Worrall, clear up the "Steve Worrall does not work for Tuffy" comment?

Thanks,

Corey Meyer
Rick
Posted 1/8/2009 12:54 PM (#353833 - in reply to #350957)

Again, I am not ripping Steve. If it’s him he has a great reputation and just say it’s him. Stop with the perception and let it grow to what it can be.

No, I am not calling them to ask what I can do. And from what I have heard about others complaining about the other tournaments, not many will.

Having a higher entry fee to have a $30K isn’t innovative, it’s basic math. If you charge more, there better be more.

The digital camera format might be what you and Al Lindner want but not the majority of anglers or all circuits would be doing it. No matter what, bass, walleye, crappie or musky people want a witness, someone else to see the fish. Even if it’s just for piece of mind.

Lambeau, you are fishing the whole trail not knowing rules, payouts, schedule, dates, etc. ?????????????? Funny.

Good luck.
sworrall
Posted 1/8/2009 12:54 PM (#353834 - in reply to #353831)

Norm alone creates a crowded lake.
lambeau
Posted 1/8/2009 12:59 PM (#353836 - in reply to #353833)

Lambeau, you are fishing the whole trail not knowing rules, payouts, schedule, dates, etc. ?????????????? Funny.

we know they're using the most fish-friendly format, that matters to me.
i can afford the entry fees, and have a rough idea of payouts.
we know it's one event/month throughout the summer; i've got the time off to go.
we know all events are in Wisconsin and Minnesota, and some potential lakes.

but most importantly, i personally know the people who are running it, and have faith that they'll put on good events.

it's understandable that others will take a wait-and-see approach, i respect that. for me, i know enough to have already decided that i'll participate.
nwild
Posted 1/8/2009 1:08 PM (#353838 - in reply to #353836)

Possible Tuffy incentives?

Pelican Lake a possibility?

Sounds intriguing to this feller!
slimebucket
Posted 1/8/2009 1:17 PM (#353842 - in reply to #353838)

No matter what anyone does someone will not like schedule, format, or take your pick naysayers will find something not to like. These guys have stated they are coming out at the Chicago show, so logic says that is where alot of the info will be available.

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... >
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)