Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Most annoying fishing partner habit?

Message Subject: Most annoying fishing partner habit?
esoxaddict
Posted 4/4/2007 2:13 PM (#248866 - in reply to #248769)
Subject: Re: Most annoying fishing partner habit?

Free candy bars? How can anyone complain about that?

But the dip cup, that is a rule that should extend everywhere! (While my posts don't indicate it, I AM pretty easy going.)

But that %^$%* dip cup makes me wanna PUKE. I used to smoke, and I used to chew, so I GET that you and your tobacco are joined at the johnsons, but if you leave that %&$*#&$ thing in my truck, I'm gonna be furious. And I'm gonna be mad if you leave it on my bar, on the counter, in the bathroom too. And if you spill it? I'm sneaking into your house and I'm gonna crap in your living room...

AFChief
Posted 4/4/2007 2:17 PM (#248869 - in reply to #248769)
Subject: RE: Most annoying fishing partner habit?

Guests in my boat who want to learn how to fish for muskies then totally ignore the instructions I provide.

Too much gear

Not enough gear (not prepared for the day)

People who make no attempt to keep their gear organized

People who don't pay attention to details

People who don't offer to help

Unsafe people

People who cancel last minute leaving an open seat in my boat

peolpe who don't respect the few rules I ask them to abide by

MACK
Posted 4/4/2007 2:25 PM (#248872 - in reply to #248866)

esoxaddict - 4/4/2007 2:13 PM

But the dip cup, that is a rule that should extend everywhere! (While my posts don't indicate it, I AM pretty easy going.)

But that %^$%* dip cup makes me wanna PUKE. I used to smoke, and I used to chew, so I GET that you and your tobacco are joined at the johnsons, but if you leave that %&$*#&$ thing in my truck, I'm gonna be furious. And I'm gonna be mad if you leave it on my bar, on the counter, in the bathroom too. And if you spill it? I'm sneaking into your house and I'm gonna crap in your living room...

LMAO! Dude...you're crackin' me up today! :thumbsup:
guts
Posted 4/4/2007 2:56 PM (#248877 - in reply to #248769)

me and my dad who if we musky fish are good at what he calls flow the way the world moves around you so i have to think for more than my self but sometimes we bring other people or if im bass fishing with one of my freinds

1: if im bass fishing and the bass are shallow im gonna have my rod one lure and walking in the water all day for miles don't cross my line and make me have to cut it to walk back not fishing to tie a new lure on or untie the huge not that formed

2: if we brought someone and they were a smoker don't do it at all or by me it gives me terrible migrain headaces that mess up my fishing then i get pissy.

3: if walking in the water bass will be hitting the storm will be here in 3 hours don't wine about not wanting to make the mile one more time or wine that your legs hurt or you will be sitting on shore.

the flow thing works
esoxaddict
Posted 4/4/2007 3:06 PM (#248880 - in reply to #248769)

Thanks, Mack.

I don't ask for much, LOL! I just wanna fish and have a good time. And I have to be honest, 95% of the guys I've fished with are great to be around. But there's one or two, man... If they called me up and invited me I'd probably still go, but by the end of the day, I'd be glad to see them and me going in different directions!

But let's be honest, reading all the stuff above? How may of you guys are guilty of doing at least a couple of those things?

I know I'm guilty of at least a few:

peeing on the gunnels
spilling a beer now and then
bringing too much stuff

Madmanmusky
Posted 4/4/2007 3:24 PM (#248882 - in reply to #248769)

Sorry Bro but he always wants to fish 17-20ft deep, I say Give the shallows a try at least once in awhile!!!!!
Tiger
Posted 4/4/2007 3:39 PM (#248885 - in reply to #248769)

Dont cast over my line,dont purposley break my stuff. accident's do happen, dont be a smart A@% ...
ESOXADDICT,,,,,,,seems like me and you fish with the same person. I lost my mind reading capabilities years ago. Just ASK !
I REALLY HATE when my fishing partner is having a bad day and decides to leave the water to go get drunk somewhere.usually when it's his turn to take his boat. i didnt use a vacation day to go fishing for two hours only for you to decide you want to get drunk,,,,pleanty of time to get drunk after we fish.If ya want to get drunk...dont ask me to go fishing for two hours then decide your mad at something and want to ease your nerves ........
BACKLASH
Posted 4/4/2007 5:21 PM (#248904 - in reply to #248885)

Esoxaddict,

Don't get me wrong...I love Snickers, but so do squirrels and mice over the winter.

Millsie,

99% of my hangovers are your fault.
Justin Gaiche
Posted 4/4/2007 5:35 PM (#248906 - in reply to #248815)

Who cares? I'm fishing, good enough for me.

Edited by 8inchcrank 4/5/2007 9:03 PM
ulbian
Posted 4/4/2007 6:13 PM (#248915 - in reply to #248769)

It annoys me when fishing partners complain about fishing partners.

Just joking but there is some truth to that. It's almost as if some are saying that to make a point in order to give you a hint that something you are doing is pissing them off....so I'll intentionally do stuff to rub some of them the wrong way...hehehehehe.

Let's see though...
-Don't mind fishing 3 in a boat, but if you are in the same part of the boat as I am don't stand so dang close to me that it feels like you are trying to hump my leg.
-Conversation is good, but keep it different. Don't want to hear about the same darn thing every stinking time I'm out with you. If you want to gossip about your own insignificant personal issues go get your hair done and vent to the blue haired ladies there.
-Talking up a certain product or company doesn't impress me, so shut up about it. I know guys who catch just as many muskies fishing out of a canoe or from shore as those guys with the fastest, newest boats with space aged outboards on them.
Doug Bradley
Posted 4/4/2007 6:13 PM (#248916 - in reply to #248769)

When I purchase a brand new bait or make a new one that hasnt even been in a fishes face and my buddy pulls it out of my box when Im not looking, casts it and says" I wonder how this thing works " and the water explodes!!!!! That really P155E5 me off....................................Doug
IntroC
Posted 4/4/2007 6:34 PM (#248921 - in reply to #248772)

Reelwise - 4/4/2007 12:41 AM

I find it annoying when a fishing partner complains and loses confidence when the fishing sucks. You cant catch them unless you try.

Amen!
Netman
Posted 4/4/2007 8:12 PM (#248934 - in reply to #248769)

1) Not being on time. My boat, your invited, be on time unless your wife or girlfriend was involved or both at the same time.
2) Bringing walleye gear when were muskie fishing...if you don't have the equipment borrow mine but don't insist on bringing yours.
3) Smoking is welcome as long as it doesn't make the carpet or the water.
4) You use it, you lose it, you buy it. The box is always open but don't just say your sorry.
5) Silence is golden (not Andrew), I don't talk a lot unless were on the move so don't expect me to be the conversationalist. At the bar you can't get me to shut-up
6) Fishing with a hangover is ok as long as you don't mind puking in the lake or a bucket all day.
7) Tight wallet is alright as long as I picked you up at the mission. If your a little short one day buy the next one, if your always short get a 2nd job!!!

I could go on with these all night but you'll know if somethings wrong when I don't say yes when you ask to go fishing.

Netman

Edited by Netman 4/5/2007 6:18 AM
Mikes Extreme
Posted 4/4/2007 8:50 PM (#248948 - in reply to #248862)

Cigars, chew and a bad atttude. Those are my big three. I can deal with the cigars and chew if they are very positive and have a great attitude. My boat has it's share of burn spots from the last 7 year of clients and friends. It's a boat, a fishing machine. $hit happens.

Bad attitudes will get you a quick boat ride back to the launch. It's never happened or even came close yet. I seem to have the power to change attatudes with a little time in my boat.

PapaJoe
Posted 4/4/2007 8:51 PM (#248949 - in reply to #248834)

Most annoying thing, is when a guy plays loud, constant hippie music all day long, loud too, and keeps singing along (if you can call it singing) and chain-smokes too, and thinks he can "fish better" by means of the Old Indian Fish Call trick.

Guys like that SUCK.

Papa Joe
mark m
Posted 4/4/2007 9:11 PM (#248952 - in reply to #248769)

my pet peave would definately be eating peanuts in the shell or sunflower seeds. They always end up getting wet and molding into the carpet.

Mark
guideman
Posted 4/5/2007 5:26 AM (#248974 - in reply to #248862)

People that just have to throw their bait into 6 inches of water and get hung up. You go back and get their lure and before you even have the boat turned around, they cast it right back into the same spot and get hung up again.

People who don't know squat but can't help but give their opinion about every spot you take them to. " I don't think I would have even stopped here", or my personal favorite, "So, have you caught fish here before?"

Another one that drives me nuts is a guy that when you ask them, "Did you bring anything to eat or drink?" and they say, "No, I'll be fine, I won't need any food or water, I never bring it with me. Then at the very moment you pull out a pop or a beer they say, "Hey can I get one of those"?

"Ace"

Edited by guideman 4/5/2007 5:29 AM
esoxaddict
Posted 4/5/2007 9:29 AM (#249010 - in reply to #248769)

I didn't mention attitude, but that is seriously the only thing that will make me not want to fish with you again. Ok, it's cold, it's raining, we haven't seen a fish in six hours, my feet are wet too. But this doesn't "suck", this is musky fishing! What sucks is having to lay down on the front deck for three hours in the sun on a 95 degree day because you had too much to drink the night before. Temper tantrums on the boat? Uhhh, no. I don't care who catches the fish, somebody catch the fish. If you're going to get upset because it wasn't you? Man, you are just not cut out for this.

It's perfectly ok, to say something like "come ON you stupid fish!" or "man this is brutal" when its 97 and there's no wind. It IS. But that doesn't mean "let's go home" it means "sure will be nice fishing when the sun goes down later on!"

GOTONE
Posted 4/5/2007 9:47 AM (#249016 - in reply to #248769)

Text messaging during a tournament.

"Partner" getting pissed after I lose your fish at the net and throwing HIS 9 foot All Star in the lake.

Spending the next 1/2 day looking for your 9 foot All Star with an underwater camera, snorkle and mask.

If I gotta go, I gotta go....just bring me to shore!

If I fall in the lake with a fish on, help me back in before asking "what the f@&k are you doing?"

Ah, the season's about to begin....let's do it again!

GotOne

Edited by GOTONE 4/5/2007 11:08 AM
Musky Brian
Posted 4/5/2007 10:00 AM (#249018 - in reply to #249016)

guys who take themselves and the fishing too seriously...When musky fishing becomes more like a work week and not a fun hobby that is where I draw the line

I am competitive...but when the competition turns away from a friendly competition that is when the fun is also taken out

People questioning me too much...If i am not in your way, or effecting what YOU are doing, then don't worry about what I am doing, you are a big boy and you can hook a fish on your own
esoxaddict
Posted 4/5/2007 10:24 AM (#249024 - in reply to #248769)

If anybody threw anything of mine in the lake over a fish, the next thing flying through the air would be them. And they'd be swimming back to shore, even if it was their boat.
GOTONE
Posted 4/5/2007 11:07 AM (#249034 - in reply to #248769)

"Fictional" partner, "threw" his own rod in the water, not mine. The next day I laughed until I cried!!!
esoxaddict
Posted 4/5/2007 11:32 AM (#249039 - in reply to #249034)

If this thread were a competition, I'd have to award first place to GOTONE.

(note to self:

When fishing in a boat, don't throw anything that you care if you see again. If you must throw something, and its something you want, make sure you do it in 5 FOW or less!)
C.Painter
Posted 4/5/2007 11:42 AM (#249042 - in reply to #249039)

Man Dano....that fictional partner sure sounds a lot like Bnelson :-))
muskihntr
Posted 4/5/2007 11:45 AM (#249043 - in reply to #248769)

dan o...i didnt know you fished withyour wife.
ShaneW
Posted 4/5/2007 12:28 PM (#249054 - in reply to #249043)

I keep holding my breath hoping not to see my fishing partner post here! He would say something like I whined about not seeing fish on a trip to Canada three days after getting a 54" and that boat control is not my best attribute in the boat.

Shane
mikie
Posted 4/5/2007 12:55 PM (#249060 - in reply to #248769)

I have been told about this annoying habit I have of not catching fish! Otherwise, folks who smoke and throw their butts in the water disgust me. m
tomyv
Posted 4/5/2007 3:21 PM (#249086 - in reply to #249060)

People who complain about boat habits who only use other peoples boats, and people who take it so seriously that it seems more like work to them. Other than that I don't care.

Almost forgot the biggest one..someone who wants to stream fish, but can't stand up in a small boat.

Edited by tomyv 4/5/2007 3:29 PM
RIPLEY
Posted 4/5/2007 3:31 PM (#249087 - in reply to #248769)

I cannot stand people who are super neat in the boat take a clump of lures five or six and fish.Casting on top of me drives me insane I will move the trolling motor to the back if casting first is so important.Ripley
Jason Bomber
Posted 4/5/2007 4:06 PM (#249092 - in reply to #248769)

Bad attitudes!!!!! Smoke, Drink, dump chex mix on my floor, do whatever you want............Just don't hit me with a bait, and don't ruin my day cause your pissy. Be happy your on the lake, and not at work.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)