Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : < ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Now viewing page 10 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

Frozen
Message Subject: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release
castmaster
Posted 2/4/2009 11:33 AM (#358976 - in reply to #350957)
Subject: RE: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

Yes and then he said..."Without them the stocking program would not be available."

Here I was under the impression that my license dollars and various tax monies went to pay for things like stocking. Wasn't aware it was ALL thanks to tourney anglers.

Shoot in a few more years they'll probably be able to do away with license fees altogether!!

Please dont take my comments for anything other than what they are. I too think Mr Hartmann has done a great job with his events and am really excited to see how this MAC comes off. I think if the digital camera format goes well it wil lbe a giant step forward for live release tournaments!

I'll also say I have no desire to fish tourneys myself, just a personal preference sort of thing....just as I wouldn't want to be a Gigolo. To me some things are better done JUST FOR FUN!!

Edited by castmaster 2/4/2009 11:40 AM
KidDerringer
Posted 2/4/2009 12:07 PM (#358978 - in reply to #350957)
Subject: Re: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

Man Gigolo's never get cut any slack!

Tommy
esoxaddict
Posted 2/4/2009 12:23 PM (#358980 - in reply to #358978)

KidDerringer - 2/4/2009 12:07 PM

Man Gigolo's never get cut any slack!

Tommy

I'm tellin 'ya rook, it just ain't fair is it?? We oughtta have a union or something!
Posted 2/4/2009 12:41 PM (#358982 - in reply to #358976)

Muskie tournaments promote and give back to the sport. You should check into where all the money for stocking comes from and time donated for stocking and research. There are tournament fishermen putting many donated hours on the water working with biologist to help muskie fishing, donating time and money to get kids involved like the kids fishing tournament on vermilion. I would bet that isn't any FUN.

As far as the license fees your funny. You should check to see where that money goes.

And muskie tournaments are FUNNNNNNNNNN.

Posted 2/4/2009 2:46 PM (#359006 - in reply to #350957)

Nothing like a good tournament discusion to bring out the best in the winternet world.
After 10 pages we are still waiting for the information that this thread was about.
I hope that MAC is ready at the Milwaukee show. I was disapointed with the answers that I got at Chicago show.
sworrall
Posted 2/4/2009 3:44 PM (#359022 - in reply to #350957)

The scheduling answers you got at Chicago were what were available at the time due to permitting issues. We COULD have taken a shot at dates that would have been easy to get but conflicted with the WMT or PMTT, but chose to take the high road and avoid those dates if possible.

Whatever information you need can be acquired by emailing the Muskie Anglers Circuit.
Posted 2/4/2009 3:54 PM (#359024 - in reply to #350957)

Like I said before, I emailed MAC and never got a reply..At this point it is what it is and whatever you read here is what you get.
sworrall
Posted 2/4/2009 4:04 PM (#359025 - in reply to #359024)

Perhaps you emailed MAC at the wrong address, or your email didn't go through; I get a copy of the emails sent to the address listed on the website and did not receive one from you.

You may view the PDF of the brochure, and download the MAC rules and entry forms at http://www.muskieanglerscircuit.com, that should get you the info you need.

[email protected]

I just tested the email address, and it works great!

Juhas
Posted 2/4/2009 7:30 PM (#359058 - in reply to #350957)

So are the dates cast in stone for the Vermilion outing? and are you fishing the entire lake?
Chris
sworrall
Posted 2/4/2009 7:47 PM (#359062 - in reply to #350957)

Entire lake. We rescheduled to dates suggested by the fisheries folks up there, so we are very confident the dates for the Vermilion event are good to go.

Posted 2/4/2009 9:57 PM (#359086 - in reply to #359062)

the answer of very confident that the dates for the vermilion tournament are good to go scares me when you were asked if the dates are set in stone.

Are the dates set in stone? I didn't ask the question but would really like to know so I could make a decision on what tournaments to fish.

Thnak You
sworrall
Posted 2/4/2009 10:12 PM (#359087 - in reply to #350957)

'Very confident' means yes.

The Muskie Anglers Circuit email for specific questions, once again, is:
[email protected]

See you there!
Posted 2/5/2009 11:13 AM (#359149 - in reply to #350957)

Have you recieved your permits back for the dates that you requested?

I think this is a better question as far as are the dates set in stone.
Also last time I looked you did not have all of the rules on the site as you have stated. It would be nice if you would get all of the info and have every thing together so some of us can start the planning process for the events that we are going to fish.
I would also like to see more on the contingecy monies form other products not just Tuffy that you have stated that more were on the way.
For the biggest entry fee in the musky trails I would like to see what is bigger and better in MAC.
sworrall
Posted 2/5/2009 11:46 AM (#359155 - in reply to #350957)

http://www.muskieanglerscircuit.com

The rules and entry form are available there. The rules that are not printed there will be specific to each event location and will be covered in the Rules meetings and on the web property.

[email protected]
For more information.

MuskieFIRST will publish press releases and offer general discussion on the Circuit, but specific questions about rules, venue, etc. should be directed to the Muskie Anglers Circuit at the web addresses provided.

'For the biggest entry fee in the musky trails I would like to see what is bigger and better in MAC.'

Higher payoutsand top prizes by a considerable percentage with smaller fields centered in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Total Focus on the Teams and the Team's sponsors, not the Circuit.
Media coverage of the events like nothing seen before in the Muskie world, live webcast virtual weigh in ceremonies run by a Master of Ceremonies with 20 years of experience on stage with the In Fisherman PWT.
Contingencies in $ and product offered by MAC Sponsors
And more..

Posted 2/5/2009 1:53 PM (#359175 - in reply to #350957)

Perhaps it would be helpful if someone in charge at the MAC were willing to answer questions on MuskieFirst and sign their real name.

Also, I would love to be a gigalo!

Hammskie
Posted 2/9/2009 9:15 AM (#359729 - in reply to #359022)

sworrall - 2/4/2009 3:44 PM
We COULD have taken a shot at dates that would have been easy to get but conflicted with the WMT or PMTT, but chose to take the high road and avoid those dates if possible.

Any insight on why the MMTT schedule was not considered?

Andy

Edited by Hammskie 2/9/2009 9:19 AM
Obfuscate Musky
Posted 2/10/2009 9:21 AM (#359923 - in reply to #359729)

Hammskie - 2/9/2009 9:15 AM

We COULD have taken a shot at dates that would have been easy to get but conflicted with the WMT or PMTT, but chose to take the high road and avoid those dates if possible.

Andy

Yeah, the MAC Leech Date is the same as MMTT Mille lacs and the Vermillion Mac date is the same as MMTT Cass/Leech.
esoxaddict
Posted 2/10/2009 10:49 AM (#359930 - in reply to #359923)

Obfuscate Musky - 2/10/2009 9:21 AM

Hammskie - 2/9/2009 9:15 AM

Andy

Yeah, the MAC Leech Date is the same as MMTT Mille lacs and the Vermillion Mac date is the same as MMTT Cass/Leech.

I'd venture to guess that the only way to have no conflicting dates with other tournament circuits would be to hold all the MAC tournaments in January...
Jump to page : < ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Now viewing page 10 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)