Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> God Bless America!!!!

Message Subject: God Bless America!!!!
MuskyPippo
Posted 3/19/2003 9:14 PM (#64292)
Subject: God Bless America!!!!

I am sitting here in my office and turned on Fox News to see we have began our strike on Iraq. All I wanted to say is God Bless America and our troops serving our great country. We can't wait for you to do your job and return home. I just wanted to show my support and say bye bye Saddam! Nobody messes with the US!

-Phil Cali
DUCK
Posted 3/19/2003 9:23 PM (#64293 - in reply to #64292)
Subject: RE: God Bless America!!!!

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wildlineman
Posted 3/19/2003 9:23 PM (#64294 - in reply to #64292)

Pray for our soldiers and God Bless the USA!
Saddam's terroristic regime is coming to an end! HOOAH!
DUCK
Posted 3/19/2003 9:27 PM (#64295 - in reply to #64292)

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST

Edited by DUCK 3/19/2003 9:28 PM
ManitouDan
Posted 3/19/2003 9:35 PM (#64296 - in reply to #64292)

Amen my fellow muskie nuts, Saddam's little game of delay has came to an end.(with NO help from the UN ) Only time will time if we are doing the right thing for sure but I definetly agree with our President. It feels good to make a man of faith at the helm. Take Care God Bless the USA. ManitouDan
lobi
Posted 3/19/2003 11:21 PM (#64304 - in reply to #64292)

Phil, sorry I didn't see your post. I logged on and posted somthing simular. We all are stirred tonite and will hope for the best for our troops.
Anyone notice how many times the word God has been spoken since 9-11 ? More in the last year and a half than a typical decade. It is good I think.
FishingFool
Posted 3/19/2003 11:30 PM (#64305 - in reply to #64292)
Subject: RE: Favorite time to fish?

We must support our troops even if you don't like the reasons why we are at war,it is out of our hands now.I hope all of our troops return to thier homes quickly and safely.God Bless the USA!!!!!
sworrall
Posted 3/20/2003 12:13 AM (#64310 - in reply to #64305)
Subject: RE: Favorite time to fish?

As the Coalition Forces enter Iraq and our air, sea, and land based forces move to eliminate the threat of Iraq's chemical, biological, and other agents, I wish for the best to happen, and very soon.

Both my sons are now out of the Navy, but both have friends fighting in the sand over there. No matter the politics one may have, I would hope our troops come home with a completed mission objective, safe.

I, for one, hope the many many liters of anthrax are found and destroyed before the stuff can be used or ends up in the wrong hands. That stuff has never been accounted for. I wonder how many folks would feel the need to support this madman when that particular bug was floating through the air out by the front door. Anthrax is not a weapon of deterrance, it was designed to kill civilians by the thousands. Look at the absolute mess a couple ounces of the stuff created in a few letters after 9/11. Scary stuff.

I listened to Saddam's address tonight; sheesh what a windbag.

stephendawg
Posted 3/20/2003 5:19 AM (#64311 - in reply to #64292)

God Bless our president! God Bless our troops and their families! God Bless America! Our country is great because of selfless people who serve. May we be humbled by their example and do more to serve one another ourselves.

StephenDawg

theedz155
Posted 3/20/2003 5:33 AM (#64313 - in reply to #64292)

Thank you to all our troops for all you are doing not only for our country but others as well. May you all perform your job as trained, may you all come home safely and may you rid the world of that worthless P.O.S. so that we will not need to go back and do this again.

My flag flies proudly in my cruiser every day. Always will. I am proud to be an American and proud of what Old Glory stands for. Remember all the blood sweat and tears that have been given for that flag so that we all have the freedoms that we have. Thank a vet. Even the piss ant little anti's need to realize that the reason they are able to voice their opinion is because of what the veteran's of our great country have done in the past and will continue to do in the future.

God bless America, her soldiers, her citizens and her freedoms.

Scott

Edited by theedz155 3/20/2003 5:39 AM
Mark H.
Posted 3/20/2003 6:54 AM (#64315 - in reply to #64292)

May God bless our President, our troops/coalition forces, the people of the U.S.A. , and the innocent people held under seige by Hussein over the years.

Too many have forgotten the horror of 9/11 that was brought to this country on our land and have gone back to their self absorbed ways of life. Whatever your political view of this is please show your support for the troops... For it is they who are laying their lives on the line under the heading of "To Protect and Serve".

Keep The Faith....
Trophymuskie
Posted 3/20/2003 7:22 AM (#64317 - in reply to #64292)

May god bless one and all involved in the war againts terrorists. So damn inseine needs to be taken care of soon so to save all the innocent lives.

To all my American friends you must all know that your friends to the north are behind you even tho our Prime Minister is to coward to show his support. We don't have the man power of funds to help in the war but he should have the guts and do what the citizens of this country want and that is to support our closest allies that are the Americans, British and Australiens. The great majority of us support and pray for the troops fighting overseas.

Shep
Posted 3/20/2003 7:40 AM (#64319 - in reply to #64317)

As one of the many veterans, I pray for our troops to perform this mission safely, quickly, and return home to their loved ones. God Bless America, our troops, and President Bush!

Edited by Shep 3/20/2003 9:59 AM
nwild
Posted 3/20/2003 7:49 AM (#64322 - in reply to #64292)

It is time for America to stand tall, stand proud, and support our troops. God help them to a safe and successfully completed objective.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 3/20/2003 8:15 AM (#64326 - in reply to #64322)

ONE NATION UNDER GOD WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.
MuskieE
Posted 3/20/2003 8:33 AM (#64328 - in reply to #64292)

Yes I agreewith paul even if we dont like it lets at least support our troops!Maybe this is an eye opener for everyone.But I know i learned a lesson from it already.
sworrall
Posted 3/20/2003 8:54 AM (#64330 - in reply to #64328)

Shep,

The wind bag is Saddam. I had been on the way home from a seminar, andd they had his taped response on Wisconsin Public radio; intrepeted. He went on for about 20 minutes about 'drawing swords' and 'infidels' and how all Iraq citizens need to bow in his general direction. He mentioned Palestine about 4 times, looking I am sure to start big trouble there.

Shep
Posted 3/20/2003 10:02 AM (#64335 - in reply to #64330)

Steve, Sorry, I didn't understand, or see, that you meant Saddam. I didn't listen to his ramblings, but I can only imagine. Let's hope for a quick resolution to this conflict, liberate Iraq, get our troops safely home, and then get to work on getting rid of the likes of Tom Daschle.
xllund
Posted 3/20/2003 10:26 AM (#64338 - in reply to #64292)

A prayer and a wish is what I have in my heart for the service men and women overseas. I watched the events transpire last night with a very heavy heart. I hope, a sincere hope, that all of our men and women in this action of war are able to use ALL the tools available to them. I wish a swift, direct, course of action so that they all can return to American soil as quickly as possible!

God bless them all!
muskyone
Posted 3/20/2003 10:36 AM (#64341 - in reply to #64292)

I for one am very proud to be an american at this moment. Saddam needs to have his butt kicked. Here's to the liberation on the people of Iraq. You will soon know that you have a great friend in Uncle Sam.
This Muskie Nut is very PROUD of our President, our Country and of its People. I have and will continue to pledge my support for our troops. Give 'em hell over there and I pray that you all come home safe.
NO OUTCOME BUT VICTORY!!!

Edited by muskyone 3/20/2003 10:39 AM
sworrall
Posted 3/20/2003 9:12 PM (#64405 - in reply to #64341)

On the Fox News Wire tonight--France-- 'Thousands demonstrate against war in Iraq' -- "Crowd also destroys McDonald's restaraunt'. --Figures. The French want peace, according to them; demonstrate for peace and then destroy a symbol of a friggin' clown. Brave.  Very Brave. Must have been upset with the freedom fries...

Mark H.
Posted 3/21/2003 7:49 AM (#64412 - in reply to #64292)

I think they all need a field trip to the beaches of Normandy....

Been too many years since the French have had a good reminder of what the USA did for them 45 years ago.

May God's grace be with the families and friends of the 13 Coalition soldiers who paid the ultimate price in the past 24 hours.

divani
Posted 3/21/2003 9:06 AM (#64421 - in reply to #64292)

I can understand why people protest against war. But they all seem to forget one thing: something had to be done, THEY waited 12 years to do it. The weakest argument I heard for not starting this war, was: "The US waited 12 years, what's a little while longer?" I bet they have been saying this for the past 12 years. No one wants to start a war, and many condemn the USA for commencing the attack but guess who will be first in line when Iraq gets split up to make deals, to split the oil, ... that's right: those countries who have now been opposed to the war like the French, the Turkish, ... I say they should have done this a long time ago. I hope all soldiers return home safely and with mission accomplished.

I bet, if saddam has chemical weapons, he won't hesitate to use them if things get hot. It's his head we're talking about here. I hope they find him before he thinks of this!

I think the French do need a field trip to Normandy to be reminded of what the US troops did for Europe back then.

lobi
Posted 3/21/2003 9:30 AM (#64425 - in reply to #64292)

I just heard.." Not having France help us in this war is like a hunter who forgot his accordian"

Also don't forget...

“We will not waver, we will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail.”

(President George W. Bush)

Sponge
Posted 3/21/2003 9:36 AM (#64426 - in reply to #64292)

D

Edited by Sponge 6/26/2007 6:25 AM
Ranger
Posted 3/21/2003 1:42 PM (#64438 - in reply to #64292)

I'm with the Pope on this one. I don't think that any divine entity (God, Allah, etc) will be quick to bless either America or Iraq, Bush or Saddam.

Saddam has always been evil; he's surely responsible for the murder and torture of hundreds of thousands of people. If there is a hell, that's where Saddam is headed. (He's already Lucifer's lover on South Park.)

But I wonder if folks who are so supportive of this war are also aware that the United States greatly helped Saddam in the past. For example, we're the ones (under Reagan) who gave him his first batch of anthrax, back when he was our allie in the conflict with Iran. Then, for years our country shamefully averted our eyes as Saddam murdered tens of thousands of his own people with the weapons the west sold or gave him. Now Saddam is a threat to the security of the USA and the rest of the world and we have to spend hundreds of millions of dollars and many lives to bring him to justice?

Taking out Saddam is the right thing to do, he's an evil bastard for sure. But, let's stop waving our flags for a moment and remember, the world has known Saddam very well for over 25 years, and at times America very actively supported that murderous bastard because it was in our best $$interest$$.

We're not like the Lone Ranger riding in to save the day. More like one mobster knocking off another mobster because the relationship just doesn't pay off like it use to. I imagine that God frowns on these sorts of situations.
rpieske
Posted 3/21/2003 3:17 PM (#64443 - in reply to #64292)

There is some merit to what you say, Ranger. But who in this world other than the US has done anything about this guy except the US and the UK. I didn't recall every hearing that the US gave Saddam anthrax. It may be, but that is the first time I have heard it. As for the mobster analogy...a little far out for me. We may not be the Lone Ranger going to the rescue, but we certainly have a new sheriff in town who says what he means and does what he says. I will accept that the President and his staff have access to far more information than the news media and the public. I will continue to believe that the president is acting on his best assessment of the dangers involved to the USA. If he was doing this for political reasons he must be determined to have only one term. I don't object to demonstrations against the war. I served for 9 years in the Marine Corps helping to preserve that very right. But when peaceful protest changes to violent demonstration, it needs to be curtailed.
Ranger
Posted 3/21/2003 4:21 PM (#64446 - in reply to #64443)

Thank you very much for an objective and polite response. I also respect your views as well as those of other members/friends on the board. And I hope we get Saddam soon, he's sure got it coming.
7Islands
Posted 3/21/2003 6:45 PM (#64460 - in reply to #64292)

I have no idea what God thinks of the action taken by America and the over forty nations involved in the coalition to liberate Iraq.Maybe you and the Pope do.I do know that world is and has been a complicated and dangerous place. Geopolitical alliances change for many factors. Its true we once supported Hussein when we felt the threat from his then enemy Iran was the greater evil.Hussein. At that time Hussien ( who asumed power in 1979) expressed a different philosophy toward the western world and the Iraqui People.Instead of likening this country and its President to gangsters you might want to remember the many countries,including most recently,Afganistan that we have liberated and freed from the dark ages of tyrannical goverments. That is why you see the former Soviet block ensalved States such as Poland, Estonia, Bugara, etc as strong members of the coalition. We are not now , nor have we ever been a perfect Country.Your Characterization of it as a Rogue or Gangster nation is unfair ,untrue, simplistic, biased,and uncalled for. Further If you meant that gangster label to apply only to President Bush that also is nonsense and probably politically based on your part.We will very shortly complete the Liberation of this country from a madman.The Pope will continue to protect Child abusers from justice ( Im a Catholic ) while making pronouncements that America is injuring the innocent.I support This Country fully in the invasion of Iraq and further support the decisions made by a courageous President.
Lone Stone
Posted 3/21/2003 7:56 PM (#64469 - in reply to #64292)

I wasn't going to read this thread, but just had too.  Thanks to everyone who supports our troops and thank you to our people overseas fighting for freedom right now.  I know that not everyone thinks our country is doing the right thing, but that doesn't matter now.  We have people overseas fighting and here we are with people in our country still protesting.   This isn't going to stop it now, so why don't they direct their energy elsewhere.  Why not start supporting the people that are there instead of  protesting here, because it still comes down to the individuals that come together as one overseas to represent our country the best they can, and they are not coming home until the mission is complete.  I, by the way support OUR PRESIDENT 110%.  I wish this could have been finished the first time we were over there fighting in Desert Storm, but for multiple reasons, it wasn't, so let's pray that our soldiers get to finish it this time and get back home as quickly and safely as possible.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)