Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Okuma - Prove You Want a Reel Contest II

Frozen
Message Subject: Okuma - Prove You Want a Reel Contest II
Slamr
Posted 3/16/2011 1:02 PM (#487373)
Subject: Okuma - Prove You Want a Reel Contest II

To celebrate the recent launch of the re-engineered Isis model reels, Okuma has donated an Isis 400 (either right or left handed reel) which we will be sending the winner of this simple simple contest!

Very simple contest rules, but you have to do all parts of the contest entry to be considered.

a. Post WHY YOU think you deserve to win. Be it a one word explanation, or a thesis on your own personal virtues, convince the judges (Mark Rogers and myself) of why you should win. Convince us.

b. Post how if you win you will use your new reel to help the world.

c. You must post a picture of a fisherman or woman, wearing Okuma Fishing bling and holding a fish. That might be a hat, a shirt, etc. The picture can ONLY be entered once....meaning that if you find a pic, but someone has already posted said pic, you need to find a new one. Photo-shopped pics also accepted.

Yes, there is much vaguery and ambiguity in the above rules, but this is by design. If you want to win, be creative!

Contest starts at 1:05PM CST on 3/16/2011 and runs til Wednesday 3/23/2011 at 5PM CST.

One last word of advice that can convince the judges: leave your pride at the door.

Good luck!

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(logo.gif)

(Isis 400.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments logo.gif (3KB - 162 downloads)
Attachments Isis 400.jpg (97KB - 159 downloads)
LOTWbeachbum
Posted 3/16/2011 1:48 PM (#487382 - in reply to #487373)
Subject: RE: Okuma - Prove You Want a Reel Contest II

a.) Frankly, I deserve to win the new Okuma Isis 400 reel this time around because I am currently in the doghouse at home. This past weekend I took an annual trek to the Brainerd Lakes area to attend a local Sportsman's Banquet where I ONCE AGAIN spent a boatload of money and ONCE AGAIN came home empty handed.
No question that the evening included a great meal and was spent in the company of friends. I know the proceeds go to a just and worthy cause. However, returning home without anything to show for my "Donation" was hard to explain to the missus.
I've got a good wife. She tolerates most of my intricacies and the things that make me "special". But by and by it's getting harder for her to support my addiction.
In all seriousness, I love my wife very much and she's even getting me to change my "Cheapskate ways".
The truth is - I burnt out my Abu Garcia at the end of last year. It scares the pee out of my fishing partner every time I whip that BullDawg out there and my reel unexpectedly squawks like the amplified sounds of one of those palm buzzers from days of old. I'm too cheap to fix it and need a replacement....asking my wife for the dough to buy a new reel after my "donation" last weekend would be like signing my own death warrant.

b.) "I would use the reel as my vehicle to help the free world by praising it's virtues to every fisherman I meet on the water next year. On top of that, I will see the winning email as a sign that I should dedicate more of my time to helping others and would immediately surrender my next paycheck to a deserving local charity." - Uhhhhhh.... wait a dag gum second...... I'm babbling like one of those pageant ladies and no one here wants to see me move onto the swimsuit round.... let me get to the point.... using a reel to help the world?.... hmmmmm.... I believe one good turn deserves another and if I am lucky enough to win, I will continue the cycle of giving and will donate my time and money back to the Sportsman's Banquet again next year....regardless of the repercussions I may feel from my wife.
Then I'll ask her if I can wear the pants for a while.

(Okuma.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Okuma.jpg (42KB - 165 downloads)
JimtenHaaf
Posted 3/16/2011 2:20 PM (#487386 - in reply to #487373)

A- I think I deserve to win because I need a new reel to give to my new 6 year old muskie hunter. My little guy started practicing with a baitcaster out in the front yard once the snow melted, and now he's begging me for one of his own.

B- If I win this reel, It will help me to change the world. This extra reel will mean more line I have to buy. So at the end of each season when I strip off the old line, it's more line to make nets with. With these nets, I will single-handedly try to keep the Asian Carp out of the Great Lakes.

C-

Edited by JimtenHaaf 3/16/2011 2:25 PM

(okumapic.bmp)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments okumapic.bmp (161KB - 175 downloads)
cband
Posted 3/16/2011 2:56 PM (#487390 - in reply to #487373)

A. I currently have a reel less Okuma EVX XH 9'3" sitting at home. I had preliminarily narrowed down my reel search to a Calcutta TE or Revo Toro and had not really considered the Isis or Cedros. I do have an Induron and several Convector trolling reels, and was not considering an Okuma even though Okuma has always treated me well with their customer service. By winning this reel, it will keep me part of the Okuma family and pair nicely with my Okuma Rod.

B. I would help the world out by continuing to wear my Okuma visor letting everyone know that they need to buy Okuma products. Once they buy one, they will be happy, thus making the world a better place.

C A pic of myself.

(RV1.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments RV1.JPG (49KB - 172 downloads)
esoxaddict
Posted 3/16/2011 3:46 PM (#487394 - in reply to #487373)

I believe I deserve to win, because I suck at fishing, and therefore break a lot of reels. Should I win this reel, I will help the world by giving it to my girlfriend to use on her new muskie rod. (She is far more gentle on her gear, being a woman and all, and it will likely serve her well for many years to come.) How does that help the world? This will make her very happy. When she is happy, I am happy. When I am happy, I do not post angry comments to guest posters and others on MuskieFIRST, which I think we all can agree would be a tremendous benefit to the muskie community at large!

For my picture? Well, I wanted to post a picture of a pretty girl, but Samantha doesn't like it when I look at pictures of pretty girls. So instead, here is our very own Slamr, holding a fish, and clearly decked out in Okuma gear.

(Slamr.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Slamr.jpg (24KB - 177 downloads)
Madhatter
Posted 3/16/2011 3:52 PM (#487395 - in reply to #487373)

Each of the past two summers I have been lucky enough to be invited along to join my girlfriend and her family on their vacation to Wabigoon Lake near the town of Dryden, Ontario. The first year I did not know what to expect so I came along with some tackle and rods borrowed from my father, as I did not have much to call my own... We had a great time and I learned a great deal, mainly about walleye fishing. Over the ensuing fall and winter for both my birthday and Christmas, I asked for and received some gear to call my own. During that first summer, I had also met someone their family had known for years who had been going to the same camp as them for a long time, his name was Kevin Nash, and no this was not the seven-foot tall former pro wrestler. Kevin was a professional Musky fisherman. The first summer I was a bit shy, unsure in my hands, I didn’t even know how to use a bait-casting reel. Needless to say, I was intimidated by the prospect of musky fishing.

During this second fall, winter, spring progression I again worked on building a fishing tackle collection, this time I focused into some musky gear as well so that I would be able to hunt these big fish the next summer. I was enthralled by the idea of chasing after these monsters of the lake. I educated my thumb on how to control the speed of a spool as to avoid overcasting (aka backlash) and began reading up on strategies of how to hook these elusive fish.

This second summer I returned again to Wabigoon Lake with my girlfriend and her family. Again, we spend the majority of our time jigging for walleye’s. I made a major change though, one evening I talked with Kevin about spending a day with him in his Tuffy learning how to cast for Muskies. The next day we headed out separate from my girlfriend and her family to comb the lake for Muskies.

It was a long day spent working the weed lines twitching crank bates; I was told this was the only thing that was even getting a fish to move all week. We work many different areas on the lake mainly working feeding flats. It was getting late in the afternoon, so far we had only seen one fish, Kevin had hooked into about a 30” northern, which we released. All of a sudden on one of the feeding flats that was full weed clumps, which we were working, I felt my line get heavy, really heavy. It was different from being snagged on the weeds. Knowing that this might be my first chance but still uncertain I pull back hard on my rod to set the hook. Less than a minute later of steady reeling and listening to Kevin yelling, “Keep your tip down” and “keep a bend in your rod,” we had my first musky in his net.

This all happened so quick, I felt my line get heavy and then here I was holding my first musky getting my picture taken. Needless to say, I was hooked, just like that fish. I have spent many hours trying to learn more about musky fishing as to make that magical moment of taming such a primal beast occur again. That was my one and only Muskie and I am hoping that I can add to that number this upcoming season. With your help, I am hoping that I could shorten the time until I get another chance to breathe in that smell that uniquely is a Muskie.
Being a college student still in graduate school money is tight and I have to find places where I can save so that I will have a little extra money to invest in my new endeavor. I have found that sometime I have a little extra money left over at the end of the month from my stipend is put into my fishing fund. I have been working towards building a decent equipment collection but it is hard when funds are so tight. Having a great reel is one of the foundations necessary for success and winning this contest would put me on the right path towards my next musky photo opportunity.
As a future science teacher I hope on having photos from my adventures and include these stories when they are related to the subjects we are studying. Torque on the handle of the reel in physics, water chemistry and dissolved oxygen content, the food chain and even search image in ecology/animal behavior are just a few potential examples. By using these related topics and connecting them back to the environment, I hope to instill in my future students how they can use some of these items in their own lives and how important our environment is. I want my students to understand how closely our own lives and what we do is tied to everything else; creating an interest in my students to help conserve what natural resources, we do have and replenishing those which we have exhausted.
The picture below is my first ever musky, which was referenced above.

(Okuma.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Okuma.gif (143KB - 162 downloads)
Sharptooth
Posted 3/16/2011 5:57 PM (#487417 - in reply to #487373)

(A) Last year while striper fishing in one of my home rivers here in WV, I accidently hooked into an upper 40's Musky. Although she got off before I got her landed, I became hooked on these majestic fish. Then and still to this day I eat, sleep, and breathe Muskie. I read every article, and this forum just trying to soak in as much knowledge about these mysterious fish that I possibly can. I read biology reports and watch videos just trying to learn their habits and how they catch their food.
My wife now believes that I have obsessive compulsive disorder because I spend every awake moment with my eyes glued to the computer or magazine studying the esox. I was in a motorcycle accident in 2005 and spent a year in a wheelchair. I have recovered really well but still unable to work. I believe the muskie addiction was what God gave me to keep from going insane. Being on a fixed income (disability) it makes it quite hard to get the gear that I need to pursue this worthy opponent. As of right now I have a Bass Pro baitcaster that I am using. I know its days are numbered because it wasnt built to do what I put it through. It seems everytime I get a little money saved for my 'Musky Fund' another doctor bill pops up or something. Having the new Okuma reel would absolutely make me the happiest musky hunter in the east.

(B) If I should happen to win the new Okuma real, I am sure that it would help me fulfill my dream of becoming a professional Muskie Angler. Upon accomplishing this I would definatly have my very own television series and hopefully have Okuma as a sponser. As my ratings begin to skyrocket, I would give seminars and have many special promotions in which I would donate all the money recieved to organizations who try to find a cure for breast cancer (which took my mother and grandmother from me). I would call it 'Casting for a Cure'. With this money they recieve maybe, just maybe a cure will be found for this horrible disease. That inturn would definatly help this crazy world we live in.

(C)

Edited by Sharptooth 3/16/2011 6:01 PM

(Okuma pic.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Okuma pic.jpg (63KB - 170 downloads)
LonLB
Posted 3/16/2011 6:04 PM (#487418 - in reply to #487373)

A) I don't deserve it. But I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to upgrade a few reels, and even try other reels new to me but I don't have the budget. After spending TEN years in the boating industry, the company I worked for went out of business. Assets were sold, and shipped to the S.E.

There are certainly more important things and life, than Musky fishing, but between my wife and I we are able to take care of our family just fine. And I'll be able to do some local Musky Fishing. It does put a crimp on "extras" though. Including buying new tackle.

Tonight I start a new garbage job, that pays less than unemployment. I can't be on unemployment forever, and I feel like I need to work. Plus being a 3rd shift job, I will have the ability to shop around WHILE working.

So in Summary I don't deserve it but would appreciate it and use it very much.

B) I may not change the world but I will do positive things with it. Like patching up and reconnecting with a couple of extended family members. Folks I fished with when I was younger. Also, I'll use it while getting my brother back into Musky fishing. Some of the best times of my life were fishing with my father and brother chasing Muskies. My father passed away last year, and I know the one thing he wanted more than anything was for my brother and I to stay close no matter how old we were. Musky fishing together will be a perfect way to do that!

C)

Edited by LonLB 3/16/2011 6:11 PM

(TFFOkumaAvatar.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments TFFOkumaAvatar.jpg (9KB - 160 downloads)
ski' patrol
Posted 3/16/2011 9:35 PM (#487457 - in reply to #487373)

Well I just purchased a new Okuma 8'6" XXH extendable rod last weekend and it is sitting there waiting for a new reel. I was planning on hooking it up with a new 400B just because I am having a hard time going back to an Okuma reel. A couple of years ago I bought an Induron 400 which was great for almost the first season and then the pinion gears started going. Well now it is a back up reel to a back up because the gears seem to be stripping quite regularly. But thanks to the superior customer service that Okuma provides I am well stocked on the gears for the reel. I would be happy to give an Okuma reel another chance as I'm totally sold on there rods for the value,sturdiness, and quality and it would help the world by everyone not having to listen to me cuss about the gears going bad in the middle of fighting a fish.

(muskyokuma.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments muskyokuma.jpg (46KB - 165 downloads)
jranderson
Posted 3/17/2011 6:53 AM (#487477 - in reply to #487373)

A. I deserve to win this reel because nobody will use it as much as I will. I just got into Muskies in August of 2010 and I am hooked. I think I probably have 200+ hours on my 400B. Now what would happen if I am up at the BIG V and I blow a pinion gear with no extras and no backup set up. BAD THINGS WOULD HAPPEN!

B. Winning this reel would help me change the world by breaking Louis Spray's long standing record and put all the controversy to rest once and for all!

(okuma.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments okuma.jpg (46KB - 173 downloads)
Sam Ubl
Posted 3/17/2011 8:18 AM (#487482 - in reply to #487373)

a) I'll prove it's sea worthy!

b) With my new and improved Isis, I'll help the world by proving that while Scott Walker may take jobs and benefits from the working middle class, he can't take away the musky fisherman's most valuable asset, top of the line fishing equipment!

Edited by Sam Ubl 3/17/2011 8:22 AM

(Sam's rendition.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Sam's rendition.JPG (43KB - 166 downloads)
Slamr
Posted 3/17/2011 8:21 AM (#487483 - in reply to #487482)

Sam Ubl - 3/17/2011 8:18 AM

a) I'll prove it's worthiness!

b) With my new and improved Isis, I'll help the world by proving that while Scott Walker may take jobs and benefits from the working middle class, he can't take away the musky fisherman's most valuable asset, top of the line fishing equipment!

Sweet, our first DQ:

c. You must post a picture of a fisherman or woman, wearing Okuma Fishing bling and holding a fish. That might be a hat, a shirt, etc. The picture can ONLY be entered once....meaning that if you find a pic, but someone has already posted said pic, you need to find a new one. Photo-shopped pics also accepted.

I see no fish in your pic.
Sam Ubl
Posted 3/17/2011 8:22 AM (#487484 - in reply to #487373)
Subject: Re: Okuma - Prove You Want a Reel Contest II

Sorry, he has an Okuma tatoo... thought that would count as bling - you said be creative.?.?
Rich D
Posted 3/17/2011 8:22 AM (#487485 - in reply to #487373)

A. I think I deserve to win this reel because I never win anything! I'm like "The Mush" from "A Bronx Tale"...

B. I'll give this reel to my father. He's using a $30 generic reel for muskie. If he hooked one, the reel would fall apart? What better way to change the world than by giving of oneself?

c

(okuma walleye.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments okuma walleye.jpg (60KB - 163 downloads)
Slamr
Posted 3/17/2011 8:26 AM (#487487 - in reply to #487484)

Sam Ubl - 3/17/2011 8:22 AM

Sorry, he has an Okuma tatoo... thought that would count as bling - you said be creative.?.?

Stll, no fish.
Sam Ubl
Posted 3/17/2011 8:27 AM (#487489 - in reply to #487483)

"Still, no fish."

So... How about the edited version? I'm trying!

Edited by Sam Ubl 3/17/2011 8:31 AM
Slamr
Posted 3/17/2011 8:45 AM (#487492 - in reply to #487489)

Sam Ubl - 3/17/2011 8:27 AM

"Still, no fish."

So... How about the edited version? I'm trying!

Your pic is a DQ, your verbal explanation is a POS. You've got work to do.
Will Schultz
Posted 3/17/2011 8:45 AM (#487493 - in reply to #487373)

As a young lad my favorite superhero was Isis. Not because she had the powers of the Egyptian goddess or that she was so HOT! Instead it was because she caught THREE world record muskies in her day. Though disputed the last of these records still stands as the all tackle world record (see photo below that has yet to be sent for photogeometry evaluation).

As the winner of this reel I will set out on my own attempt to dethrone the records of the goddess with the reel that bears her name. Lastly... Knibb High football rules!

Edited by Will Schultz 3/17/2011 8:52 AM
Hammskie
Posted 3/17/2011 8:46 AM (#487494 - in reply to #487373)

Why I deserve to win:
Creativity

How I will help the world with my new reel:
Every fish caught on it will be released

The fish is under his hat!!!

(bornToFish.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments bornToFish.jpg (130KB - 160 downloads)
catchandrelease
Posted 3/17/2011 9:16 AM (#487499 - in reply to #487373)

I need a new Okuma reel for this season because my wife says if I watch anymore Kevin Bacon, I might actually turn into Kevin Bacon.

(bacon.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments bacon.jpg (12KB - 163 downloads)
Sam Ubl
Posted 3/17/2011 9:19 AM (#487501 - in reply to #487492)

a) I'll prove it's sea worthy!

b) I won't pirate my boat partners world record follow, but I'll assist with a, "Yarrr, thar she be!!" The whole world will hear it... and to think, he/she will have caught it on my new Isis I loaned 'em!

Edited by Sam Ubl 3/17/2011 9:25 AM

(Sam's rendition.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Sam's rendition.JPG (44KB - 163 downloads)
giroux
Posted 3/17/2011 11:05 PM (#487632 - in reply to #487373)

WINNER

Edited by giroux 3/17/2011 11:09 PM

(Charlie_Sheen.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Charlie_Sheen.jpg (37KB - 155 downloads)
Musky Punch
Posted 3/18/2011 1:22 AM (#487640 - in reply to #487373)

a) I got a fevaaa and the only prescription is mooore musky!! I would truly love to have this reel! When I first got into musky fishing, I bought an Okuma Induron and love the product. As a soon-to-be college graduate about to enter the working world, I will be trying to fish as much as possible in my free time and without much money this presents a problem: GEAR! With this reel, I will be able to still fish and chuck around some big lures which hopefully means bigger fish. At the same time, I can use the money I would need to buy this reel in order to pay back the immense school loans I owe! Wow, that sounds fantastic!

b)Every time I am able to get out on the water, it’s a mini vacation. I understand there are a lot of people that have the same feeling as me, and some of them are big time musky hunters. I always enjoy speaking to them at the launch and giving tips or information. One thing they always ask is what I was/am using… I typically mention lures or colors, but I will start saying how I can’t forget about my Okuma Isis 400! Promoting a great company with numerous products that continue to impress me will only result in more sells for Okuma. If anyone is ever stuck in the snow or mud, and there’s no way out.. I will use the Isis 400 as a winch and help ‘em out. It’s the least I can do!

c)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Musky Punch 3/18/2011 1:31 AM

(OKUMA CONTEST.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments OKUMA CONTEST.jpg (246KB - 158 downloads)
MACONE
Posted 3/18/2011 6:01 AM (#487646 - in reply to #487373)

A) Well to tell you the truth I simply don’t have one, would I like to have one oh yes PLEASE !!!, when I was small fella my dad would take me fishing up to the Portage river in Oak Harbor , Ohio to catch white bass, dad final saved enough money to buy himself a Mitchell 300 and i would get the hand me down Junker reel, waders with the holes in them, and some leftover spinners and doll fly’s the adults did not want, I said to myself when I grow up I'm going to buy me new Mitchell 300 and I did, well know I’m in the same boat all my buddy have nice musky rods and reels, and I'm still fishing with junk, one of these day I will have me nice musky rod and reel.
B) I will give one of my rods and reels to some kid that needs it in the community, I help my boss every year at “Fishing For Friends” in Hamilton , Ohio, this where we take mentally handicapped people fishing for a day, and I’m sure one them can use my old rod and reel.

(reel 3.PNG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments reel 3.PNG (188KB - 198 downloads)
adamsnez
Posted 3/18/2011 1:03 PM (#487729 - in reply to #487373)
Subject: !!!!!!!!!!

I never should have read this thread...
No, wait..I never should have showed my girlfriend (my fishing partner / life partner) this thread.

We've all heard the saying, "desperate times call for desperate measures".

It happened in the movie "Alive" where they almost starve to death, so resulted to cannablism.
I'm sure it's happened in ALL your boats at one point or another; where you couldn't even catch a cold on a windy+rainy day (yet alone any fish!) so you throw every lure you have, even a MacGyvered bucktail you so cleverly made from a coat hanger, two spoons (approximately "size10 blade") and that old toupee sitting in your closet you never wear after everyone laughed the first time you wore it, HOPING a muskie will go for it since it's never seen such a 'creation'...or lack there of. (nice run on sentence there, thanks to the power of the 'comma')
And now it's happening to me.
I'm left with no other option but to plead my case and helplessly [yet shamelessly....save pride] beg, and i mean BEG to win this contest.

In short, my girlfriend needs new gear. She just can't take the little shots I give her about her less-than-stellar gear anymore. All in good fun, but I think it's breaking her a bit every time I let words fly. Months of payback on her behalf, all channeled towards this contest. Her exact words? "Win me that reel, or it's the dog house for you, mister! I don't care what you have to do to win. Prove to me I'm worth it."

Okuma, Slamr, and Mr. Rogers, you don't personally know me, but put yourself in my shoes.
I would like to take this opportunity to quote the famous poem by Robert Frost, "The Road Not Taken" (link below)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_Not_Taken_%28poem%29

For those unfamiliar with this poem, it starts off
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood."
(enter Slamr and Mr. Rogers)
The aforementioned 'yellow wood' is essentially synonymous to MuskieFirst in the sense they both offer a place we fellow muskie hunters seek refuge, and peace in going to, for whatever reason that may be.
Now, Slamr, Mr. Rogers, you're at the fork in the path. One route triumphantly glows "winner", the other "better luck next time."
The future with my girlfriend remains rockier than many Lac Seul drop-off points. Well, at least until I have received (assuming I do. One must never doubt themselves to prevail in a world so longing to watch us fail.) the Isis400 for my girl (bless her evil heart).

How will this reel help the world? Indirectly, yet evidently so. I will still be with my girlfriend (once again, my fishing partner!) who I love to no-limits. I will have accomplished what every male tries to when courting a mate; showing her that I AM the alpha-male and will prevail when faced with any challenge in life.
/queue chest pound action like a gorilla.
I will not have sunk into that deep depression of having 'failure' loom over my head any time in her presence. There are too many people in my life who care for me for that to happen. I'm a happy-go-lucky go, please don't take that away from me.
Fishing related? Possibly sell a few extra units for Okuma as well.
/while fishing, "Hey bro, check out this sweet reel. Check out the gearing on this baby. Pretty slick eh? Go pick one up." Shameless promotion by your street-team a la me (or water-team?).

As for the required pic, thank you bloody-decks member for helping me win the Isis400. Gratitude sent in advance to you, and the judges. TIGHT LINES!

Edited by adamsnez 3/18/2011 1:05 PM

(okuma.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments okuma.jpg (38KB - 153 downloads)
big gun
Posted 3/18/2011 1:14 PM (#487732 - in reply to #487373)

A. Simple, I fish with a lot of folks including those that are looking for new reels. I will endorse your product and make you a fistful of cash. Isn't that what really what motivates all of us CAAASH or free stuff.
B. I will use the reel to fish tournaments and make money. I will then make charitable donations to make the world a better place and possibly save me some money come April.
C. A picture of me of course:

(43 george.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 43 george.jpg (45KB - 145 downloads)
muskyhunter63
Posted 3/18/2011 9:22 PM (#487797 - in reply to #487373)

a. I deserve to win the Okuma Isis 400 reel because I will match it with my new Okuma EVX 9'3" XH rod. This rod and reel will be used by one of several of my friends that I promised to introduce to musky fishing this summer. My friends ,who mostly fish panfish and trout here in southwest Wisconsin have commented about the musky pics I have on my office wall at work. I have pointed out that one of my favorite pics (not counting the one's of my kids with their fish) is the picture of my friend, who no longer works with me, with his first musky on his first trip out with me. The smile on his face is priceless! This is the same guy who stated if he ever caught a legal musky, he would bonk it on the head and eat it. After he caught his fish with me, he put it back in the water and watched it swim away. He then told me he could not believe he did that but now understood why I put my fish back, and why his will all go back as well. Anyway, I tell my friends at work that they too can have their picture up on my wall with their fish and their huge smile.

b. If I win the reel, how will I help the world? See a. above! If I can convert these guys to the musky fishing lifestyle, think of how much better the world would be. They would be buying musky fishing gear which would help stimulate our economy, they would be healthier because they would be out pounding the water instead of sitting around getting fat, they would, I am sure, introduce their children and friends to musky fishing which would make the world a better place because if you think about it, wouldn't it be better if we were all out enjoying ourselves musky fishing instead of being involved in wars, politics, etc. Let's all just get out and fish.

c. I hope I can get this picture on here.

Edited by muskyhunter63 3/18/2011 9:28 PM

(DSC01146.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC01146.JPG (142KB - 149 downloads)
Jim Munday
Posted 3/19/2011 11:07 AM (#487845 - in reply to #487797)

Well there’s no gain in giving a reel like this to just an “ordinary” guy. It needs to go to somebody who reflects the ultra high standards of Okuma. I might just be that guy…
I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I write award-winning operas, and I manage time efficiently. I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding.
Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy eveningwear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations with the CIA.
I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prize-winning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. But I don’t have an Okuma reel…
With an Okuma reel in my hands I could bring changes to the world that great leaders of the past have failed to accomplish. I could set new standards for all records---from deep sea monster acquisitions, to fishing up cures for many of today’s most ailing diseases. My colorful, but boring-by-comparison past epics will pale against the tales yet to be written…as owner of an Okuma reel.

(fishing_hero_Logos.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments fishing_hero_Logos.gif (4KB - 158 downloads)
ghoti
Posted 3/19/2011 8:10 PM (#487900 - in reply to #487373)

I deserve to win! I don't need another reel, I have too many already (just ask my wife). It's free, therefore I deserve it. It's new, therefore I deserve it. Entitlement, therefore I deserve it.

When I win it, I will donate it to the Operation Muskie auction to thank a vet for their service to our country.

(100_0066 (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_0066 (Small).JPG (73KB - 155 downloads)
newmuskyz
Posted 3/21/2011 4:31 PM (#488116 - in reply to #487373)

Why I deserve to win this reel...
well, between me and my fishing partners- we have this past year wrecked 2 boats, one going off a bank in a neighborhood almost 100 yards on its own- as the neighbors gathered to watch our stupidity unfold in the manner of "a good show"....and a large gathering too...we got the boat up out of the creek but to our dismay destroyed the trailer jack so now his boat rests on an old stump in the driveway. BUT- we still fished that day, I say again we still fished that day! We have also broken 7 rods since December, doing our local rodsmith a favor or seven....Not only that but we have spent huge amounts of $ on lures recently, but no $ on a good jack for the trailer. We only believe in the bare necessities!

How would me getting this reel help the world...
Simple. Good reel equals more fishing time for me, which in turn equals more shopping time for our wives which most likely will COMPLETELY solve the worlds economical problems as there is no doubt whatsoever it will be on our credit cards upon them returning from shopping! hahahahaha! hope she doesn't see this!

here's my favorite pic talk about teeth....technically he is "holding" this fish/beast yeeeaa!!

Edited by newmuskyz 3/21/2011 4:55 PM

(full size okuma shark.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments full size okuma shark.jpg (11KB - 148 downloads)
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)