Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

Frozen
Message Subject: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release
MuskieFIRST
Posted 12/22/2008 7:12 PM (#350957)
Subject: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/articles/12.22.2008/1908/Muskie.Ang...
lambeau
Posted 12/22/2008 8:19 PM (#350970 - in reply to #350957)
Subject: Re: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

cool.
any indication on when we can hope to get event details? (where, when, etc.)
Muskie Anglers Trail
Posted 12/22/2008 8:54 PM (#350975 - in reply to #350970)

The necessary permits will be in process this week. A schedule will be available as soon as is possible. One event in June, one in July, one in August, and one in September are planned.

Two events in Wisconsin, and two in Minnesota.
Shep
Posted 12/23/2008 8:08 AM (#351018 - in reply to #350975)

Who is behind the MAC? What differentiates your circuit from the other two or three circuits out there now?
Muskie Anglers C.
Posted 12/23/2008 8:35 AM (#351022 - in reply to #351018)

The Muskie Anglers Circuit was founded by principals at Fiberdome, Inc. working with several promotional partners. OutdoorsFIRST was chosen to perform onsite Media operations, handle Public Relations, and will be developing the Muskie Anglers Circuit website.

Master Of Ceremonies top candidate at this time is Jim Kalkofen, well known as a Fishing Hall Of Famer for his efforts working with organizations in the Walleye World very similar to the Muskie Anglers Circuit promoting and forwarding the sport of competitive angling.

A Can/AM Challenge is in the works as well, operating as a cooperative effort between the Muskie Anglers Circuit and Canadian interests and businesses.

As Promotional Partners join with us, we will be announcing contingencies and awards offered by them to teams using the products in sanctioned events.

The recent press release covers many of the new and innovative concepts the Muskie Anglers Circuit will implement. Expect many more!

The payouts more aggressive than those offered to date from any circuit, and as Partners join us, will increase from current levels through contingencies. Tuffy Boats will offer considerable contingency money to the top finishing Tuffy owner, for example, and the Muskie Anglers Circuit is working with other boat builders and business to add even more value for the competitive muskie angler.
Shep
Posted 12/23/2008 9:17 AM (#351031 - in reply to #351022)

Immediate release is mentioned. Judge boat format? Or CRR(Catch, Record, and Release)? Good to see JK back in the mix. Brings some credibility to this cricuit right off the bat.

Can/Am sounds like fun. Be interesting on a body of water like Lac Suel, or Eagle, or LOTW.
Muskie Anglers C.
Posted 12/23/2008 9:31 AM (#351034 - in reply to #351031)

Immediate release, CPR. Bump boards will be provided for each team each day. No judge boats, immediate release.
Shep
Posted 12/23/2008 10:17 AM (#351042 - in reply to #351034)

Camera's provided for recording the bumpboard measurements? Like AIM is doing in their new Walleye Tour?
Muskie Anglers C.
Posted 12/23/2008 11:05 AM (#351049 - in reply to #351042)

Cameras will be required, and bump board provided. Anglers will shoot two clear images of the fish on the board and photos of the immediately release.
muskysucker1
Posted 12/23/2008 11:56 AM (#351057 - in reply to #350957)

So I guess the 150% pay out was internet hype. If there is 120 boats at 750 ea thats 90000
Sunfish
Posted 12/23/2008 12:12 PM (#351059 - in reply to #351057)

Read the first page of the Tournaments 09 thread. I think I posted top prize would be about 30K with 120 boats and it is.

There's an angler of the Year race in those payouts too. Up to $24 K, it says.
Contingencies can boost the payout quite a bit. Look at FLW Tour. Win without the contingencies, 60 thousand, win with, up to 100 thousand. Have to wait and see what comes along there.

run n gun
Posted 12/23/2008 3:01 PM (#351185 - in reply to #350957)
Subject: RE: Muskie Anglers Circuit press release

I think the news is great!
Great news for tournament anglers!
Thanks to all that put the time and effort to coordinate and create this opportunity for all of us.
I can already see renewed vigor with the PMTT (which I love to participate in) in their communication. Competition will make all of the tours better.
Can't wait to see all the details.
Well done MAC!

Joe
50inchGrinch
Posted 12/23/2008 8:45 PM (#351257 - in reply to #350957)

Exciting stuff!

Can't wait to hear more details on the Can-Am Tourney. It will be great to meet and fish against guys from the boards and some names that are the best in the business! It opens a world of opportunity for some very talented Canadian Musky fishermen. I know a few that will be participating and you won't be disappointed.

Not only will registered fish be big and plentiful, but the settings of the Canadian Sheild (if it's in the sheild) will make this tourney a very unique experience.

We can't wait to have you guys up here for what will be a truely awesome weekend!

See ya out there,
Darcy Cox
Chicago Guest
Posted 12/25/2008 11:59 AM (#351457 - in reply to #350957)

MAC; What is the booth number for the Tri-Esox Show? Looking forward to discussing all the complete details. I assume brochures and applications will be available at the show. Is there any additional incentives for fishing all "4" tournaments?
lambeau
Posted 12/25/2008 7:41 PM (#351503 - in reply to #350957)

Any idea when we'll get info on dates and locations?
now is the time when we start planning vacations days, etc...
Muskie Anglers C.
Posted 12/25/2008 8:21 PM (#351508 - in reply to #351503)

A schedule will be available when permitting is complete. A tentative schedule will be ready by the Tri Esox Chicago.
SpencerBerman
Posted 12/26/2008 2:45 AM (#351555 - in reply to #350957)

The concepts that the MAC will be bringing to the musky world are not only refreshing but should help to improve the sport for everyone. I look forward to having the opportunity to fish on the Musky Anglers Circuit next year.
Fin-Addict
Posted 12/26/2008 10:05 AM (#351583 - in reply to #350957)

What an exciting turn of events given the dismal economic enviroment in which we find ourselves mired and an omnipresent negative-mindedness that seems to prevade and stifel most all such talk of future projects.

Given the info available to date, I can only see this effort as being a positive catalyst for the entirety of the Muskie angling world; competitve or not.
*well known, highly respected names
*forward thinking, innovative, involved organizations
*the fine folks @ MuskieFirst bringing thier unique perspective and multiple talents to bear in the Event Coverage, Angler Promo, PR, Live Video Feeds and sooo much more...

Building upon best practices gleaned from decades of Esox Tournaments while putting together a better "Total Package" from the competitive anglers standpoint will only serve to raise the bar for all involved in this niche market while increasing the general publics knowledge and awareness not only of how awsome and worthy an adversary is the 'Mighty Masquinonge', but more importantly Her delicate place in the overall balance of Nature's scheme and WHY it is so important She has a place in our future. Not as a fragile"China Doll" on some shelf to be only admired by a few... untouched by many for fear of breaking; but as revered Monarch of freshwater, to be respected,promoted, protected, pursued and challenged in "Fair Chase" as a Birth Right to avid anglers across the breadth and width of North America!

A tip of the cap folks. I wish you all of the luck in the world and forward my best wishes of success.

May the Muskie Gods shine thier fickel favours lavishly upon us all this season...
and for many more to come.

Bob

Posted 12/26/2008 2:04 PM (#351617 - in reply to #350957)

I am glad that we have a press release.
But we are still missing the details that will tell us if this is worth fishing. We all new that this was comming so the info that was given out was not much more that what we already new. With the show comming up I hope they have thier stuff together so we can get a good feel for what it is all about. I know that many teams sighn up for the PMTT at the shows.
So it would be nice to see the full deal on the MAC before the Show.

As for now I am glad that we have a new trail in town but if they are going to be a player they need to get us the info ASAP.

Also noticed that the PMTT is claiming to be doing more for its anglers this year so MAC has at least got thier attention. Any improvement in the PMTT will be a good thing they have a long way to go since they do nothing for them now.
Troyz.
Posted 12/27/2008 8:17 AM (#351682 - in reply to #351617)

Yes it would be nice to see some more info on the payouts, in the other trails it is more of a all or nothing type of approach, I guess I am interested in how far they plan on paying out, and what will the 2nd to ? payouts be. Will most of this be finalized by Chicago?

Troyz
musky54114
Posted 12/27/2008 8:36 AM (#351685 - in reply to #350957)

How are you going to get an accurate measurement using a picture and a bumpboard. Can you see both ends good enough to get down to a 1/16th
of an inch?
Posted 12/27/2008 10:06 AM (#351690 - in reply to #350957)

If I am reading this right, this tournament is put on by the owners of Tuffy boats right?

Muskie Anglers C
Posted 12/27/2008 10:47 AM (#351693 - in reply to #351685)

musky54114 - 12/27/2008 8:36 AM

How are you going to get an accurate measurement using a picture and a bumpboard. Can you see both ends good enough to get down to a 1/16th
of an inch?

Yes. Not to a 16th of an inch, that isn't the parameter. 1/4" is no problem.

'Yes it would be nice to see some more info on the payouts, in the other trails it is more of a all or nothing type of approach, I guess I am interested in how far they plan on paying out, and what will the 2nd to ? payouts be.'

Expect the rules and payout schedule to be online and available by the end of next week.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 12/27/2008 10:48 AM (#351694 - in reply to #351690)

Yes, the founding principals are the owners of Fiberdome Inc., the parent compnay of Tuffy Boats. However, there will be other promotional partners and manufacturers involved. The trail is a cooperative effort between Fiberdome and other interested parties.
Posted 12/27/2008 1:57 PM (#351709 - in reply to #350957)

So the way I am reading this, this tourney is nothing more than a marketing effort on behalf of Tuffy to help them sell a few more boats during tough economic times. $30K does not equate to a 150% payout @ $750 per team with a field of 120 teams. I hope the MAC is putting some thought into where these tourneys will be held, because if its more Eagle River/Madison Chain events, they have a tough road ahead.
BenR
Posted 12/27/2008 3:53 PM (#351715 - in reply to #351709)

If Tuffy is behind this, that is great news..to finally see a boat company support the muskie industry is pretty promising...I hope you are right guess....maybe more will get on board in the future....
Reelwise
Posted 12/27/2008 4:16 PM (#351717 - in reply to #351715)

Doesn't Ranger Boats sponsor the PMTT?
TJ DeVoe
Posted 12/27/2008 4:29 PM (#351718 - in reply to #351717)

I first want to direct you to what Sunfish said in the middle of this thread. The possibility of a larger payout would depend on contingency offers that would be present to those fishing MAC. Take a look at the FLW tours, last year a guy was guaranteed $60,000 for first place, however, if a guy ran the right boat and motor, he automatically qualified for another $40,000, putting the first place prize at $100,000. The contingency offers would be run similar to how the FLW's are run.

Here is the link to the contingencies that are possible for the 2009 FLW walleye tour.
http://walleyetour.flwoutdoors.com/contingencyAward.cfm?cid=5&did=0

For a MAC event, a full field of a 120 has the possibility of a $30,000 cash prize for first place, that's without any contingency. If I recall right, the closest first place prize in any musky trail for a single event is only $20,000, not too shabby if you ask me. Then another $24,000 cash for the top placing team of the year.
BenR
Posted 12/27/2008 5:44 PM (#351721 - in reply to #351717)

Reelwise - 12/27/2008 4:16 PM

Doesn't Ranger Boats sponsor the PMTT?

I believe they are a sponsor, but they are not backing the tournament...I would guess the MAC and PMTT...have a few other sponsors as well:)
sworrall
Posted 12/27/2008 7:17 PM (#351729 - in reply to #351709)

Guest - 12/27/2008 1:57 PM

So the way I am reading this, this tourney is nothing more than a marketing effort on behalf of Tuffy to help them sell a few more boats during tough economic times. $30K does not equate to a 150% payout @ $750 per team with a field of 120 teams. I hope the MAC is putting some thought into where these tourneys will be held, because if its more Eagle River/Madison Chain events, they have a tough road ahead.

I've attended several organizational meetings, and can assure you it's much more, John.

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)