Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Pewaukee Lake Report

Message Subject: Pewaukee Lake Report
Mikes Extreme
Posted 5/9/2006 6:19 PM (#191019)
Subject: Pewaukee Lake Report

The opener was picture perfect in the morning. Mild temps and very little wind. Most of the action came in the very early morning and then again from noon to 2pm.

Water temps were in the high to mid 50's on the West end of the lake and high 50's to low 60's on the East end. Most of the muskies caught were shorties. I know of a 37-incher caught on a sucker, a 36 caught on a X-rap, a 36-incher caught on a small Suick, a 35-incher on a Drop Belly Slammer.

I caught a 39.75-incher on a sucker and jdsplasher caught a 40.5 just before dark.

Most of the muskies were lookers, not any reports of figure 8 fish at all. All of the fish that we raised in my boat were slow and low. They always seemed to check out the suckers and scare them before sinking back into the weeds.

Sunday morning was very slow for everyone I talked to. I hit the lake with my son and Ryan at 11am to fish the warmest part of the day. I was a very good call because we boated a 38-incher in the first 1/2 hour out. About 4pm we got into a frenzy of muskies.

A sucker rod started to sound off and soon a 36-incher was in the net. My son grabbed a rod and set the hooks into a 40-incher as I was working on the fish in the net. I quickly removed the quick-strike rig and placed the fish in the livewell so I could net my sons fish. As I grabbed the net the last sucker rod started to pull line. I engaged the reel and thumbed the spool and lifted the rod like a cane pole. My sons fish was ready and comming in on top of the water as the 35-incher came to the top. I slid the net under both fish to seal the deal of 3 fish in just minutes.

Here are some of the pictures I got from the opener.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(HPIM0418 copy.jpg)

(HPIM0422 copy.jpg)

(ryan38inch2x1.jpg)

(HPIM0425 copy2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments HPIM0418 copy.jpg (45KB - 179 downloads)
Attachments HPIM0422 copy.jpg (43KB - 174 downloads)
Attachments ryan38inch2x1.jpg (42KB - 150 downloads)
Attachments HPIM0425 copy2.jpg (101KB - 177 downloads)
buschman
Posted 5/15/2006 11:51 AM (#192122 - in reply to #191019)
Subject: RE: Pewaukee Lake Report

Mikes Extreme - 5/9/2006 6:19 PM

The opener was picture perfect in the morning. Mild temps and very little wind. Most of the action came in the very early morning and then again from noon to 2pm.

Water temps were in the high to mid 50's on the West end of the lake and high 50's to low 60's on the East end. Most of the muskies caught were shorties. I know of a 37-incher caught on a sucker, a 36 caught on a X-rap, a 36-incher caught on a small Suick, a 35-incher on a Drop Belly Slammer.

I caught a 39.75-incher on a sucker and jdsplasher caught a 40.5 just before dark.

Most of the muskies were lookers, not any reports of figure 8 fish at all. All of the fish that we raised in my boat were slow and low. They always seemed to check out the suckers and scare them before sinking back into the weeds.

Sunday morning was very slow for everyone I talked to. I hit the lake with my son and Ryan at 11am to fish the warmest part of the day. I was a very good call because we boated a 38-incher in the first 1/2 hour out. About 4pm we got into a frenzy of muskies.

A sucker rod started to sound off and soon a 36-incher was in the net. My son grabbed a rod and set the hooks into a 40-incher as I was working on the fish in the net. I quickly removed the quick-strike rig and placed the fish in the livewell so I could net my sons fish. As I grabbed the net the last sucker rod started to pull line. I engaged the reel and thumbed the spool and lifted the rod like a cane pole. My sons fish was ready and comming in on top of the water as the 35-incher came to the top. I slid the net under both fish to seal the deal of 3 fish in just minutes.

Here are some of the pictures I got from the opener.
:)
Posted 5/15/2006 11:54 AM (#192124 - in reply to #192122)

I agree with mike the lake was the right temp and they look like the wanted to eat and mike got them to a tip my hat to and great job mike
muskynightmare
Posted 5/15/2006 11:17 PM (#192227 - in reply to #191019)

Dude, I'm gonna be there this weekend, but in no condition to fish. Derned it!
Mikes Extreme
Posted 5/23/2006 10:49 PM (#193400 - in reply to #192227)

Here is a 46 1/2-inch fish that smashed a top water tonight.

Water temps are in the low 60's and getting higher as the week continues.

It's finally time to spank some muskies.

Edited by Mikes Extreme 5/24/2006 3:20 PM

(46extreme5x3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 46extreme5x3.jpg (40KB - 151 downloads)
Mikes Extreme
Posted 6/16/2006 10:08 AM (#196587 - in reply to #193400)

The fishing on Pewaukee lake has been average to good in the past weeks. Fish up to 47-inches have been caught and released. Most of the action is from the low to mid thirtys fish and weed related. Some good fish in the upper 40's have been raised by my clients but not boated yet. Lots of big fish have showed up on the weed edges and are getting ready to move out to suspend. Look for the action to get hot as the heat sets in this weekend.

We are now into the second week of June and the water temps are back into the low 70's after dropping 8 degrees. This past week has been great for action and boated fish. Most of the fish my cliens have caught are in the 37 to 41-inch range.

Top water, bucktails, jerkbaits, and cranks have all boated fish recently. Oh, ya one on rubber also.

With this comming 90 degree weekend the lake will be full of recrational boaters. Look for your best action early and late in the day. The night bite has still not got going yet but will be starting to be more consistant soon. A client did catch a nice 41-incher just before 10pm last Monday(6-12).

The trolling bite will also get going as the water temps rise. I have got a few trolling but most of my booked clients at this time want to cast. The trolling bite will come soon enough. I like to cast while I can before they suspend. With all the big fish still following baits this past week from weed beds and weed lines I expect this weekend and next week to be very good for numbers and quality. Look for the bigger fish to be active at prime times. Fish in the upper 40's and even a couple 50's have been active this past week. With a little luck I will have some big girls being held by clients very soon.

I will post a couple client pics from last week.

Edited by Mikes Extreme 6/16/2006 10:28 AM

(37jim5x3 copy.jpg)

(37jeff2x1.jpg)

(41joe5x3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 37jim5x3 copy.jpg (53KB - 167 downloads)
Attachments 37jeff2x1.jpg (43KB - 166 downloads)
Attachments 41joe5x3.jpg (45KB - 180 downloads)
Sunshine
Posted 6/18/2006 2:02 PM (#196847 - in reply to #191019)

I was on Pewaukee yesterday for a late afternoon early evening guide trip. One follow, two misses but did manage to land a beautiful chunky 44" fish off a deep weedline. I watched the graph the entire trip while my clients casted. It's real apparent that the bluegills and bait fish are staging at the weedlines. I figure 7-10 days for those eager to troll. I did talk to one gentleman at the launch who trolled with his son. They never saw a muskie but did catch a walleye.

Good Fishin'
Posted 6/21/2006 3:35 PM (#197397 - in reply to #196587)

Mike is the top water bite still going?
Mikes Extreme
Posted 6/21/2006 10:58 PM (#197440 - in reply to #197397)

Ya, we got a 37-incher tonight on a Headbanger top water bait.

Last night we had 3 hits on three different top water baits without a hook up but I did get to catch a low thirtys muskie on a bucktail at boat side.

I had a real nice 45 to 47-inch muskie eat that same bucktail tonight on the first turn of my figure 8. She was real thick across the shoulders and would have been a great client fish if the hand-off would have worked out. As it was the fish shook the hooks and only left a memory.

I can still see her inhail the bait at boat side, I set the hooks hard twice and she started to strip drag, perfect time to hand off the rod to my client. Oh well, there is always tomarrow.

We also lost a fish as we were setting up for a trolling pass just after we got out tonight. I had a couple rods set when one went off. My client Billi got the rod and she held on while the fish was battling to get free. Somehow it came off before it got to the net.

One for 3 tonight. 3 for 3 would have been better. Thats fishing.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 7/11/2006 7:42 PM (#200331 - in reply to #197440)

Very wierd day today. Only one fish boated today, that I know of, on Pewaukee Lake.

9 boats trolling and one 32-inch fish.

The trolling pattern was so good going into today that I thought with the increased wind and pre-moon phase it was going to be a free for all. All of the people I talked to that were casting didn't even see a fish today.

The last 3 days have been 2 or 3 fish days out of my boat and today all we got was a walleye and snagged a perch from the school he was hanging with. Two wallyes Thursday night also.

I guess I have to go back out and try tonight. That way I will know where to start with my July 9th Sunday morning clients.

Wind, weather and full moon phase = Big Muskies.

See ya......
Mikes Extreme
Posted 7/11/2006 7:43 PM (#200332 - in reply to #200331)

Well Sunday moring was ok for the first few hours with two small muskies caught by my clients. We fished from 7am till noon. The biggest was 32-inches and the other was short of the 30 mark. Both fish were caught on small crank baits trolled through schools of suspended bluegills, perch and crappies. Depth Raiders, Ernies, Bagleys and Rapalas have all produces this past week. Green, yellows, reds and browns were the colors I was doing well on. Darker at night and brighter during the days. I hope this help.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 7/14/2006 11:57 PM (#200843 - in reply to #200332)

The water temps are getting into the danger zone on Pewaukee Lake. I have seen three muskie floating in the past two weeks. One was from a guy who caught a 39-incher out of 22 foot of water on a sucker. He didn't have the proper net or tools to deal with the fish once it was in the net. The fish rolled in his small net and was brought into the boat so he could get the hooks out. 15 minutes later it was put back into the water. A half hour later I noticed he still have the fish so I asked if I could help. The fish was already turning yellow and almosy dead. I told him to keep it because it is going to die. He told me it would be ok and I knew I couldn't do anymore. That same fish was floating that next morning.

Thursday I got a call that a 50-incher was caught and released in the morning and some pictures were on Lake-Link, I hoped that the release was quick and sucessfull.

I got a call Friday afternoon that confirmed the 50 floating. She was caught out of 40ft of water on a Depth Raider in 78 to 80 degree water temps. I know there is plenty of fish deep and they can be caught. Please try to target the shallower fish if you have to target the muskies. The mornings have been cooler but the stress of the hot water and fight is so hard on them.

I am not going to guide for a couple weeks for muskies on Pewaukee because these fish will die if you take them out of the water. The best option is to water release these fish so they have a good chance to live and grow.

Tonight was my last guide job and we used smaller cranks and fished the flats. We got a 14 3/4-inch walleye, a 29-inch pike and a 27-inch walleye this evening. The water temps were 78 to 79 degrees.

The 50-incher was a bummer, I am sure the guy did his best and hopefully he was quick with the pictures. This just goes to show you that even if a fish is released it might still die. Delayed mortality it is called. this is the third fish I have seen floating in the last two weeks.

Don't target the deep fish or better yet take a week off and help keep the fishory healthy. The heat will leave and the water temps will drop in a week or so.

Here is the walleye from tonight.

(dans27walleye3x5.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments dans27walleye3x5.jpg (44KB - 155 downloads)
Mikes Extreme
Posted 8/13/2006 3:11 PM (#204809 - in reply to #200843)

WOW, it's been a long time since I posted a report here.

Here is some off my web site report I just finished along with a few pictures.

Ok, now for some fish reports. The muskie action starting in early August has just been awesome for those who have got into the trolling mode. I made a few minor adjustments trolling since the July report but mostly the pattern has stayed the same. We are still working areas with the most bait fish. Bluegills, crappies and perch are stacked up in areas of deep water. I know where they stack up and how to get the baits where the muskies feed. Deep running crank baits are still your best bet because they will get to where the bait fish are and when trolled through the schools of bait they will get ate.

Monday the 1st of August I got out with a new friend Mike Phelps and his boss Tony for a 1/2 day outing after work. We worked crank baits in deep water off the wind blown side of Pewaukee Lake. It didn't take long before a rod started to sing out drag and Tony was into his first muskie of the trip. A scrappy 35-incher was caught and released 1/2 hour into the trip, a good start I told them as I set the lines back up. In the next hour we caught and released two more smaller muskies in the low thirties. At 9pm we got into a very good muskie that made our outing one they will not soon forget. This was a beautiful 48-inch 30lb muskie that might just get Mike a raise at work by his boss Tony. I will get a picture loaded to the left for you to see and also in the PHOTOS 23 page when I get time to do that. Congrats Tony on a great Pewaukee fish.

This is only one of the many multiple fish afternoons we have enjoyed lately. Here is another one that was just three days later. This was the 4th of August and a 1/2 day 5pm till 10pm outing. Aaron and his friend met me for some muskie action. His friend had never got a muskie before and was looking for his first. He didn't have long to wait because I had a rod start to strip line just 15 minutes into out outing. A mid thirty's muskie was soon in the net and then released. I reset the lines and another fish grabbed on of my crank baits and he was into his second 36-incher minutes after he just released his first. Believe it or not this happened again after we released the second fish. The third fish was a 37-incher and now Aaron's friend is into his third muskie and its only 5:45pm. Remember we started at 5pm. Well Aaron got to get into the action after that with a 36-incher of his own shortly after 6:30pm. Yes, that's 4 muskies in one and a half hours of muskie fishing but that was it for the outing. The next day I had Joe, Tia and Melissa out for some action. Tia got her first muskie and Melissa got a pike. Monday the 7th I got out with Kevin Dunn, we boated a 37 and 36-incher. We also had another fish that got off but that's fishing. Well you can now see the action Pewaukee Lake is putting out in August.

Multiple muskie nights is only part of the action, the walleyes that have been hitting our crank baits are quality also. Most of the nights we boat at least one legal walleye while we troll for muskies. Walleyes in the 17 to 19-inch range are common this past two weeks. Most of these are feeding in the same areas the muskies are. Find the food and the toothy critters looking for an easy meal. How cool is it to troll for muskies, release the muskies and catch a walleye or two to bring home for a meal. I know works for me because I got to eat a few of them lately. Today I got out with my son Mike and we had two legal walleyes in the first 1/2 hour of fishing, they came as a double, one on his side and one on my side. We also got a small mouth bass and lost a good muskie before calling it a morning. This recent East wind cool down has brought the water temps into the 77 degree range. This is a welcome cool down since the water temps were into the low 80's for a while. Look for the fish to start the pre fall migration back to the weeds in a few weeks. For now, enjoy the great action trolling while it's hot. I have some open dates left in August if your looking to get into the action.

I wish I could tell you about all the guide trips I have had this past few weeks but I would run out of time and room. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me or contact me by phone. I would be glad to help you in any way I can. Look for the action to stay hot for the next few weeks or longer if the weather will stabilize. Muskie, northern, walleyes and bass all are active and fun to catch.

This past week cool down has slowed the fishing some but things should get back to normal and the cooler 77 degree water temps will be easer on the fish.

Here is some pics...........

(30melissapike5x3.jpg)

(38adam2x1.jpg)

(36aronspal2x1.jpg)

(37aronsbud2x1.jpg)

(48tony5x3.jpg)

(tiafirst5x3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 30melissapike5x3.jpg (54KB - 175 downloads)
Attachments 38adam2x1.jpg (35KB - 154 downloads)
Attachments 36aronspal2x1.jpg (37KB - 162 downloads)
Attachments 37aronsbud2x1.jpg (37KB - 158 downloads)
Attachments 48tony5x3.jpg (44KB - 203 downloads)
Attachments tiafirst5x3.jpg (47KB - 163 downloads)
Ben Kueng
Posted 8/15/2006 11:54 AM (#205083 - in reply to #191019)

Nice pics and report Mike! Sounds you guys have been busy lately.

I bet Aug 5th was a tough day to keep your eyes on the graph...LOL

Later

Ben
ww.benkueng.com

brandonschorle
Posted 8/15/2006 12:39 PM (#205089 - in reply to #191019)

Whats work when you get to look at beautiful girls all day long!!!
Magruter
Posted 8/15/2006 1:39 PM (#205098 - in reply to #191019)

Mike you're such a pimp! Awesome pictures..
MuskyHopeful
Posted 8/15/2006 3:26 PM (#205117 - in reply to #191019)

He's a real professional, isn't he. Look how he made sure those fish were safe when he helped those young ladies hold them.

I've never seen him help anyone else hold a fish like that, so you know he's being extra careful for the sake of the fish.

Good luck, tonight, Bob Guccione.

Kevin
brandonschorle
Posted 8/15/2006 4:28 PM (#205121 - in reply to #191019)

haha had to get his arms around them so the fish wouldnt flop out they are basically sitting in his lap!
Shep
Posted 8/16/2006 8:21 AM (#205220 - in reply to #205121)

Trust me on this. We ALL wish he had gotten them a big fish, 40+. That would have made one awesome picture! I talked to one of the girls, and she said if they got a big fish, she was gonna pose with it between her bare ....... ah, well, you get the idea. Course, those pics probably wouldn't have made it on here!

I missed those because of crab legs. No wonder I've been grouchy this week!
GOTONE
Posted 8/16/2006 1:27 PM (#205285 - in reply to #191019)

Funny how the nice 48" fish was overlooked in your pictures.....
KARLOUTDOORS
Posted 8/18/2006 9:26 PM (#205647 - in reply to #191019)

Fished Pewaukee on Wed Aug 16. Got on the water at about noon. Started trolliing the west end north shore then around the south shore at and just west of the narrows. Marked solid bait fish along the northern routes but got nothing. Varried bait depthes from 5-15 feet while trolling mainly between 15-30. Never ventured much shallower than that. Casted a short while on the west end as weel. Zippo. Pulled out and ran into Mike Koepp at the ramp as he was waiting for an evening client to show from chicago. shared a little info and thanked him for the planer board tips. Headed over to Oconomowoc and fished from 6till about 11. No trolling just casting there. Fished the sharp breaks and deep weeedlines and also got nothing with the exception of a 20" smallie after dark on an eagle tail. The good news for the day was that the water temps seem to be slowly coming down. 77-78 On pwkee and down to 76 on Oconomowoc. Only one guy we talked to said he caught one. A shortie trolling deep. didnt say more than that.

Edited by KARLOUTDOORS 8/18/2006 11:19 PM
Got Esox?
Posted 8/21/2006 6:04 PM (#205961 - in reply to #191019)

I am looking for a game plan for Pewaukee, late afternoon/early evening:

I am taking my wife's grandfather Musky fishing tommorrow night who has not caught a Musky in 30 years. He is 83 and had a surgery a couple of months ago and has been looking forward to this outing since I met my wife (5 years ago). So I am not looking for anyone to give away the farm, but just a few pointers to where I may have abetter chance to get him tied on to one. I have never been on the lake myself, but have heard goods things about this body of water. I hope I can manage to have a "Mike Hulbert Experience" taking a fragile senior citizien on a musky mission and be succesful. Thanks for any much needed info in advance, for I am grateful for this board.

Before I forget, I was planning on casting? Or should I troll?

Edited by Got Esox? 8/21/2006 6:17 PM
Mikes Extreme
Posted 8/21/2006 9:42 PM (#206000 - in reply to #205961)

Both casting or trolling will produce BUT the trolling bite can be hot. My clients Mike Phelps and his father in law caught and released 6 muskies Sunday morning while trolling with me. I was proud to say they each had the chance to score 3 muskies each.

Mike Hulbert experiance?
There is less than 1 muskie per acre in Pewaukee Lake, not 7 per acre like Webster and those lakes. You might have to work for them. Find the bait and the muskie will be close by.

Anyway, I sent you an e-mail "Got Esox" with detail of what we did Sunday and where. I hope you score for him. I will be out so make sure I see you and I will steer you to some fish. Stop by Smokey's Muskie Shop around 5pm and I will mark a map for you.
Got Esox?
Posted 8/22/2006 6:15 AM (#206019 - in reply to #191019)

Thanks for the info, I just may be at Smokeys @ 5 as well with a map. I appreciate all the help. The "Mike Hulburt Experience" that I mentioned is regarding the older client that Mike put on a nice Musky a few months ago. The link is below and I think there was a article in the past issue of Musky Hunter too.

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=26...
Mikes Extreme
Posted 9/11/2006 7:02 PM (#208778 - in reply to #206019)

Ready or not the Fall action is just around the corner. Most of the South East muskie action is still being enjoyed by the trollers. The casting bite is starting to heat up slowly with each shorter day and longer cool night.

The best action is still the suspended fish that are eating well while hanging around all the bait. I have enjoyed multiple muskie nights and mornings this whole past month. Okauchee and Pewaukee Lake have been kicking our some big fish and numbers. Nineteen 1/2 days this past month has put 40 muskies in my boat. Almost all of these fish have came on crankbaits trolled through schools of bait fish or working structure.

The best action has come from matching the size lure with the size bait your trolling through. Okauchee Lake seems to require larger baits and Pewaukee Lake I like to down size because of all the stunted pan fish.

The trolling bite will start to slow as the water cools and the muskies start to work back to the weeds. I am looking forward to sticking some bigger fish as they start to show up shallower.

The trolling patterns will change from the suspendo's, to the breaks, to the flats, and then the weedlines. I have enjoyed two great months of trolling but the fall casting bite is comming soon. For the next few weeks the trolling bite will rock, then it's time to have some fun casting for a month or so. Then the meat come out..........

For more info on Pewaukee Lake check out my web site for a more detailed report. www.mikekoepp.com

Here is a few small pictures from the last few weeks on 5pm till 10pm weekday outing. Most of the fish were caught trolling but the last few were caught casting. More to come as the casting bite continues to get better. Last night my clients caught two, lost one and raised a few other good fish. I will post some pics when I get some free time. Got to go..............

Edited by Mikes Extreme 9/13/2006 3:51 PM

(39mikep2x1.jpg)

(37mikep2x1.jpg)

(35chuck2x1.jpg)

(38brian2x1.jpg)

(44chuck2x1.jpg)

(43mike2x1.jpg)

(36tina2x1.jpg)

(mikesecond2x1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 39mikep2x1.jpg (35KB - 156 downloads)
Attachments 37mikep2x1.jpg (35KB - 160 downloads)
Attachments 35chuck2x1.jpg (37KB - 152 downloads)
Attachments 38brian2x1.jpg (37KB - 150 downloads)
Attachments 44chuck2x1.jpg (38KB - 145 downloads)
Attachments 43mike2x1.jpg (37KB - 162 downloads)
Attachments 36tina2x1.jpg (37KB - 154 downloads)
Attachments mikesecond2x1.jpg (38KB - 159 downloads)
Mikes Extreme
Posted 9/16/2006 11:56 AM (#209506 - in reply to #208778)

The casting bite is now starting to get better this past week. With warm temps here again this weekend(9/16) the casting bite might slow. Look for the falling temps this comming week to bring in some deep water fish.

Water temps are in the high 60's this weekend and they will be falling fast into the low 60's by next weekend. This will bring on the bite as the fish will get the Fall chill. It seems like every year after the first Fall chill the muskie action gets better. Half of this is the increased numbers of fish that move back into the weeds and the other half is the activity of the fish. The Fall bite is going to get very good so you better be ready.

Hunting season is also here and the pleasure boaters are pulling their boats out. Sailing season is almost over and those jet skie's, wave runners, and tubers are almost done. This is the best time to get out on the water and enjoy the Fall action.

Trolling is still working for those who like to troll. After spending most of the 5pm to 10pm nights casting, I had an open night and decided to troll to see if my patterns are still working. Three low thirty inch muskies later in two hours I was happy to know that pattern is still good.

Casting or trolling?

This is the time of year they both will work. Pick your pattern and enjoy the rush.

I will post a few of the casting fish that have been caught by my clients this past week starting with September 10th. I will try to add a few every week for those who like muskie porn.

Edited by Mikes Extreme 9/16/2006 12:00 PM

(Aaronsbass2x1.jpg)

(46mikes5x3.jpg)

(mike12sept5x3.jpg)

(13sept3x5.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Aaronsbass2x1.jpg (37KB - 148 downloads)
Attachments 46mikes5x3.jpg (48KB - 146 downloads)
Attachments mike12sept5x3.jpg (41KB - 156 downloads)
Attachments 13sept3x5.jpg (47KB - 147 downloads)
esox50
Posted 9/16/2006 11:38 PM (#209575 - in reply to #191019)

Good Lord, how big is that bass? Is it a smallie or LMB? I can't tell by the pics.

Oh, nice muskie catches too hehehe.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 9/19/2006 7:52 PM (#210018 - in reply to #209575)

That would be a Large Mouth Bass that hit a Top Raider.

Fishing got rocking this past week but now the cold will put a twist on things.

Here is a couple client fish. Two from Sunday morning, a Dad and Son.

Monday night I had a father/son outing and the dad scored his first legal muskie.

(Billiesmuskie2x1.jpg)

(Billsmuskie2x1.jpg)

(Dadsfirstlegal5x3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Billiesmuskie2x1.jpg (40KB - 157 downloads)
Attachments Billsmuskie2x1.jpg (37KB - 167 downloads)
Attachments Dadsfirstlegal5x3.jpg (51KB - 156 downloads)
fish4musky1
Posted 9/21/2006 5:52 PM (#210310 - in reply to #191019)

any specific colors or lure stlyes working good? ill be there saturday all day hoping to see a ski or two. any one else going saturday?
Ben Kueng
Posted 9/21/2006 10:57 PM (#210356 - in reply to #191019)

I was mainly throwing a white Dawg on the 10 foot weed edge. If its cloudy on Sunday I would go with something a little darker though.

Rumor has it, a 52" was caught last weekend on a topraider in the morning..Couldnt tell ya where though.

Ill be in the Oconomowoc area on Saturday, but might hit Pewaukee if the actions slow..

Good luck this weekend!!

Ben
www.benkueng.com
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)