Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Just look for the only guy in the parking lot with a cigar in his left hand a beer in his right hand" Uncle spanky picking me up from middle school
- (Added by: Kuhly)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> A Cure for "Routerphobia"

Message Subject: A Cure for "Routerphobia"
Beaver
Posted 8/3/2012 3:50 PM (#575867)
Subject: A Cure for "Routerphobia"

Here is a finger saver for everyone.
www.EagleAmerica.com
Item# 420-1010

Take a look through this site for all sorts of Lure-Building Buddies. Jigs for drilling weight holes dead center and more. Another great resource for those who live in the basement.
Beaver
Tigger
Posted 8/3/2012 5:50 PM (#575887 - in reply to #575867)
Subject: Re: A Cure for "Routerphobia"

Hey beaver, I drove by that place today. It is just down the street from me. That is neat idea. I can't tell how many times I have had a piece of wood go flying! Looks to be on sale also.
John
Beaver
Posted 8/3/2012 6:53 PM (#575896 - in reply to #575887)

I was impressed when I saw it. I still have all of my fingers, but have had wood take off across the garage a couple of times. This looks like it would be a wise investment. Found a few other goodies in the catalog that would make lure making easier.
Beaver
muskyslayer96
Posted 8/7/2012 6:22 AM (#576398 - in reply to #575867)

Beaver
Thanks looks good...one question. Looks like if you had let's say a grandma style bait roughed out, you would have to reposition the finger saver in order to router the entire side? Could be looking at it in correctly, anyone used one before?
MS
horsehunter
Posted 8/7/2012 7:06 AM (#576403 - in reply to #575867)

The coments on the A E site arn't real posivitive the guy that liked it only after modification
gus_webb
Posted 8/7/2012 12:47 PM (#576520 - in reply to #575867)

Beaver, thanks for posting this! I have to admit, I suffer from routerphobia. I have one just waiting to be used, and I haven't even turned it on yet. I'm scared of losing fingers. I ordered one of those things, and will probably make the modifications the commenter suggested. Anything that gets me to use it is a good thing! I know the router will cut the amount of time I spend shaping lures down considerably.
esox911
Posted 8/7/2012 6:50 PM (#576622 - in reply to #576520)

Be carefull with the router thing-----I have some modified vice grips I use to keep my fingers away from that thing---My wife was an emergency room nures here during the 90's building boom---SHE SAW several Very Bad Router injuries that const. workers came in with--I mean like serious tips of the fingers GONE Forever. I am so carefull and use these tools that I have modified---Would hate to loose a tip of my finger for a musky bait.
MartinTD
Posted 8/8/2012 8:48 AM (#576713 - in reply to #576622)

esox911 - 8/7/2012 6:50 PM
Would hate to loose a tip of my finger for a musky bait.

C'mon now. Is there a more worthy cause to lose a fingertip?
Tony12
Posted 8/14/2012 6:53 PM (#578133 - in reply to #575867)

I, too, had routerphoiba. But after working with one almost daily, i've overcame it. Still have all ten fingers, have seen two guys take large amounts of hide off. Word to the wise, take your time, take a small amount out at a time. Make numerous passes. Never use a dull bit. Good Luck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)