Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Grassroots Action to maintain MN Fisheries

Message Subject: Grassroots Action to maintain MN Fisheries
Muskiefool
Posted 3/25/2011 7:28 PM (#488939)
Subject: Grassroots Action to maintain MN Fisheries

Unfortunately the advocacy campaign is for MN residents; don't give up on me non -residents, I have a couple e-mail addresses for non-residents so they can help too. As many of you may know our Game and Fish is running in the red and some of our elected officials are playing politics with the license increase by lumping it in the category of Taxes, they are committed to not raising them. As outdoors-men and women we understand the value and need to pay it forward and keep doing the research and stocking that are used to asses and maintain our resources. Staff has been reduced and as we all know we need to run lean to survive today, our DNR is doing a pretty good job of that. The concern is for the programs; Pike, Trout, Muskie, Catfish, Sturgeon, etc.

MN Residents click here and fallow Take Action
http://www.votervoice.net/groups/mnmuskie/advocacy/?issueid=24329

Non-Residents send courteous e-mails to these legislators and let them know you want to keep MN a great place to visit.

Chair Environment and Natural Resources Committee
Senator Bill Ingebrigtsen
[email protected]

Chair Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Policy and Finance
Representative Denny McNamara
[email protected]

Learn more here http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/heritage/index.html

Edited by Muskiefool 3/25/2011 7:32 PM
Muddy41
Posted 3/25/2011 10:32 PM (#488975 - in reply to #488939)
Subject: RE: Grassroots Action to maintain MN Fisheries

Muskiefool thanks for providing the info. I have no problem with a increase as long as the dollars are actually put to good use. Which is to maintain our wildlife.

The increase they are talking about is not going to really break anyone for the most part. The only part I am not sure about is just where is that money going to be put to use.

I live in the outdoors starting in May throught the end of Dec fishing and hunting!!! So if we are needing to pay a little more to make ends meet so be it!!!

In talking around the water cooler at work some people are whinning about the increase. These are the same people that do not flinch when it comes to paying out of state fees to fish and hunt in other states!!!!!! You talk about being a little whacked!!!!!

So I say let the increase take place!!! We need the money so why fight it!!

Muddy41
Posted 3/25/2011 10:46 PM (#488976 - in reply to #488975)
Subject: RE: Grassroots Action to maintain MN Fisheries

By the way my letter was signed and sent!!!!

Thanks
Ben Olsen
Posted 3/25/2011 11:46 PM (#488982 - in reply to #488939)
Subject: Re: Grassroots Action to maintain MN Fisheries

Muskiefool, who writes these things? I don't think it's a great idea to send a message with obvious errors. It reflects the organization poorly. This one includes the word "asses." Spell check won't catch context errors. The word is spelled "assess" or "assesses." Not a huge deal, but we kinda end up looking like "asses."

P.S. I sent an edited version.
Muskiefool
Posted 3/26/2011 10:31 PM (#489159 - in reply to #488982)

Sorry Ben, that was a rough draft of the letter that mistakenly was transferred from a doc. that did not overwrite so it looked good till I hit accept. Unfortunately we and I make mistakes, I guess that how you know your doing something and generally something for nothing Thanks for the heads up.
Muskiefool
Posted 3/27/2011 3:35 PM (#489288 - in reply to #489159)

One thing to remember when the fish and game fund runs out the legislature will be the ones to determine if our Muskie get stocked, Ducks Deer and Walleyes are the only thing we'll know. 1973 here we come; where a 7# walleye a 20# Muskie and any Sturgeon are a fish of a lifetime.

Edited by Muskiefool 3/27/2011 3:36 PM
Muskie Treats
Posted 3/28/2011 10:15 AM (#489417 - in reply to #488939)

FYI, please get your input in today if you can. There will be a meeting on Tuesday so all the input we can get in today can be used to support our legislators.
Muskiefool
Posted 3/28/2011 10:51 AM (#489427 - in reply to #489417)

http://www.votervoice.net/core.aspx?APP=GAC&AID=1356&issueid=24329&...
Herb_b
Posted 3/30/2011 1:24 PM (#489793 - in reply to #488939)

Message sent.

I would really like to see more than just a license fee increase.

How about some bumper stickers that could be offered when purchasing a fishing license? There could be different ones for different fish species such as a "I Support Walleye Stocking" or "I support Muskie stocking". Think how much good we, as Muskie fishermen, could gain by buying the Walleye stocking bumper stickers and letting the non-Muskie fishermen see that we are not just about Muskies? We wouldn't even need to say a thing to anyone. We could just buy both bumper stickers and let them speak for us.

Any other ideas?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)