Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> the Tyrant

Message Subject: the Tyrant
jay lip ripper
Posted 7/2/2009 2:33 AM (#386741)
Subject: the Tyrant

i just got one and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with it. and how do u like to work and did u "T" the hooks? thanks.
curleytail
Posted 7/2/2009 12:43 PM (#386797 - in reply to #386741)
Subject: Re: the TYRANT

Musky Madman, can you bend the line tie on them to make it run straight?

curleytail
jazon
Posted 7/2/2009 1:57 PM (#386809 - in reply to #386741)
Subject: RE: the TYRANT

I have a couple of them and although I haven't caught anythigng yet I haven't had the problems mentioned in this thread. I think the bait looks great in the water. I found I had to experiment with it a little to get the results I was looking for. I definately think I will catch fish with them. Good Luck and keep throwing.
kjgmh
Posted 7/2/2009 3:29 PM (#386816 - in reply to #386809)

I just ordered one and got it yesterday, only to find that the plastic on both sides of the cut-out for the tail is broken. I have sent them an email but have not heard back yet.
stdevos
Posted 7/2/2009 5:17 PM (#386833 - in reply to #386741)
Subject: Re: the TYRANT

I caught a musky within the first 15 minutes of using it, so I'm hooked. Mine runs to the side as well, but to me that's what separates it from all other bulldawg type baits. If you want it to work like a bulldawg, get a bulldawg. What I also like about it, it always runs at the exact depth that I want it to. Count it down to where you want it and it will stay at that depth for the remainder of the retrieve, it can be worked over submergent weeds as well by limiting pauses and keeping the rod tip up. Yikes, I sound like a salesman.

I didn't 'T' the hooks, I don't mind hook rash and the hooks don't seem to get caught on the side. I did have a problem with it fouling occasionally,I would go 4 consecutive casts of fouling then 30 minutes without, go figure.
Tilky
Posted 7/2/2009 6:15 PM (#386835 - in reply to #386816)

Send me an email with your contact info, I will take care of the lure. My email address is [email protected]
Rattlin RB
Posted 7/2/2009 9:05 PM (#386846 - in reply to #386741)

The first day I fished the Tyrant (Black one) on Cave Run Lake a couple months ago , I caught a 43 incher and had a 40 inch range fish hit at the boat and shake off. The Black one ,I think it is called "Midnight", looks absolutely deadly in the water. I call it "Black Death" because it looks so good that the muskies just want to kill it. I made a return trip to the Cave the following weekend and right off the bat, I hooked a mid thirties that shook off and had another solid fish drill the bait about mid cast, but never got stuck on a hook. Also had five other follows. As for dislikes of the bait, the paint almost completely peeled off the bait after a day of fishing and I was fishing with a nearly Clear plastic bait with a black tail. I also did have to bend the front eye to get it to "Sort of " walk the dog. I need a new black one, but just haven't been able to locate one yet. All in all, I really like the bait, I had to spray paint mine with black spray paint, but hopefully in the near future, I will get a new one. Overall, a really neat bait.
Just my 2cents
Roger
tilky
Posted 7/3/2009 5:43 AM (#386862 - in reply to #386741)

Roger, I talked to Mike at Cave Run Pro Shop about the paint peeling off you lure. If you want a new one send me an email. [email protected]
kjgmh
Posted 7/3/2009 9:58 AM (#386889 - in reply to #386862)
Subject: RE: the Tyrant

I just heard back from Tyrant and issue is being taken care of for me. Quick response and good service.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)