Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Costa Delmars

Message Subject: Costa Delmars
Tiger
Posted 10/12/2007 11:25 PM (#279336)
Subject: Costa Delmars

Just picked up a pair of Costa Delmars, wave killers i believe, green mirrored glass lenses for a really decent price.
when i opened the box up there was no instructions on cleaning/maintenance nor a cleaning cloth...Is their supposed to be a cloth and/or instructions included ?
I e-mailed Costa Delmar but will probably have to wait until next week to get a reply.
muskie! nut
Posted 10/13/2007 7:10 AM (#279344 - in reply to #279336)
Subject: Re: Costa Delmars

I use window cleaner for my glasses normal glasses. The key here is to use a very soft cloth to clean or wipe it off. You can get cleaning cloths at any optical store.

Oh, and good luck getting a response from Costa DelMar. I emailed them about a year and a half ago, haven't heard from them yet.
Muskie Treats
Posted 10/13/2007 9:45 AM (#279358 - in reply to #279336)

Go to a glasses store (Pearl, Lens Crafters, etc) and they've got glasses rags everywhere. Treat them as you would a pair of prescription glasses: carefully.
Tiger
Posted 10/14/2007 12:15 AM (#279410 - in reply to #279336)

Thanks for the info guy's.
Hey MuskieTreats, what do you mean by treat them carefully? don't tell me they scratch easy ....
if so, I'm in trouble, i'm hard on glasses and that why I bought glass lenses.figure they wouldn't scratch that easy.
thanks.

Edited by Tiger 10/14/2007 12:16 AM
muskie! nut
Posted 10/14/2007 12:36 PM (#279444 - in reply to #279336)

As a guy that has worn glasses a good share of his life, I can tell you that what Treats is saying is don't throw them on the ground, floor, dashboard, etc. if at all possible place them in a protective case when not in use. Don't wipe them with paper towel or any other rough feeling product. Take good care of them and they will last you a long long time. You did a smart thing by purchasing a quality pair of glasses to protect your eyes from the sun, using reasonable care and they will last you.
reelman
Posted 10/14/2007 1:24 PM (#279449 - in reply to #279336)

If they are the Costas with glass lenses you can really abuse them without worrying about scratching the lenses. I have had a pair of glass lensed Costas for over 5 years now and there is not a single scratch on them and I clean them with whatever is handy; my shirt, a rag, paper towel, napkin, etc. Best pair of glasses I've ever owned!
PEteacher44
Posted 10/14/2007 2:34 PM (#279454 - in reply to #279336)

I have a pair of costa's too.....not sure if they are glass or plastic, but not a scratch after 4 or 5 years. I wear them everywhere too!....not just fishing. I'm not particularly careful about it either.....just seem to be good glasses. I got them at Cabela's bargain cave for 1/2 price....gotta love that!
Tiger
Posted 10/15/2007 4:11 AM (#279531 - in reply to #279336)

Ok, got what your saying now, So far I really like them,used them the past two days and what a difference they make.
i heard they are really worth the money you pay for them and I was tired of buying cheaper brands that made my eyes cross.
thanks again guy's...

Edited by Tiger 10/15/2007 4:12 AM
esoxaddict
Posted 10/15/2007 10:09 AM (#279572 - in reply to #279336)

From the folks at Costa Del Mar:

A neutral dishwashing liquid or a lens cleaning solution and our premium micro-fiber cleaning cloth is the best option for keeping your shades in top condition. To protect the premium anti-reflective coatings, Costa Del Mar sunglasses should not be subjected to a pH any higher than 8 or lower than 5.5 (i.e.: Windex pH is 10.7, Formula 409 pH is 11.8, Dawn pH is 6.5).

Second, always store your sunglasses in the protective case that you received when your Costa Del Mar sunglasses were purchased. Third, store your sunglasses in an area not exposed to temperature extremities. In other words, don’t leave them on the dash of your car. Finally, regular maintenance, such as tightening loose screws will ensure fewer trips to the repair department. Follow the above recommendations and your Costa Del Mar sunglasses should provide you with years of faithful service.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)