Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Guiding in Wis

Message Subject: Guiding in Wis
hodaghawg
Posted 4/6/2007 10:08 AM (#249216)
Subject: Guiding in Wis

Can anybody tell me what it takes to become a guide in Wis. Is it just paperwork or is there a test, etc?

Thanks,
Bart
Steve Jonesi
Posted 4/6/2007 10:13 AM (#249218 - in reply to #249216)
Subject: Re: Guiding in Wis

Paperwork and the license fee to the state.Not sure what the in-state fee is anymore, sorry. Steve
nwild
Posted 4/6/2007 11:18 AM (#249231 - in reply to #249218)

Anyone that pays the WDNR (if memory serves me, $40) can be a guide in Wisconsin. I would suggest making sure you are have commercial insurance if you are to be fishing for hire, but a $40 fee and you are a licensed guide.
mikie
Posted 4/6/2007 11:48 AM (#249236 - in reply to #249216)

Do you also need a Wisconsin fishing license or is that part of the guide license fee? m
nwild
Posted 4/6/2007 12:07 PM (#249245 - in reply to #249236)

Seperate deal Mikie, this post just reminded me to renew my licenses.

Guide's License --$40
Husband/Wife FishingLicense --$31
Fishing with Mikie and Mauser -- Priceless!

Mikie, I will get you those maps, I haven't forgotten.

Email me your address.
Fun Guy
Posted 4/6/2007 1:03 PM (#249258 - in reply to #249216)
Subject: RE: Guiding in Wis

Heck, you don't even need a boat!!! There is a guide in Wisconsin that USES other peoples boats to guide with. The guy is an idiot too.

The good reputable guides are known on here. Mr. Norm Wild is one of those. I use the term/title of "Mr" very loosely with Norm too. :)- Just kidding Normy!!!

Mr. Steve Jonesi is THE MAN for Minnesota. I guess that he can catch fish in Wisconsin too. I think that HE is the one that taught MuskyDr what the Dr knows today. Sorry Dave, have to give you a hard time.

Worrall??? I feel sorry for him having to let Lambeau and Slamr catch fish each time that they are in the boat with him.

(If you guys only knew who was typing this!!!) :)-
Muskydr
Posted 4/6/2007 1:57 PM (#249266 - in reply to #249216)

When I first started guiding back in 1986 it was 5 bucks for a license what a laffer now it is 40 bucks and still a laffer. Simple form to fill out. Insurance is an issue people take quite seriously look at it in some form of umbrella policy. Lots of guides out there, some good, some bad, some the ugly like me:) Oh by the way, you don't need a big fancy boat and sponsors......... you do however need to be a people person!!
muskyone
Posted 4/6/2007 6:22 PM (#249325 - in reply to #249266)

$40.00, Fill out the proper form & Have it Notorized and your in. Just remember that your are taking a notorized oath of office and any violation of DNR laws is a felony instead of a misdemeanor once you are a licensed guide. Meaningless to most of us, but accidents can happen. Make sure that your clients positively will not try to keep any undersize fish etc. Not much of a problem with Mukies but size and bag limits of panfish, Walleyes etc can change from lake to lake these days.
Larry Ramsell
Posted 4/7/2007 6:44 AM (#249413 - in reply to #249216)

The guide fee for non residents is $100.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)