Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Frabill Big Kahuna is not Too big...

Message Subject: Frabill Big Kahuna is not Too big...
Mark H.
Posted 7/29/2004 12:19 PM (#113503)
Subject: Frabill Big Kahuna is not Too big...

To those considering a new net I know that Frabill's Big Kahuna can be a bit intimidating when you see it in the store. I got a new one last week and yesterday evening had the opportunity to use it for the first time. Scooped up a 41"er with no problems at all, what I really liked was that a fish this size was literally able to swim, yes swim, upright in the net with room to spare. Sure makes for a great holding pen.

I had been using the Big Game series prior to this, I liked it allot but wanted to try the larger net so meduim sized and larger fish had enought room to be reasonalbly comfortable. One concern was room in the boat but I tweeked the hoop a bit to make it a little more elongated and it fits on the floor of my boat just fine.

So if your debating between the Big Game or Big Kahuna... I suggest trying the Big Kahuna...You won't be disappointed...

A Frabill customer is a happy customer
lobi
Posted 7/29/2004 3:05 PM (#113518 - in reply to #113503)
Subject: RE: Frabill Big Kahuna is not Too big...

Big nets do always seem to be in the way. I just added a foot long piece of pvc pipe with a couple of band clamps to one of the uprights on the bow rail on my boat. When I'm trolling it is hanging out over the front of the boat at a 45 way out of the way but easy and quick to grab. It still lays on the floor when I'm casting however but I can't seem to hurt it stepping on it. The big problem with trolling is pulling up other rods to clear the water for the guy fighting the fish. These rods seem to get hastily dropped down in the boat and all those trebles will quickly find the net for sure. I don't know how big mine is compared to a Big Kahuna but it is a biggin' I agree you can't have too big of a net for successfully scooping a large Ski into it, especially if they come in pretty "green".
JWB475
Posted 7/29/2004 6:17 PM (#113544 - in reply to #113518)

I have the Big Kahuna as well, I love it - except when I am alone, as it is pretty heavy and hard to handle by yourself.

One question I have, what is that rubber flap/piece for that slides up and down the handle?
Beaver
Posted 7/29/2004 6:55 PM (#113545 - in reply to #113503)

No matter what you fish for, Frabill has a great net for you.
I've got nets for walleyes, for muskies and even for scooping eaters out of the livewell.
I have never had a problem with a Frabill product, and will use nothing else
Beaver
Trophymuskie
Posted 7/29/2004 7:53 PM (#113548 - in reply to #113544)

JWB475 - 7/29/2004 7:17 PM

One question I have, what is that rubber flap/piece for that slides up and down the handle?

That flap is to hold onto your netting, it helps to keep it tight to the hoop vs hangning when moving it around.

I love my big Kahuna, first fish in her was bent good, LOL it was 54.5 inches long tho. That's the best part is that if the fish is bent in that net well you got a hell of a nice fish.
Gander Mt Guide
Posted 7/30/2004 10:57 AM (#113594 - in reply to #113503)

I have to second the Big K.....love it, you can never have a net too big and Frabill makes a quality product.
sworrall
Posted 7/31/2004 6:22 PM (#113690 - in reply to #113594)

The Big Kahuna is one heck of a net, providing a release pen at boatside even for the guys with the HUGE deep V models. Makes it easy to handle the fish with long pliers, and keeps the fish happy an healthy.
Evar D
Posted 8/11/2004 2:34 PM (#114924 - in reply to #113503)

No the Big kahuna isnt too big, but it doesnt float. My father and I had just purchased a new Kahuna and went fishing in
lake Manona. We stopped and started to fish when I noticed I couldnt see the new net. In a 17'6 Stratos I should be able to see the net. I looked back and only wondered if I just gave the net to a few fish in the bottom of the lake. A $150.00 gift for some more structure. Now i just bought a big game and I hope it doesnt find its way to the drink. Frabill lover.
GOTONE
Posted 8/11/2004 2:45 PM (#114928 - in reply to #113503)

Evar, I'll check Lake Monona for a new crib!!! I've got the Big Game and love it, maybe I'm not catching big enough fish for the Kahuna????
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)