Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Upgrading my Boat - Looking for Advice!

Reply New post
Message Subject: Upgrading my Boat - Looking for Advice!
Tahoe
Posted 7/3/2003 7:39 PM (#74963)
Subject: Upgrading my Boat - Looking for Advice!

Bought a Crestliner 1600 Angler last year and it has served me well.
with the kids getting bigger and now that the wife likes to be on the boat, I do need a boat that is wider and smoother. Those waters on Tonka can get rough. I love my boat as I have a great big casting platform!
But I would like all the goodies I miss today! I'd basically want a fully rigged machine with power!

So, I have looked at more Crestliners, I like the Sportfish series for the family. The Muskie edition is appealing as well.
Rangers are awesome, but there would no way I could afford one (Or at least I do not know if I can?).....If I did go Ranger, I'd go the 620 route.

No Lunds here - sorry....Are these New Tracker Tundra's any good? They sure do look sharp and from the video I watched, they look smooth!

I do know that I'd like to test drive whatever I choose....Who test drives on Tonka?

muskyone
Posted 7/5/2003 8:06 PM (#75033 - in reply to #74963)
Subject: RE: Upgrading my Boat - Looking for Advice!

Tahoe, give Frankie's Marine a call in Chisago City. 651-257-6334 Ask to talk to Frankie Jr. Tell him that you are looking for a maybe year old or so 620. (the 619s are also really nice) Ask about one of the sponsored pros boats if any are available. Tell him that Mike Hoen sent you in to see him. Also the Patriots that Steve Worrall reps look great as well. Talk to him also. I know that you said no Lunds, but check out Sheps boat in the classified section. Also Justin and Crash's Rangers.
Shep
Posted 7/5/2003 10:20 PM (#75038 - in reply to #75033)

Can't go wrong with a 620. And plenty of them out there, too. I was lucky enough to spend an entire week in a 620 on Erie last month, and they are great boats.

I also got to spend 2 days in Steve's new Patriot. I was very impressed with this boat. We were in some nasty water on Bago, and this boat handled it with ease. I only got wet once, but that was the driver's fault! Seriously, the 2050 Patriot is a real nice boat. It's fast, roomy, has good storage up front, and Steve is working on a removeable rear casting deck. WIth the 250 Opt, this thing is a rocket ship. I believe even a 200 would push it mid to high 50's. Definately get in touch with Steve to arrange a test drive.
Tahoe
Posted 7/6/2003 1:57 PM (#75061 - in reply to #74963)

Any thoughts on a Crestliner Sportfish series?
Plenty of room for the wife to lay down and sun tan!
Muskie Treats
Posted 7/7/2003 9:00 AM (#75146 - in reply to #74963)

The Cajun's for sale CHEAP!!!!!!

Your wife would love it and for the price I'm asking you can't go wrong!!!

Call me 612-201-0209

Treats
dpratt
Posted 7/7/2003 10:55 AM (#75164 - in reply to #74963)

I originally looked at the Sportfish because of the "lounging" areas for my wife. I was surprised to discover that the Musky Edition was more comfortable for her (and me). The bow seats on the Sport force you to sit completely upright, which isn't my idea of relaxing.

Have the family get into a musky edition. I think you'll be surprised. The casting decks are big enough to lay on and get a tan (or whatever)comfortably.
MuskyPippo
Posted 7/7/2003 10:51 PM (#75251 - in reply to #75164)

I went the upgrade to 620 route and let me say that there is no looking back. Every time I step into my boat it's just a shock. It is truly a fishing machine and is awsome for Ski's. I do everything in my boat and there is not a thing I can complain about. There is more than enough storage, 50" livewell and sooo much room. It's truly a pleasure to fish from. If you have the itch and are willing to put up the bucks you will not be disappointed. If you have any questions on it feel free to e-mail me.

-Phil C.

Posted 7/23/2003 12:05 AM (#76623 - in reply to #74963)

I have got to add my 2 cents. I ran a 620, great boat. However, I might suggest a look at the Patriot lineup. The hull is unbelieveable, and built as good or better than any. The 20 foot boat will flat out move with a 250 on it, and I am told it does well with a 150. With a 225, comperably rigged to one of the Big Brands, the 2050 will be a few thousand less! But there is also the 17 foot line, which is closer to 18 feet long. That baby will scream with the 150 (Max HP) on it and it will do very well with a 135. A definate cost savings over other brands, comperably rigged. Just my 2 cents.

Posted 7/24/2003 10:12 PM (#76764 - in reply to #76623)

The 2050 with a 150 runs REAL GPS speed at 50 to 52.. I do know of a couple rigged 03 and 04 units that will be for sale soon, at a very attractive price. The average retail is about $6000 to $11,000 less than the 'competition' tax included, out the door. Great boat at a great price.

The 1710 is very roomy, will be a rocket with a 150, and will be available in about a month.

[email protected]--

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)