Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> MN Swap Meet

Message Subject: MN Swap Meet
John Cochems
Posted 4/1/2013 1:08 PM (#631096)
Subject: MN Swap Meet

Hey Guys, when and where is the swap meet this year?

Thanks,

John
FAT-SKI
Posted 4/1/2013 2:11 PM (#631114 - in reply to #631096)
Subject: RE: MN Swap Meet

O'garas Irish Pub in St. paul. I think it starts at 7pm Saturday the 6th.
happy hooker
Posted 4/1/2013 2:16 PM (#631117 - in reply to #631114)

Im one of the guys who help organize put up a post with all details latter,,,its a busy week
Posted 4/1/2013 8:49 PM (#631235 - in reply to #631096)

From another website:

Things are all set for the Swap. Official Hours are 7 PM to "as long as you want to party" No entry fee. O'Gara's is on the corner of Snelling and Selby, one block south and six blocks west of the Expo. O'Gara's parking lot often fills but there is free parking across the street at the Associated Bank. That guy in the lot is not there to collect a parking fee, he is just a security guard. Last year we had the Jameson Gals giving free "Jameson and Gingers" starting about 9 PM.

Greg Ide

(O'Gara's Garage is now renamed the Shanty. Saturday night will be "Shake the Shanty" night in the Shanty. Shanty fills with busloads of college students starting about 10:30 PM. Last time I was there I ended up with lots of 20 something gals sitting on my lap for their Facebook posts-Kinda like Santa. Made me feel old, but still photogenic.

Jameson Gals have been contacted!)
Tim Schmitz
Posted 4/2/2013 8:25 AM (#631304 - in reply to #631096)
Subject: Re: MN Swap Meet

That's awesome! I'm bringing a huge pile of baits to sell and using the proceeds to lure a trophy in!
happy hooker
Posted 4/2/2013 3:57 PM (#631438 - in reply to #631304)

Greg is my partner in organizing the swap and his post pretty much nails it.

Not alot to say same deal has the past 14 years ,,,bring it all Rods,lures,nets,reels or a boat in the parking lot but get there EARLY tables go fast,,its suppose to start at 7 but there will be guys there at 4:30 lookin to scam the hot deals.
Kids and family are welcome in fact its kids who usually worm out the best prices from guys

Make a nite of it
O'Garas has excelent food most guys get dinner,,spend all of your money on the great deals but you might want to reserve some for cab fare because O'Garas will have many drink specials during the nite-check out their website for details

''Shake The ShantY"
in my middle agedom scoring at O'Garas is now finding a mint condition Low Rider or LeLure but you young guys may look elseware, Shake the Shanty dance party is on the "todo" list of most TC area young women,,they bus em in- literally with shuttle buses

its called a swap meet but its more of hangout to continue the expo sat nite,,,and if your at the show fri there are a number of guys who hang out at O'Garas after the show too

Edited by happy hooker 4/2/2013 3:59 PM
shaley
Posted 4/2/2013 5:48 PM (#631466 - in reply to #631438)

What will you be bringing Tim? I can pay in drinks LOL
Propster
Posted 4/2/2013 6:52 PM (#631479 - in reply to #631096)

Watch out for the guys that "use" kids to get deals on baits. We're suckers giving the kids a great deal or free baits trying to encourage their participation, only to watch them run to the other end of the room and give it to the scammers. Couple of em doing it last year. Other than that it's a good time.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)