Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Fox Chain of Lakes

Message Subject: Fox Chain of Lakes
toothycritter88
Posted 9/10/2011 10:34 AM (#515875)
Subject: Fox Chain of Lakes

back in 09 i had a stellar year with muskies, and it seemed things declined in 2010 and 2011. i go days with out seeing anything.. anyone fish up there and have some of the same issues? its beggining to get really aggravating.
MuskyFix
Posted 9/10/2011 1:58 PM (#515890 - in reply to #515875)
Subject: RE: Fox Chain of Lakes

The Forage has changed (explosion of shad).. In the spring allot of the shad died from the winter months, it makes it easy for the muskies to feed on them.
This year spring was tough but the summer came and fishing was good.. Just pay attention to what their feeding on and try and match the hatch, The shallow muskies have been targeting perch, bluegills and white bass when their shallow, I'm sure there are muskies following the shad as well. With this cool down fishing has been good.

Edited by MuskyFix 9/10/2011 2:00 PM
gerald
Posted 9/10/2011 2:07 PM (#515892 - in reply to #515875)
Subject: RE: Fox Chain of Lakes

Its been that way the past two years. Look the overall numbers and reports coming out of there its been tuff. Not saying they cant be caught but you certainly have to work hard to figure it out and get your opportunities. I have heard of one fish over 45 inches coming out of there this year and it was in June. Not saying there havent been more but think back to 09 and the numbers of low to mid forties and a bit larger coming out of there. The average fish is getting chunkier for the most part however. Ive read a few reports here and there and some guys who fish there 4 5 days a week have low forties as their biggest fish. Like I said its been tuff I'm sure others will chime in. tight linesdmices
toothycritter88
Posted 9/12/2011 11:04 AM (#516105 - in reply to #515875)
Subject: Re: Fox Chain of Lakes

In 09 I had a few days where I caught multiple fish one day had a 48 and a 39 next time out a 42 and that was all in July of 09. Then the fishing kinda died out for me. Last year I fished the spring challunge on the chain and we placed 6th place caught a couple n seen a ton of em. But I didn't go out much last year afterwards. But this year my first time out in may we got 2 and seen a few n then it came to we would see like 5 or 6 but couldn't get em to go. And now its to the point where we are lucky if we see one. Idk if its jus getting over fished or if there is an over abundance of food for them or I'm jus fishing the wrong spots even tho the spots I fish always used to produce fish.
MuskyStalker
Posted 9/14/2011 5:46 PM (#516573 - in reply to #515875)

The numbers and size are increasing, but it has been very fickle as far as patterns. The spring was a very slow start but June really took off at the end of the month with a shallow twitch bait bite. As the heat came on, the bite changed to very early mornings on topwater and smaller twitchbaits. Lately it's been stick baits and now finally blades. The huge double 10 bite of the last few years never materialized. All I can say is that size, color, and retrieve have been very key this year, and it seems like the pattern changes every week.
toothycritter88
Posted 9/15/2011 11:01 AM (#516701 - in reply to #515875)

I was out last night there at it again. We Threw everything from a glidin rap, believer, super stalker, shallow raider, to phantom softtails n nothing fished from 14 ft to 6 to 7 water was around 67 degrees. Grilled some cranks for an hour n nothing n jus at sundown I got 2 to lazy follow a cowgirl but at boatside jus followed lazy then swam off.
wallydiven
Posted 9/20/2011 3:11 PM (#517402 - in reply to #516701)

toothycritter88 - 9/15/2011 11:01 AM

I was out last night there at it again. We Threw everything from a glidin rap, believer, super stalker, shallow raider, to phantom softtails n nothing fished from 14 ft to 6 to 7 water was around 67 degrees. Grilled some cranks for an hour n nothing n jus at sundown I got 2 to lazy follow a cowgirl but at boatside jus followed lazy then swam off.
My guess is that they were full of Modivaters! lol
toothycritter88
Posted 9/22/2011 2:15 PM (#517720 - in reply to #515875)

Anybody throwing anything out there that's working?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)