Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Muskies are like women, sometimes they don't like anything." -my boat partner last night.
- (Added by: JKahler)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> wildlife airbrush paint

Message Subject: wildlife airbrush paint
lineman
Posted 4/26/2011 7:25 AM (#495155)
Subject: wildlife airbrush paint

Has anyone tryed this paint (wildlife) and did you have any luck? Looking for something differnet createx seems to bond better to the E-tex then the bait. Have tried a few others not happy some even repelled the E-tex. Thanks for the help
little one
Posted 4/26/2011 7:53 AM (#495159 - in reply to #495155)
Subject: RE: wildlife airbrush paint

I haven't tried the wildlife paint but I started spraying water based acrylics made for models that you can pick up at hoby shops or artsy stores. Excelent colors and they seem to spray and bond well
h2os2t
Posted 4/26/2011 8:43 AM (#495173 - in reply to #495155)

The issues you mention can be caused by the paint not being dry completely. I have used the wildlife stuff and can be issues with them also.
rjbass
Posted 4/26/2011 9:47 AM (#495182 - in reply to #495155)

Wildlife colors by Smith Paints....awesome paint. I use it in combination with createx, Golden and Polytranspar and have no problem with it and Etex. It is used alot by taxidermists. Great colors...

Rod
FUBAR
Posted 4/27/2011 7:01 PM (#495550 - in reply to #495155)
Subject: Re: wildlife airbrush paint

I've also used the Polytranspar Taxidermy paints with Createx with good results using E-Tex.

Mark
Kingfisher
Posted 4/28/2011 9:33 AM (#495654 - in reply to #495155)

I have had some experience with Wildlife flip flop colors and have had some repelling of the etex . The paint was completely dry. I am a little confused as to why it did what it did. On lures that only get one coat of epoxy it was terrible. On lures with multiple coats it looked better. Still it will repel envirotex. Yes it is taxidermy paint. What I Might try is a clear coat inbetween the paint and the etex or maybe a different top coat like New Lustre 55 , Mike
Stan Durst 1
Posted 4/28/2011 3:45 PM (#495738 - in reply to #495654)

I had thought about using the flip flop colors but thought twice as I use all solvent based lacquer other wise and wasn't sure about the compatibility of the two.
Contact the retailer or the manufacturer and you should be able to get some info.
rjbass
Posted 4/28/2011 4:45 PM (#495755 - in reply to #495654)

Mike,
Maybe that is why I have never had a reaction as I always use a mid coat clear after each coat of paint.

Rod
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)