Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Back from vermillion

Message Subject: Back from vermillion
guts
Posted 9/1/2007 9:49 PM (#272905)
Subject: Back from vermillion

just got back today SLOW on the west end saw 11 fish in a week one over 50'' but most in the 30-45 range no sertain pattern saw fish on rock piles weeds reefs and weed rock combos on cowgirls bulldawgs suicks but no topwater moveing did get a 40 inch pike which ill post a pic of if its ok once i get it sent to me

\

guts

Posted 9/1/2007 11:12 PM (#272920 - in reply to #272905)
Subject: RE: Back from vermillion

i stayed on the west end like a month ago. saw a couple muskies cause a few pike nothing real big though. hooked into a monster. whered you stay?
der vasservolf
Posted 9/2/2007 6:59 AM (#272955 - in reply to #272905)

Sounds like my trip to Vermilion on the West end Aug 11-18. The three musky fisherman in my party saw 11 muskies, a couple big ones, but nothing caught or on the hook for long. Saw most of them on weedlines. Fished hard, my partner caught a 39" pike.

While we were there, some "friends of a friend" were on the East end and caught 6 or 7 in two days. I like to think the East end was where the action was, and not our fishing skills! The guide "Ace" mentioned recently on here that the musky action was hot on the East end, slow on the West, so I'll go with that!
guts
Posted 9/2/2007 10:49 AM (#272976 - in reply to #272905)
Subject: Re: Back from vermillion

guest i stayed at perhsons lodge you?

der vasservolf it did seem like the east end was hot this year but ill keep going to the west end
fish4musky1
Posted 9/2/2007 11:14 AM (#272978 - in reply to #272905)

i bet youll get your first with jonesi then
Top H2O
Posted 9/3/2007 9:16 PM (#273141 - in reply to #272978)

Thurs,. boated 2 nice feisty low 40" fish and saw at least 8 other fish including a couple of Tankers on the east end

Mag. Dawgs and twitching 9" Grandmas seamed to move the fish the most, and lost a nice 50+" in about 12' of water on Wensd. of last week.

Water temps are about 69-71* on the east end, not as much preasure during the week.

I'll be back at it this Wens day for sure.

Jerome
KARLOUTDOORS
Posted 9/16/2007 11:32 PM (#275246 - in reply to #273141)

Back from my first trip to Big V. One week on the lake and only 6 follows to report. Fished MANY spots East of Greenwood bay all the way to islands east of Raspberry Island. Trolled and casted weeds, rocks/reefs points islands, flats mid lake etc. Was neat to learn about a lake I've never been to before. Fished one day with Terry "Ace"Sjoberg (sp?) Thanks for the intro to Vermilion. I'd recommend him to anyone headed out there. the weather for the most part really sucked. we had one day of HIGH winds (30+ ALL day) couldnt even get on the lake. most of the other days we had winds 15-25. Saw my first snow squall of the year. Also saw the lowest temps of the season, low 30's. We were staying at Bayview. We even pulled out at Everett Bay and trailered over to the east end to try to reach fisihable waters that didnt have 3 footers tossing us around. That only netted me a 5 lb smallie on a bucktail. tough conditions for sure. Too many fronts coming through. We also saw winds from north, N/NW, W, SW, S, S/E and Even E winds. Water temps were 60 +/- and dropping with the cold nights and constant winds. We did manage walleys w/o much difficulty. and a nice fat 32" northern while trolling walleys. We were in the midst of a good walleye pattern and hooked the northen and of course thought OH YES big eye. Not a walleye but a fat 32" pike. Cant wait to get back up there probably will try mid aug neaxt year. Weather reports call for better, more stable, seasonal patterns to return in the coming week.
Karl
krats
Posted 9/18/2007 7:10 PM (#275567 - in reply to #272905)

Can anyone give me a report from the Frazer Bay area?

I am going up to Vermilion on Friday early enough to be on the lake for sunrise and this is the first time I have fished the lake.

I am staying at a place on the south shore of Frazer Bay.

Thanks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)