Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Muskies are nasty. They stink. They taste bad. They are hard to catch and will disappoint even the most devoted angler. The lures required cost more than some women's jewelry. The rods and reels require a remortgage of the house. The boat is always worth more than the tow vehicle. Sure beats the hell out of golf.
- (Added by: sworrall)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Club Information and Announcements -> Invitation to the MN Chapters of Muskies Inc.

Message Subject: Invitation to the MN Chapters of Muskies Inc.
Derrys
Posted 5/22/2007 6:35 PM (#257377)
Subject: Invitation to the MN Chapters of Muskies Inc.

Last year, the Fargo-Moorhead Chapter of Muskies Inc. invited members of the Vikingland Chapter to join us in a day of fishing. We spent the day on West Battle Lake in West-Central Minnesota, and had a great time. As I recall, about 20 people fished, catching 14 Muskies. Jeff Anderson from Vikingland caught a 51.5 inch beauty. We met for dinner afterwards to discuss the day on the water, and introduce ourselves to our fellow MI members from Alexandria.

Well, this year we decided to change things up a bit. We’re inviting members from ANY Minnesota Chapter of Muskies Inc. to join us. This is not a tournament, but rather a gathering of members of MI in an effort to promote camaraderie, meet new people, and for some of you, to fish new water. I guarantee you’ll have a good time.

We’ll fish West Battle Lake on Saturday, October 6th. The fishing hours will be from 8am to 5pm, but you can start and finish whenever you like. We’ll meet in Battle Lake at the Shoreline Restaurant for dinner at 5pm. It’s right down the road, South of the West access. You can order whatever you like off the menu, as people will be covering their own meal cost.

If you’re still undecided about attending, let me further entice you with some recent figures. In the netting done on West Battle Lake this spring, they had a total of 91 fish. Way more than half of those were over 40 inches, and 4 of them were over 50 inches, including a 53 inch fish. There are some nice fish waiting to be caught. Although this is not really a tournament, the Fargo-Moorhead Chapter will be providing some type of traveling trophy.

Please contact me if you’d like to join us in this “Minnesota Chapter Challunge”. Thanks.

Brad Waldera
[email protected]
701-642-1952

Hope to see you there.
Muskie Treats
Posted 5/30/2007 7:36 PM (#258737 - in reply to #257377)
Subject: Re: Invitation to the MN Chapters of Muskies Inc.

There'll be some people from the TC Chapter there!
Derrys
Posted 5/30/2007 9:54 PM (#258761 - in reply to #257377)

Sounds great. When it gets closer, and if you happen to remember, can you let me know how many? Thanks. See you there.
jnelson
Posted 7/13/2007 9:57 PM (#265228 - in reply to #257377)
Subject: RE: Invitation to the MN Chapters of Muskies Inc.

Derry's I'll bring this up at our next southern MN meeting and see if we have anyone interested other than myself, maybe we could send a couple of boats.
Derrys
Posted 7/13/2007 10:09 PM (#265231 - in reply to #257377)

Sounds great. There's sure to be some nice fish caught.
Eric E
Posted 7/15/2007 4:13 PM (#265368 - in reply to #257377)
Subject: RE: Invitation to the MN Chapters of Muskies Inc.

I'll bring this up to our North Metro members as well....we're sure to have a few people interested in coming up to join in the festivities.

Derrys
Posted 9/22/2007 5:34 PM (#276098 - in reply to #257377)

Just thought I'd remind everyone about this. Sounds like we've got guys coming from St. Cloud, Alexandria, and Minneapolis.

We'll meet in the bar at the Shoreline Restaurant from 5-6pm, then have dinner afterwards. We're all responsible for our own meal, and will be ordering from the menu. See you there.
Marc J
Posted 9/25/2007 4:59 PM (#276519 - in reply to #276098)

Probably will be more musky boats when we're all up there than any other time I've ever fished the lake. Maybe I'm just fishing the wrong spots!!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)