Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> VIDEO: Row Troller at the Milwaukee Show

Reply New post
Message Subject: VIDEO: Row Troller at the Milwaukee Show
Decoy
Posted 2/10/2007 6:51 PM (#237979)
Subject: VIDEO: Row Troller at the Milwaukee Show

Looked at the new Row Troller at the milwaukee Muskie Show yesterday, does anyone have any comments about the boat? I thought it looked good for one person with equipment. Two might be pushing it. Weight said to be about 100 lbs..

Also, without water testing it, how would the stability be in moderatly rough weather, fighting,neting and releasing a Musky?

What are your thoughts as to the price--$3,999 with tralier & oars?
Justin Gaiche
Posted 2/10/2007 8:11 PM (#237993 - in reply to #237979)
Subject: RE: Row Troller at the Milwaukee Show

I thought the boat was really neat. If I lived alone on a lake, I would spend every day in it. However, if you want to cover a lot of water, row with 2-3 people and have the comforts of a full-size boat, you can't find anything better than the little 14' Tuffy. You can have two people rowing and a third for rotation to keep the arms fresh, handle 2' chop and store all of the necessary gear you could imagine. Best of all, it's still a fishing boat you can drive around a lake with and stand in cast. It's quite possiby the best choice (or an Esox Ltd. if your in good health) for both rowing and casting. You can get the boat and trailer (with no motor like the rower) for little more.
buddysolberg
Posted 2/10/2007 9:08 PM (#237997 - in reply to #237979)

I liked the boat but didn't get a chance to talk to Patricia Strutz about it. Who makes the boat and where can you purchase one or is that the only one available. I couldn't find any manufacturers labels on it.

Buddy
rowhunter
Posted 2/11/2007 9:06 AM (#238034 - in reply to #237979)

Affordable,functionable row troller for one person, I think it would be a bit cramped for two. Nice hull design with narrow entry,ample beam for stability,and wine glass transom for glide after a stroke.With the addition of a sliding seat, electronics, and a couple rod holders I believe you could comfortably row troll for hours. As far as room in the boat, it is pretty standard for a row troller,you just bring only what you need.
That being said, I think I still prefer mine!!!

Douglas

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMG_0058.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0058.jpg (20KB - 205 downloads)
greenduck
Posted 2/11/2007 11:10 AM (#238051 - in reply to #237979)

People will disagree but I thought 4 grand for that was pretty steep.
Pete Stoltman
Posted 2/12/2007 2:04 AM (#238190 - in reply to #237979)

At this point the boat is only available at Heckel's Marina. My understanding is that Heckel's purchased the mold for this design and is having it manufactured for them. The price tag does seem a bit high but I suspect the cost for the mold and manufacturing a fairly limited use boat is not cheap either. Looked to me like the design was ideal for one or two people. Should be pretty maneuverable and reasonably fast.
sworrall
Posted 2/12/2007 11:02 AM (#238244 - in reply to #238190)

After the Pro Edge clip there's a clip showing the boat while speaking with Patricia Strutz.

Perfect Drift
Posted 2/13/2007 9:51 AM (#238483 - in reply to #237979)
Subject: RE: VIDEO: Row Troller at the Milwaukee Show

Nice boat! I,m hoping Patrica will have it in New London next month so I can take a few laps in the pool..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)