Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Winter

Message Subject: Winter
OH Musky
Posted 10/20/2022 5:21 PM (#1013965 - in reply to #1013912)
Subject: Re: Winter

sworrall - 10/19/2022 11:28 AM

A monthly newsletter is emailed out to every chapter for distribution to members. If you are not seeing the newsletter, ask your Chapter president to send you a copy.

Wow...I've yet to receive a newsletter from MI thru the chapter I belong to (2 hours away). Nothing on their website links to it either. I get it that some chapter's sites are bad or down. FB makes it to easy to not use it. I have personal reasons for not using FB due to being banned multiple times because someone with a differing opinion didn't like mine. No discussion , no reasoning, just BAM! So, I stay away.

I'm neither technology challenged nor against it. I use it everyday, and I'm asked daily how to use what we have a work (mostly MS products). All I'm saying to to not lose focus on us older folks while trying to recruit younger ones. Retention needs to be a major focus as well.
ToddM
Posted 10/21/2022 12:39 AM (#1013971 - in reply to #1013747)

We get the international newsletter throughout chapter rep through constant contact and on our FB page. It does get emailed to the chapters.
Abu7000
Posted 10/22/2022 4:10 PM (#1014010 - in reply to #1013971)

I bailed on Chapter 39 of Muskie Inc after several years of no paper copy of the monthly news letter mailing, no digital monthly news letter, no response to repeated emails asking about the missing news letter. It has been a while but I doubt I would ever reestablish a Chapter 39 membership. A number of my muskie fishing partners have had the same experience with 39. I wonder, how many other chapters are losing members for similar reasons? I don't expect much from a chapter other than some timely communication that establishs a sense membership.
ToddM
Posted 10/22/2022 4:44 PM (#1014011 - in reply to #1014010)

Abu7000 - 10/22/2022 4:10 PM

I bailed on Chapter 39 of Muskie Inc after several years of no paper copy of the monthly news letter mailing, no digital monthly news letter, no response to repeated emails asking about the missing news letter. It has been a while but I doubt I would ever reestablish a Chapter 39 membership. A number of my muskie fishing partners have had the same experience with 39. I wonder, how many other chapters are losing members for similar reasons? I don't expect much from a chapter other than some timely communication that establishs a sense membership.

Who did you communicate with regarding not getting a digital copy? I get mine every month. It's also been posted on our FB page and our website. Did you change your email? The only person I know of that doesn't get the copy changed email and did nothing to rectify it.
sworrall
Posted 10/23/2022 2:21 PM (#1014033 - in reply to #1013965)

OH Musky - 10/20/2022 5:21 PM

sworrall - 10/19/2022 11:28 AM

A monthly newsletter is emailed out to every chapter for distribution to members. If you are not seeing the newsletter, ask your Chapter president to send you a copy.

Wow...I've yet to receive a newsletter from MI thru the chapter I belong to (2 hours away). Nothing on their website links to it either. I get it that some chapter's sites are bad or down. FB makes it to easy to not use it. I have personal reasons for not using FB due to being banned multiple times because someone with a differing opinion didn't like mine. No discussion , no reasoning, just BAM! So, I stay away.

I'm neither technology challenged nor against it. I use it everyday, and I'm asked daily how to use what we have a work (mostly MS products). All I'm saying to to not lose focus on us older folks while trying to recruit younger ones. Retention needs to be a major focus as well.

A monthly newsletter is emailed out to every chapter for distribution to members. If you are not seeing the newsletter, ask your Chapter president to send you a copy. It's up to the Chapter to distribute the newsletter, as it's a National to Chapter communication. Contact your Chapter president, please.

Retention and recruitment are major focuses through the magazine, calendar, and other activities. At the Chapter level, meetings, outings, banquets, awards, kids activities, tournaments, stocking functions etc are all retention AND recruitment-focused. At the end of the day it's up to all of us individually and through the organization.

Do you have any suggestions for the National? Happy to take all into consideration.
sworrall
Posted 10/23/2022 2:35 PM (#1014034 - in reply to #1014010)

I bailed on Chapter 39 of Muskie Inc after several years of no paper copy of the monthly news letter mailing, no digital monthly news letter, no response to repeated emails asking about the missing news letter. It has been a while but I doubt I would ever reestablish a Chapter 39 membership. A number of my muskie fishing partners have had the same experience with 39. I wonder, how many other chapters are losing members for similar reasons? I don't expect much from a chapter other than some timely communication that establishes a sense membership.

I see the FRV Chapter communications regularly, so that information is going out there. I can only speak to the last year and a half, however. That being said, it's also incumbent upon the Chapter AND members to make sure lines of communication are open on their respective ends. Since most of the positions at MI are volunteer, many times a change in who volunteered currently for that position could be the issue or any number of other things. If needs be, contacting your RR will get things rolling for you.

What is obvious is that the Chapter does really good work on the conservation and youth end of things.

Some chapters may not distribute the National>Chapter piece, preferring to discuss the content relative to each Chapter, if any, at meetings. The intent was to keep the line of communication open between the National BOD and the Chapters.
Abu7000
Posted 10/23/2022 3:44 PM (#1014036 - in reply to #1014011)

ToddM - 10/22/2022 4:44 PM

Who did you communicate with regarding not getting a digital copy? I get mine every month. It's also been posted on our FB page and our website. Did you change your email? The only person I know of that doesn't get the copy changed email and did nothing to rectify it.

Check the web the FRV page has been suspended. I don't see it anywhere...oh well
sworrall
Posted 10/23/2022 4:13 PM (#1014037 - in reply to #1014036)

They have a new website just launched and are looking for a webmaster. It will be updated and finished up later this week.

foxrivermuskies.com
ToddM
Posted 10/23/2022 4:16 PM (#1014038 - in reply to #1014036)

Abu7000 - 10/23/2022 3:44 PM

ToddM - 10/22/2022 4:44 PM

Check the web the FRV page has been suspended. I don't see it anywhere...oh well

We did just go to a new website so that's a work in progress, we hope to get the newsletters uploaded soon. Just to be clear, not picking on you but want to drill down and find out where the issue lies and keep that from happening again. I did share your post with the board so we can discuss any issues as well. We certainly don't like losing members of there is a problem on our end. If you have FB we also post the newsletter there.

https://foxrivermuskies.com/
chuckski
Posted 10/24/2022 3:41 PM (#1014083 - in reply to #1013747)

One of our crew who now deceased belonged to our Colorado Chapter to help my dad with our numbers but he lived in Lisle I don't know what chapter meetings he went to in the Chicago area but was not the closest to his house because the members were friendlier at a farther chapter in Chicago area.
Ranger
Posted 11/1/2022 10:49 PM (#1014282 - in reply to #1013747)

None of this hooey has ever compromised the integrity of Just Ranger Muskie Club of Noth America (JRMCNA).
ToddM
Posted 11/2/2022 2:21 AM (#1014285 - in reply to #1014282)

Ranger - 11/1/2022 10:49 PM

None of this hooey has ever compromised the integrity of Just Ranger Muskie Club of Noth America (JRMCNA).

I've heard of some scandals.
Headlock
Posted 11/12/2022 12:46 AM (#1014538 - in reply to #1013747)

Thousand Island is still 48 degrees.
ToddM
Posted 11/12/2022 10:21 AM (#1014549 - in reply to #1014538)

Headlock - 11/12/2022 12:46 AM

Thousand Island is still 48 degrees.

So what do you think the timeframe will be to successfully cast the first stone of winternet?
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)