Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Chatterbaits?

Message Subject: Chatterbaits?
Masqui-ninja
Posted 10/1/2013 2:25 PM (#666212)
Subject: Chatterbaits?

I'm finding that these things work great for extracting L.M. out of reeds and rice. Does anyone have any experience fishing the Muskie sized versions like the Muskie Innovations Chatterbait or the Northland Stud Finder? I just wanted to hear from those who have fished them before I drop another $25 or a hundo on baits that I might not throw. Thanks!
hoosierhunter
Posted 10/1/2013 2:43 PM (#666220 - in reply to #666212)
Subject: Re: Chatterbaits?

I have a couple and throw them from time to time. Can't say that I have had much luck on them but I have fished with a guy before that swears by them. I throw them most on pressured water to try and give the fish something different.
Grass
Posted 10/1/2013 3:02 PM (#666225 - in reply to #666212)
Subject: RE: Chatterbaits?

I have used them with good results in open water.
Grass,
catfishonthelake
Posted 10/1/2013 3:51 PM (#666243 - in reply to #666225)
Subject: RE: Chatterbaits?

Before I started musky fishing, I hooked a musky fishing from shore on Stonewall Jackson Lake on a bass-sized chatterbait. Didnt land it. Water was chocolate milky. Not sure if that helps.
Brett Carroll
Posted 10/1/2013 5:50 PM (#666293 - in reply to #666212)

The single hook with trailer can be a struggle to keep good hooks in a fish. I actually had decent action on it a couple summers ago. Only problem was that I lost 3 fish that I hooked. Maybe I did something wrong which very easily could have happened but I did catch a couple later on just a Musky Killer which had a treble. You will most likely move a lot of fish just interested in seeing something they don't see every day. I recommend throwing this when you aren't moving fish at all just to change it up.
karol
Posted 10/1/2013 9:28 PM (#666345 - in reply to #666293)

jensenjigs.com has the best chatterbaits hands down!!
bigmckee23
Posted 10/2/2013 9:49 AM (#666400 - in reply to #666212)

My PB came on an all black musky chatterbait... 48.5. That was the only thing the fish wanted that weekend, caught 3 others on it the day and a half prior to the 48.5. Unfortunately, we had to cut the main hook on the big fish so the chatterbait became useless and I didn't have anymore at the time. Haven't had that type of luck on them any other time though. Can't hurt to have something different for them to look at, especially on pressured lakes like stated above. I haven't had the hook up problems that BC had though, all fish hit the net if they bit the chatterbait. Pick up 2 of them in the color you think will work best on your primary lake, or just get black
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)