Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> best leader for swimbaits!

Message Subject: best leader for swimbaits!
leech lake strain
Posted 5/21/2010 7:15 PM (#442053)
Subject: best leader for swimbaits!

I have had some issues with some leaders I am using for casting bulldawgs and some other swimbaits. they like to start to roll or half roll when I rip them! what are some of the best leader s to use for these baits, I think it might be the large snaps and swivels causing this mostly but not sure! Thanks
Tackle Industries
Posted 5/21/2010 9:18 PM (#442074 - in reply to #442053)
Subject: Re: best leader for swimbaits!

Sounds more like you may need to adjust the harness on your swimbaits. For leaders on swimbaits I like the 130# stealth mono leaders.
JMO
James
leech lake strain
Posted 5/22/2010 8:21 AM (#442112 - in reply to #442074)

how do you do that, and why 130# mono just curious. I use alot of your baits too but there not the ones wanting to roll either lol
jasonvkop
Posted 5/22/2010 4:18 PM (#442148 - in reply to #442053)

I make my own out of single strand wire for SuperDs, dawgs, and other swimbaits. Big ball bearing swivel at the connection to the line and a solid ring and O'ring at the connection to the bait. What do you mean 'roll'? Your leaders start to roll??
Targa01
Posted 5/22/2010 7:04 PM (#442157 - in reply to #442053)

I like #130 flouro leaders for dawgs. When you do get a dawg-ball it doesn't ruin the leader like wire. As for the roll I'm assuming your talking about the lure. Like James said just make sure you don't have a huge bend or kink in the harness causing it. Also if you are using shallow versions they will tend to roll more if worked to hard. At least that's what I've noticed with the shallow versions. This gives the baits nice action when worked slower which I like.
leech lake strain
Posted 5/22/2010 8:02 PM (#442161 - in reply to #442157)

yah the lure will go round and round or just start to go way on it's side and stuff. alot of these are brand new and doing it so not sure if I am supposed to bend the bait and try and correct the harness inside or what, I was asuming it was the leader maybe causing it like the snap or swivel causing more resistance on one side or the other but maybe not!
Tackle Industries
Posted 5/22/2010 8:24 PM (#442164 - in reply to #442053)

I like the 130# leaders as they seem really tough and do not "scar" on teeth or hooks much at all. I had one on a rig for over 2 years. Finally changed it just for fun and in case it had oxidized some and got weak. Could not tell at all it was 2 years old. Stealth is the way to go IMO. Good leaders.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)