Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Does anyone own a camera that has a polarized lense?

Message Subject: Does anyone own a camera that has a polarized lense?
muskyhunter24
Posted 4/21/2009 8:00 AM (#373305)
Subject: Does anyone own a camera that has a polarized lense?

The title is pretty self explanatory. I am looking for a camera, preferably digital that either has just a polarized lense or has the option to switch between polarized and regular. One may ask what I need this camera for, well I like to take pictures of spawning muskies and a polarized lense would make the pictures turn out way better. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
sworrall
Posted 4/21/2009 8:09 AM (#373308 - in reply to #373305)
Subject: Re: Does anyone own a camera that has a polarized lense?

Any of the DSLR cameras accept polarized filters. you can buy the filters online.
Tackle Industries
Posted 4/21/2009 10:07 AM (#373346 - in reply to #373305)
Subject: RE: Does anyone own a camera that has a polarized lense?

I have a little round polarized shield for my Archos unit that fits inside the camera lens. I also have used an old pair of polarized sunglasses and popped out the lens and (LOL) taped it to the end of my digital camera for video and taking pictures. Worked great as a temperary patch to get the job done. You can also buy polarized film and cut out what you need and place it over lenses. Best bet is to get a lens made for your unit so you will have a good fit.

Here are some polarized films you can buy:
http://www.rainbowsymphonystore.com/linpolfilshe.html

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=polarized+sheet&_sacat=0&_trks...
esoxfly
Posted 4/21/2009 1:38 PM (#373411 - in reply to #373305)

As has been said, polarization comes from a filter, not usually the lens itself. Some point and shoot cameras claim to have a "glare" feature that you can turn on to take pics through windows and through water, but I'm not sure I buy into that. If you're wanting quality, go DSLR and get a circular polarizer. You can get a standard polarizer, or a circular polarizer. The standard is fixed and the polarization is set at the same angle as the camera. If you need to tilt or rotate the camera, the polarization will be out of phase or angle. The circular polarizer rotates on the front of the camera, so you can keep the camera level, or at whatever angle you want, and then rotate the filter itself to match the polarization of the water. It's like if you tilt your head with polarized glasses on, you can see different angles through the water. It's the same with a filter. If it's not a circular, you have to tilt and rotate the camera to get the right angle, where with a circular polarizer, you just rotate the filter and keep the camera level.
jay lip ripper
Posted 4/21/2009 2:20 PM (#373420 - in reply to #373411)

see, knew there had to be one. glad you put this up cause i was going too.
feedtheworm
Posted 8/3/2009 2:43 PM (#392031 - in reply to #373305)

I use a Nikon Coolpix 8700. I found an attachment for it that allows me to use filters.
It's basically a threaded, aluminum tube that attaches to the front of the camera. A threaded, flared, aluminum hood attaches to the tube and this allows the cameras lens to extend unobstructed. The filters are attached to the hood and it's the correct distance so it doesn't touch the lens.
I found the entire set up with three filters relatively easily (and inexpensively). It's probably a common add on for a lot of different digital cameras. If you use an SLR, it's even easier. You'll just need the filter.

I'll try to include some images. A diagram of what I use & an example of a picture taken with the filter. Sorry they aren't Muskies, just suckers.

Johnny

Edited by feedtheworm 8/3/2009 2:51 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Nikon_8700_72_4.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Nikon_8700_72_4.gif (99KB - 113 downloads)
feedtheworm
Posted 8/3/2009 3:02 PM (#392032 - in reply to #392031)

Sorry, it won't let me upload the Sucker image. I can email it to you if you like.

Johnny

Edited by feedtheworm 8/3/2009 3:10 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)