Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Spotlight

Message Subject: Spotlight
Cowboyhannah
Posted 9/30/2008 9:24 PM (#338685)
Subject: Spotlight

I'm ready to buy my third one...my first plugged into the cig. charger of my 619...it started smoking after I left it plugged in...my second was a chordless that I'd charge off the outlet in my garage....just died...bulb is good, just won't light up.

What are other guys using that they've not had problems with...not sure that's possible, but what the hey.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 9/30/2008 9:50 PM (#338691 - in reply to #338685)
Subject: Re: Spotlight

I to have been through a few of these and have come to the realization that finding one that will last more than a couple seasons is nearly impossible. However, with that said, I do have two right now that have lasted about four or five seasons, but prior to that, it was like two seasons or so on one. The best thing I've found is, store them in a good area and maybe even wrap it in a towel to pad the thing when stored.

To me, it sounds like you just had some bad luck with the first one, that's weird it just started smoking? What candlepower was that? I had one that was 1.5 million candlepower a few years ago and that was too much for the cig lighter. So now I have one that is only 500,000 candlepower and like I said, no problems.

The cordless ones are nice, however, left off a charger for too long the battery in those things just don't last from what I've found. The cordless one I have now last only a few minutes, maybe a max of 10-15 minutes at a full charge but most of the time that's all I need. Whatever you do, with a cordless one, don't have it plugged in your cig. lighter and be using it, not good for it.

Good luck with your next purchase.

Edited by Merckid 9/30/2008 9:52 PM
lambeau
Posted 9/30/2008 10:16 PM (#338695 - in reply to #338691)

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=34...
Tuffdaddy unplugged
Posted 10/2/2008 9:25 PM (#339033 - in reply to #338695)

The one that Lambeau mentions in the link he posted is what I've been using. That thing rocks! I use it out on the big pond night fishing for kings, as well as night fishing for muskies. Love it. You can easilly get the cord out of the way, it hasn't started smoking when plugged in, and you don't have to charge it.

The only bad thing is if you have too many guys in a small area with them on, you might get a plane or helicoptor coming in for a landing. (man, I think I should start drinking again if that's my humor now)
Phoenix
Posted 10/3/2008 9:08 AM (#339077 - in reply to #339033)

Does anyone know if this light is still available at gander?

Steve
lambeau
Posted 10/3/2008 9:29 AM (#339084 - in reply to #339077)

Does anyone know if this light is still available at gander?

i think so.
i saw one the last time i was at the Gander Mtn in Madison, or at least very similar to it.
gtp888
Posted 10/3/2008 11:45 AM (#339123 - in reply to #338685)
Subject: RE: Spotlight

Cyclops 10 million candle power. Got mine at Cabela's in a camo pattern. That mutha lights up stuff well over a 1/2 mile and I'm not exaggerating! Here is a link to the 15 mcp one from a different site, but the 15 mcp is gigantic. I use the shoulder strap that came with my 10 mcp. To use the 15, you may need to rent a crane!

http://www.neobits.com/cyclops_-_c15mil_-_power_spotlight_p30197.ht...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)