Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> takeing pictures with digital camera

Message Subject: takeing pictures with digital camera
Bayboo_baits
Posted 2/23/2007 10:05 PM (#241145)
Subject: takeing pictures with digital camera

Hey guys my wife and i just invested in a digital camera its a hp i cant seem to get the pictures to look good as well as they are to blury any ideas to solve this? is it the lighting? is there a setting in the camera? any feedback apreciated thank you
DEMolishedyou2
Posted 2/23/2007 10:16 PM (#241150 - in reply to #241145)
Subject: RE: takeing pictures with digital camera

I had an old HP digital camera, the pictures were coming out blurry so I cleaned the lens and the pictures came out a lot better.
KARLOUTDOORS
Posted 2/24/2007 12:17 AM (#241156 - in reply to #241145)

Just taking a stab at it here: perhaps you need to allow the camera to focus. This is commonly done by pressing the shutter button only half way(staging). This tells the camera to wake-up, shoot its lazer, and analyze the signal. This usually takes about a half a second. You can then hold off on the shutter momentarily if you wish and then shoot as long as your subject doesnt change is characteristics(size, distance, color brightness, etc.). If you just point and shoot without letting the camera focus you will surely get blurred photos.
Karl
OHIO_HUNTER
Posted 2/24/2007 7:14 AM (#241172 - in reply to #241145)

Some digital cameras have a lag from the time you press the button until it actually takes the picture. Try taking a picture, but holding the camera still for an extra second. A lot of people start to move the camera, thinking the picture was already taken. We had this issue with our first digital camera, but we bought our new one which does not have this lag time. Hope this helps

-Matt
nutty4muskies
Posted 2/24/2007 12:21 PM (#241206 - in reply to #241172)

Also, another tip that helps with cameras of all types...program the flash to where it goes off every time you take a picture...this is called the 'fill-flash' feature.

If you leave your camera set on its default setting of 'automatic,' the camera analyzes all available light...and the background is usually a lot brighter than your subject. This is why the backgrounds look good, but the face is usually underexposed, especially with a hat or visor on the subject.

Also, get the sun behind the camera's back (behind the photographer) This may mean you need to turn the boat, or swap places. I also try to consider what the best looking background will be.

And think of the outer edges of the area you see through the viewfinder as a picture frame...don't take a long range photo of the subject with his fish--fill the frame with the subject matter...I try to get pretty close, where the fish pretty much goes all the way across the image area.

Practice with your camera. That's one of the nice things about a digital. To see what it will really look like, take it in to one of the self-service kiosks (like the one-minute photo machine at Walmart.) Put your digital card into the machine (and the newer Kodak machines will let you zoom, crop, even adjust some of the color and other appearance features.) Practice, practice, practice. Then erase the card. You don't even have to make any prints!!

Finally, take a few photos. I think much of the issue you're having with the focus was covered by a couple of the earlier posts...push the shutter release button down half-way, (some cameras will beep when they're set and ready, or have a light that will go from red to green in the viewfinder...) Not really familiar with your HP camera, but I think that by trying these tips, you'll be much happier with your results. Good luck.

In closing, try to tell the tale of catching the fish...I like to show it in the net, being unhooked, held up for the photo, and then being released...this really makes a nice series of pics in the photo album!

Al Nutty

Kinkaid Lake Guide Service

Been Nutty all my life...the insanity is a recent affliction!!!
lakesuperiorkid
Posted 2/24/2007 6:45 PM (#241261 - in reply to #241145)

Sometimes it's the mega-pixels of the camera itself. The rule goes that higher the pixels the higher the resolution. I have one digital that does the same thing unless everything is exactly right. It's a low resolution camera I bought for use on the job, buildings and such. The newer cameras have lots of settings so you need to take the time to find out what is going on by doing some practice shots. The newer digital is a higher pixel camera and does a better job. Not sold on HP's myself. Cannon's are my choice. Fuiji is making a good line of mid-priced cameras as well. Great resolution everytime. Some of the HP's I read about do not have good sensors in them and thus problems. Depends what you have. What kind of lens?

Still like my old Cannons and 35mm film myself. I'll go with anywhere from 400 to 800 ASA film (low-light and fast action) and manual settings unless there is no time and then auto-focus. Around water always a polarizer. Your camera should have a cord to attach to a USB port on your computer if you have one and came with a photo editor program as well. Saves the trip to Wal-Mart. Electronic meters are fine (every camera now has them) and the new digitals make up for a lot of mistakes with lighting. Google has free photo program out.

I'd suggest a polarizer filter as well for shots into the water with fish, some digitals have settings for this. I'd suggest at least a 3MP camera for good 3x5 to 4x7 prints and for 8x10 a 5MP or up to a 7MP. Camera companies are adding more pixels constantly. Instead of film now the light is digitalized and put on a semiconductor. However, normal film has a pixel rating of 20-million pixels per frame. Prices are coming down and MP is going up. Nikkon has a good 6MP you can usually find reasonable. Professional cameras......$600 to $1000.00 and up.

The other rule........practice.

Edited by lakesuperiorkid 2/24/2007 7:32 PM
rpieske
Posted 2/25/2007 6:12 AM (#241310 - in reply to #241145)
Subject: Re: takeing pictures with digital camera

Karloutdoors has the answer. Almost all of the digital cameras have an auto-focus function. You must depress the shutter half way to let the camer focus, then depress it all the way to take the pictures. Try it....I bet your pics will no longer be blurry.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)