Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Your opinions about 18' Lund Pro V Tiller?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Your opinions about 18' Lund Pro V Tiller?
fishpoop
Posted 10/14/2003 3:18 AM (#84719)
Subject: Your opinions about 18' Lund Pro V Tiller?

Does anyone have a 2002 or 2003 18ft Pro V tiller that they fish Musky out of? I would like any and all comments that you have about the boat,both good and bad. Also what type of motor are you running with it and how well does it push the boat? How well does it troll? What's your top speed,etc?

How dry is the ride in rough water, 2-3 foot waves? Does the boat pound the waves real hard?

Do you think that the boat is wide enough for 2 people with 4 to 5 large muskie boxes to move around in without tripping over gear or each other? How is the storage space? Is there any dry storge?

How much of a hassle is it to get to the trolling motor batteries through the in floor rod locker? Does the rod locker protect the rods?

How many pound thrust bowmount trolling motor do you recommend? What shaft lenght? I would plan on at least a 24 volt system, but do you think 36 volts is better or would that be overkill?

Have you done any modifications to the boat, such as converted live wells to lure compartments with vertical lure tubes to hang baits in?

As I said all comments good or bad would be appreciated!!

Thanks
MikeHulbert
Posted 10/14/2003 8:26 AM (#84731 - in reply to #84719)
Subject: RE: Your opinions about 18' Lund Pro V Tiller?

Thanks for asking the question, because I wanted to know the same. But for a 1996 Lund 18 ft. Pro-V.

I hope people respond!

Mike Hulbert
Pepper
Posted 10/16/2003 12:51 PM (#85071 - in reply to #84719)

My 1800 Pro-v is a 2000 year model and doesn't have a center rod locker. The one I have and the one on a 1996 model is on the side and I can't seem to fit any 6'6" rods or longer into them. Thus I have them out bouncing around in the boat. The boat handles 2-3' waves fine. I have the tiller model and get soaked if the wind is from the "wrong" direction. I would also trim the 4 or 5 large boxes down to 2 or 3. I have a 24 volt system and a 76# thrust Motor Guide on the transom that I use for walleye fishing and it does the job. I also have a MinnKota autopilot up front that gets the job done. The front deck is fine but your fishing out of a well in the back cause the deck back there isn't very wide. The side storage also puts you a foot or so from the side of boat.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 10/16/2003 1:34 PM (#85078 - in reply to #85071)

I had a 1986 Lund that was a tiller, it was 18ft long with a classic 50 Merc for a motor. I went to any body of water I wanted. The boat was light and handled the waves great. The only thing you needed to do is keep the weight toward the back when the waves get over 3ft. I used it at Lake Erie for 10 years and got out when the charters didn't. The key was travel light and keep the nose into the wind.

That was one of the best boats I have ever owned. Great boat plenty of room. I bought it for $7,800.00 and I sold it for $5,000.00. That was 13 years of use for $2,800. Lunds hold there value. Great boat !!!
ToddM
Posted 10/16/2003 2:27 PM (#85090 - in reply to #84719)

If I were to buy an 18ft lund for musky fishing, it would be the 1800 explorer. It's much better laid out for the task.
GregM
Posted 10/17/2003 11:37 AM (#85224 - in reply to #84719)

What Todd said....Poop, did you get my e-mail??
fishpoop
Posted 10/19/2003 2:56 AM (#85320 - in reply to #84719)

Thanks for the responses.

(No I didn't get any e-mails. If it did get to my mailbox then I must have deleatted it thinking it was spam. Opps! Please try again and in the subject header put something about Lund pro v boats. Then for sure I won't deleate it.)

As for the Explorer, doesn't the pro v have more below deck storage? I'll have to look at the catalog again.

Edited by fishpoop 10/19/2003 2:57 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)