Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> 4 stroke motor question..

Reply New post
Message Subject: 4 stroke motor question..
YoMama
Posted 1/9/2008 10:56 AM (#292993 - in reply to #292817)
Subject: Re: 4 stroke motor question..

The Merc 90 in that test was a carbed Yamaha powerhead. Merc just released it's own, all Merc 90 and 115 EFI 4 strokes last year.
Tom P
Posted 1/31/2008 9:23 AM (#297860 - in reply to #287581)
Subject: RE: 4 stroke motor question..

Well I finally decided on a boat and motor, it took 2 months of searching and looking at used Rangers that were like new ( and were not. ) I ended up buying the left over Ranger 618T, But it will have a brand new YAMAHA 90 fourstroke on the back. After some dealing and some extra $ the dealer was willing to switch motors.
Again I would like to thank everyone for there input, and it was a hard decision to make, but the concerns I had about the Mercury were that one dealer told me it was a Yamaha powerhead and another told me that it was Mercury, and I do like the controls better on the Yamaha.
Now I just need open WATER. ( and some Lowrance electronics, marine radio, rod holders,.......more tackle for the bigger boat .....it never ends....

Tom P
Ben K
Posted 1/31/2008 9:37 AM (#297862 - in reply to #287581)

Congrats Tom!! You will definitely enjoy your new rig!!
mskyhntr
Posted 1/31/2008 10:14 AM (#297877 - in reply to #287581)

Way to go Tom...I knew you would see the light!
castmaster
Posted 1/31/2008 4:44 PM (#297982 - in reply to #287581)

Steve,
I've got a question, and your probably the man who can answer it. I've been told several times the main reason we dont see many Honda motors on Pro's rigs is that Honda has little if any sponsorship deals and that Honda doesnt feel a need to promote their motors through Pro sponsorship. Is there any truth to that, or do the majority of the Pro's just not like Honda? I know they are a heavier motor, but you think more guys would run them.
sworrall
Posted 1/31/2008 7:32 PM (#298015 - in reply to #287581)

No sponsorships, no promotions, no reason for a Pro to promote the motor. Not sure on the salty stuff, but non existent on the walleye circuits and nearly so on Bass.
Posted 2/1/2008 3:34 PM (#298251 - in reply to #287996)

Ben K - 12/7/2007 8:17 AM

My yamahas have always started within a split second no matter what the temp was. Sit at the boat launch for a half hour and see who has problems starting there motors. It will never be a yamaha.

I guess you and I never crossed paths at the boat launch, while i was sitting there crank and die, crank and die, crank and die........ahhhhhhh finally my 2004 50 Yamaha tiller starts !!!!!...ok now wait and wait and wait for it to warm up and goooooooooooo....... yep go back to the dealer for another carb adjustment or whatever they would try to do to that thing.....but i do have to say ONCE it warmed up it is a nice running motor. But my new 115 Mercury 4 stroke is a much much much better starting motor and i have had zippo of problems with it so far. My dad runs a Yamaha 115 4 stroke as well and has no problems with that.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)