Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Okuma Nitryx/Nytrix

Message Subject: Okuma Nitryx/Nytrix
Schuler
Posted 3/11/2003 7:46 PM (#63390)
Subject: Okuma Nitryx/Nytrix

Anyone used one of these reels? I just ordered one. They are pretty new. They look like a calcutta in the way they are made, and I have heard they are just like a calcutta. There are 3 sizes, the x-150 x-250 and x-400 (they even used shimano #'s and capacities) The gear is 5.1:1 except the x-150 comes in 5.1:1 and 6.2:1 You can see them in the new cabelas spring master catalog. They sound like a good reel, I just hope they are.
Sponge
Posted 3/11/2003 9:28 PM (#63407 - in reply to #63390)
Subject: RE: Okuma Nitryx/Nytrix

Keep your receipt my young pisces JEDI...always ask BEFORE buying!;) Is the reel in a catalog? I know they make some decent spinning reels popular on the coast here...
Schuler
Posted 3/12/2003 5:11 PM (#63518 - in reply to #63390)

Its on page 21 of the cabelas spring master catalog edition 1. Its also online at okumafishing.com or cabelas.com
Sponge
Posted 3/12/2003 5:26 PM (#63521 - in reply to #63390)

Looks to be ok Zach; give it a shot and if not to your liking, send it back; try it out in your yard w/ a little line on it maybe.
fishkopp
Posted 3/12/2003 6:45 PM (#63530 - in reply to #63390)

I've been hearing many good things of these reels. I bought to new okuma convector line counters , they seem to be constucted very well. I'll let you know this time next year on how well they hold up.I wish you good luck with your reel and may you boat many muskies with it.

quick draw ,quick draw, I thin the ice is getting thinner

Mike k.
LarryJones
Posted 3/13/2003 5:17 AM (#63561 - in reply to #63530)

I've been using Okuma Reels for sometime now.I the Okuma Titus 15L Levelwind w/Leverdrag for Leadcore Line and the Magna 30DX Linecounter with Power Pro.Both reels have held up very good for me,I have four of each onbaord and the Clients like them as well.I also will purchase a couple of the new casting Okuma's and give them a workout.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)