Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Eagle Lake report?

Message Subject: Eagle Lake report?
Last Cast
Posted 8/23/2008 2:13 PM (#333012)
Subject: Eagle Lake report?

We're leaving for Eagle Lake in a week. Anyone got any updates on how things have been recently? Where are they hanging out? Any hot lures?
muskihntr
Posted 8/23/2008 2:26 PM (#333013 - in reply to #333012)
Subject: Re: Eagle Lake report?

lots of useful info here. were headin up next week as well where are you staying?
http://www.andymyerslodge.com/canada_fishing_reports.htm
Last Cast
Posted 8/23/2008 3:44 PM (#333016 - in reply to #333012)

We're heading up to North Shore Lodge. We stayed there 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. Sounds like even though there was a late spring, August is always August on Eagle. I was just curious if any patterns were developing. From reading posts all year, it doesn't seem the the double 10s are the ticket they were last year. In fact, it doesn't seem like anything is really standing out.
dockboylures
Posted 8/23/2008 5:00 PM (#333025 - in reply to #333012)

Ive been hearing that double tens are going pretty good right now and they have to be burned off the rocks.
Musky Brian
Posted 8/23/2008 8:07 PM (#333039 - in reply to #333025)

Just got in this evening from last week. Never fished further west then the back channel, mainly fished Eagle Bay and down south near Eldorado and Muskeg. Pretty slow down south for whatever reason, did very well near the Eagle Bay basin on Blk/Orange spanky baits in both rocks and smaller patches of weeds near big water. Caught 6, lost 2 and really only fished them 60% of the time. Biggest fish was 49", fish seemed to be bunched together. If you catch a fish on a spot, do not be afraid to keep fishing it, several times a very small area held multiple big fish. I didn't see as many fish as usual, however the fish I encountered were all very agressive and hitting on the first outside turn of the 8.

stinger
Posted 8/25/2008 8:58 AM (#333211 - in reply to #333039)

Just back from a week on Eagle... It was slow for our group. Two small muskies in the boat for 4 guys hitting it hard. We saw some nice fish though. Everyone in camp was throwing black/smoke double 10s. I don't ever want to see that bait again. The key was to vary your retrieve: change speed, change direction mid-retrieve, and of course a good figure eight. Fish up to 53" were caught this way.

We saw fish on wind blown submergent weed beds (add rocks and you found the spot). No fish seen off reeds. Big fish were caught on the east side (darker water). But there's plenty of fish to be caught in the west too. I had several big fish follow on noisy topwaters on the west side.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)