Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> See You at the Milwaukee Muskie Expo!

Message Subject: See You at the Milwaukee Muskie Expo!
sworrall
Posted 2/5/2008 9:55 PM (#299230)
Subject: See You at the Milwaukee Muskie Expo!

Opens this Friday, and has just about everything MUSKIE!

See you there...

Next stop.....OHIO!!!!

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(expobanner.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments expobanner.jpg (28KB - 136 downloads)
Steve Van Lieshout
Posted 2/6/2008 6:59 AM (#299267 - in reply to #299230)
Subject: Re: See You at the Milwaukee Muskie Expo!

It is good luck for the show not to be opening today as the local forcast is for from 12"-18" of new snow on the ground by tonight plus 35-40 mph winds by this afternoon.
Things should be a cleaned out by show time for sure!
Of course for rough and tough muskie fishing types, this has no effect upon us!
MuskyHopeful
Posted 2/6/2008 8:19 AM (#299218 - in reply to #299230)
Subject: Friday Show Plans

If you're hitting the Milwaukee Muskie Expo on Friday you should know there are a couple of seminars that should be pretty interesting. I'm hoping to enjoy both of them.

At 3:30 is well known Rhinelander area guide, Norm Wild. Norm is known (at least to me) for vociferously arguing his point that it's not so much the bait or presentation, but being in the right place at the right time. He's also known (to me) for driving his boat really fast, being able to stay up late and still fish long hours, and the ability to apply his sun screen just a little too late in the day, effectively turning his head into an heirloom tomato. He loves Pelican Lake, and it loves him right back.

At 7:00 on Friday, prime-time, which befits a man of his stature, is none other than the father of M1st, and former John Denver look alike, Steve Worrall. It's nice to see Steve is going to put his camera down for a few minutes and offer some of his many, many, many decades of fishing wisdom. Steve is a practitioner of "The Light Touch" school of musky fishing, and I'm assuming there may be some talk of creatures, jigs, and probably a short mention of boat control. He's known to many as the master of the fireside story, for his hideout hospitality, and for his ability to load a mean crock pot with venison sausage and burgers.

I'm looking forward to it guys. I'll save the heckling until after the presentations.

Kevin

Super Tuesday.

(normwild[1].jpg)

(steveworrall[1].jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments normwild[1].jpg (14KB - 144 downloads)
Attachments steveworrall[1].jpg (20KB - 141 downloads)
Steve Van Lieshout
Posted 2/6/2008 8:19 AM (#299266 - in reply to #299218)

All the speakers for the weekend have merit! The benefit of getting "one on one" time before and afterwards with the speakers is great!
I look forward to Mr. Worrell's "contrarian" outlook on muskie fishing at his presentation.
It's great that the show isn't opening today. The local forcast is for 12"-18" of new snow on the ground with 30-40mph winds this afternoon!
ToddM
Posted 2/6/2008 10:47 PM (#299473 - in reply to #299230)
Subject: RE: See You at the Milwaukee Muskie Expo!

Going to be an eggshell weekend for me. I got a call from another supervisor in the north are who tells me on tuesday I am the 24hr on call tech for this week(on call started on monday) and weekend. Nobody gave me the monthly calendar and nobody will take or trade the week. My plans were made months in advance for the musky show and working the tinley park show on sunday. I get a call, gonna be a ticked off customer and boss.
lambeau
Posted 2/7/2008 9:24 AM (#299537 - in reply to #299230)

i'm coming over during the day on Saturday, accompanied by my wife and baby girl.
it'll be a first for both of them going to a fishing expo, always lots to look at so it should be a good time.
please say hello, and give me a chance to show off my new fishing partner!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)