Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lac Vieux Desert

Message Subject: Lac Vieux Desert
John
Posted 8/27/2007 10:58 AM (#271905)
Subject: Lac Vieux Desert

I am heading to LVD this coming weekend. I haven't been there in several years. Just looking for some general advice on how and where to get started. Thanks in advance!

John
Ed BZ
Posted 8/27/2007 3:17 PM (#271958 - in reply to #271905)
Subject: Re: Lac Vieux Desert

Fish the big reef out in front of the deep hole work the weeds on top and the edges you can spend a couple of hours there also work the breaklines off the deep edge on the south end of Rice bay outside edge is better also spend alot of time fishing the deep weeds on the west shore. Those are some excellent starting points.
John
Posted 8/28/2007 3:08 PM (#272135 - in reply to #271905)
Subject: RE: Lac Vieux Desert

Thanks for your help Ed. I just have one question for you. The big reef you speak of is in what area of the lake?

John
ShaneW
Posted 8/28/2007 3:47 PM (#272140 - in reply to #272135)

There's a big reef on the south end of the lake kind of in the middle. I am leaving on Monday to stay at Sunrise Lodge on LVD for two weeks and can't wait. Another good spot this time of year is the the "deep hole" in the southeast corner of Rice Bay. My only concern is that I heard LVD is down a foot and a half which makes that whole bay pretty shallow.

Shane
Ed BZ
Posted 8/28/2007 4:26 PM (#272146 - in reply to #271905)
Subject: Re: Lac Vieux Desert

The lake is low but it isnt that bad it is up a little from what it was you will be able to run were ever you want with the exception of the rocks/gravel between little cow and duck island also fish the deep edge south of the point on misery bay. Long point is good as well there is a good cut on the north east end of the point fish it right into the pencil reeds/bullrush. Stop in on the south shore to Hillside resort for a good bite to eat and check out all the cool mounts and say hi to my pal little rob tell him I sent you and weasle out the latest bite info from him he will hook you up.
Good luck, Ed Beese
scp
Posted 9/5/2007 4:46 PM (#273422 - in reply to #272140)

"Another good spot this time of year is the the "deep hole" in the southeast corner of Rice Bay."

I've raised only one fish on this spot (~ 48"), and I've fished it fairly hard, keep thinking it'll produce.

I've had my best luck on this water in the early morning (4:30-6:30). That's summer, though, never fished here in the fall.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)