Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Worked too much, in order to spend too much, in order to fish too much, in order to get over working too much.
- (Added by: 7.62xJay)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Club Information and Announcements -> Great Youth Story

Message Subject: Great Youth Story
mm12463
Posted 10/13/2006 1:32 AM (#214480)
Subject: Great Youth Story

Our chapter newsletter was sent to me this week. I was on vacation the week that our youth director along with a few other folks fom the Twin Cities and North Metro Chapter of Muskies Inc helped out with the Minneapolis Fish-A-Thon I believe it was called. They did a few different things it sounds like but the story about 9 year Conner caughting a muskie was pretty cool.

Slapped it up on the web. I thought it was a truely great story.

http://www.twincitiesmuskiesinc.org/newsletter.php
Netman
Posted 10/13/2006 7:44 AM (#214505 - in reply to #214480)
Subject: RE: Great Youth Story

Great article, sometimes we forget to post the little things that people do to make fishing so enjoyable for others. There's a program with the Police in Pewaukee called "COPS and BOBBERS" that does great things for the kids in this area. Also there a ice fishing program with the Sportmans club that spends a weekend on the lake with the kids showing them how to ice fish.

There's a cool qoute that maybe someone can help with about teaching kids to fish............

Bruce
Hunter4
Posted 10/13/2006 7:45 AM (#214507 - in reply to #214480)

Hi,

People who belong to MI. take a look at the article and ask yourself this question. Is'nt this a big reason for why I joined MI. in the first place? This is a great story that shows us what a great club MI. can be. Thanks for posting this. I feel better about myself and our club.

Dave
muskyboy
Posted 10/13/2006 8:05 AM (#214508 - in reply to #214480)

That is a great story Mike, thank you for posting it. MI should focus exclusively on youth programs, research, and stocking, and we should have more programs helping children learn about fishing
Derrys
Posted 10/13/2006 11:40 AM (#214562 - in reply to #214480)

I agree. My Chapter donates to the Boy Scouts every year, and also to a Boys and Girls club. They rented a pontoon and took a bunch of kids fishing, and also used money we donated to buy rods and reels for all the kids. To me, that's better than catching a huge fish any day.

Nice work Blowfish. Coming to DL this week?
mm12463
Posted 10/13/2006 1:02 PM (#214593 - in reply to #214480)

I wanted to come but I have to goto a class on Saturday. First Time Home Buyers class. But it will be worth it with a 5.95 interest rate on the mortgage. So I will miss out, again. Last year I get sick on the 2nd day and this year I have this home buying BS. But it will be worth it. Have my own 'pimp daddy' lair. LOL

Edited by mm12463 10/13/2006 1:03 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)