Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I say fish first talk about it in the winter
- (Added by: Muskiefool)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Can anyone repair my Manta ?

Message Subject: Can anyone repair my Manta ?
muskyman
Posted 1/25/2006 5:29 PM (#173882)
Subject: Can anyone repair my Manta ?

Ok, so we were up in Miles Bay LOTW and I threw my Manta right on top of a reef. They bounce really good ; especially when you bounce them off their back plastic fin that makes the manta do what it does best. So basically the bait had the tail taken right out where the screw holds it in. It broke in a fashion that will not allow another tail to be inserted. One section of the bait itself was also taken out. Now this bait is brand freakin new too, keep that in mind. Can anyone repair her ? I would have felt better if the bait had caught a fish or two. Even a northern. But to break and never caught a fish - that's like dying when your a virgin. I called the people that make the manta and they said it could not be repaired. Can any of you try to fix her ? I would be happy to send it out to anyone who can tinker with baits. Thanks guys
MuskieMike
Posted 1/25/2006 5:32 PM (#173883 - in reply to #173882)
Subject: RE: Can anyone repair my Manta ?

If you've got the piece that is missing, it might be able to be epoxyed back together? Then you can cut a new tail out of Polycarbonate and screw, or epoxy it in. Without the missing piece, it's probably done for.

Edited by MuskieMike 1/25/2006 5:33 PM
muskynightmare
Posted 1/25/2006 5:36 PM (#173887 - in reply to #173882)

If you had all the pieces, I could. I've done it successfully. However, if you do not have all the pieces, I'm thinking you should either chop the remainder of the tail off, glue on a curly tail, and see if she swims squirrelly. If not, shape the tail out, cut a slot, and slide another piece of Lexan in it. If you go this route, I'll send you 2 different sized crank lips to play with if you cover postage. PM me if you want to.
Rob
GMan
Posted 1/26/2006 9:04 AM (#174010 - in reply to #173882)

Sounds like it may be time to say a prayer and move on....
MikeHulbert
Posted 1/26/2006 11:40 AM (#174066 - in reply to #173882)

buy a new one
h2os2t
Posted 1/26/2006 3:48 PM (#174127 - in reply to #173882)

If you can duplicate the lip get some plastic welder epoxy and glue it together and missing parts can be built up with it. Did it for a friend that had one that worked like no other. Unless it is a special bait it is not worth the bother by the time the cost of epoxy and lip gets added up it is cheaper to by a new one.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)