Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Fall lure patterns.

Message Subject: Fall lure patterns.
chuckski
Posted 9/19/2024 8:07 AM (#1030875)
Subject: Fall lure patterns.

Come fall do like Perch pattern, Cisco/white, or Sucker/black/walleye, or something hot FireTiger or orange?
IAJustin
Posted 9/20/2024 6:22 AM (#1030888 - in reply to #1030875)
Subject: Re: Fall lure patterns.

Sure! Whatever bait I want to throw hand me one of those colors. I can tell you story after story where color doesn’t matter, furthermore I’ve said this before, you throw a white pounder all day and catch 3 muskies in a morning November must have been the correct color right? Now two guys are in the boat both throwing white pounders , 5 muskie day all mid 40’s heck one touched the 50” mark…what a day!!! What IF your white pounders went by a 60lb unicorn beast she doesn’t eat it, if you had black on she would’ve!? ….throw what you have confidence in, even when you have the bait dialed in I try to make sure we throw different colors with two guys in the boat…SO much harder to get the bait completely dialed in !!! I’ve found when you really have the bait action, size , plus holding your mouth right to get them to stike on the cast and boatside…get all of that dialed in, yup hand me one of those colors please.

Edited by IAJustin 9/20/2024 6:25 AM
chuckski
Posted 9/20/2024 8:32 AM (#1030891 - in reply to #1030875)

Well color is about 4th on the list behind size, depth, speed, with that said late in the fall whites and blues and silver does real for us, Blue and white Eddie silver Cobb's crazy shad and in the summer months I like a white Bucktail. Walleye colored lures look like suckers to me and my nephew has killed them on a walleye colored Jake and I've have a old Walleye colored WT. Burt with I like (so do the Muskies) and my dad caught a few on my Sucker colored Suick. Perch colored lures seam to rule the day too. You can't go wrong with black or black Perch, Curtain lures just have it and color makes no difference. Get a good pair sun glasses to keep a eye on your lure and your set.
RJ_692
Posted 9/21/2024 9:26 AM (#1030908 - in reply to #1030875)
Subject: RE: Fall lure patterns.

Like cisco and perch, so painted up a cisco perch. fresh off epoxy so no idea if they'll like it or not tho

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Cisco Perch.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Cisco Perch.jpg (51KB - 9 downloads)
chuckski
Posted 9/21/2024 12:30 PM (#1030911 - in reply to #1030875)

Beautiful! Silver of the Cisco the bars of the Perch. I like it.
Ranger
Posted 9/21/2024 6:29 PM (#1030914 - in reply to #1030875)

"I’ve found when you really have the bait action, size , plus holding your mouth right to get them to stike on the cast and boatside…get all of that dialed in, yup hand me one of those colors please."

Yer the Anthony Bourdain of musky fishing. That's a good thing. Up until the end, I guess.

My fall colors are classic, black/silver hair, black Topraider, perch Suick, black/orange glide.

Edited by Ranger 9/21/2024 6:34 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)