Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Leech Lake

Message Subject: Leech Lake
pistolpete314
Posted 7/11/2016 12:16 PM (#823255)
Subject: Leech Lake

Anyone have a report on leech? Been up there a few times and fished mainly cabbage but action was very, very slow. Going up this weekend and hopefully the action picks up, supposedly it does once it gets warmer. Last time we went to Pelican and Bear and didn't have any luck there. Might check out the narrows or walker bay, we are on the north end so that can be a bit of a drive depending on wind.
Herb_b
Posted 7/11/2016 3:59 PM (#823290 - in reply to #823255)
Subject: Re: Leech Lake

I stuck three 35 to 40 inch Muskies on Leech over the fourth of July weekend. I was burning 1 to 2 oz spinner baits over cabbage in 6-8 ft of water. It seemed the faster I cranked, the more action I got. Chartreuse blades with black hair/skirts seemed best. Also, the only place I saw fish was cabbage right next to open water. I didn't see anything up shallow. Just have to keep the hooks sharp, crank like crazy and hold on when they hit.

Good luck.

Edited by Herb_b 7/11/2016 4:04 PM
Toporanger
Posted 7/11/2016 7:53 PM (#823314 - in reply to #823255)
Subject: RE: Leech Lake

The wife got a 37 incher while throwing a shallow invader in 6 to 8 foot around cabbage edges, fast jerks. I was throwing big rattle baits and catching walleye in the same spots lol. Mostly north of Bear Island.

This was the cold week before the fourth.
Masqui-ninja
Posted 7/13/2016 8:03 AM (#823445 - in reply to #823255)

We are working very hard for them, but are seeing a lot of fish and some real giants too. We have stuck 5 in the past week between 36" and 44" with a couple of real heart-breakers with big fish. Water temps were back down to 72 yesterday. Action has come for us on everything from blades, gliders, topwater and trolled cranks.

In short, they are showing up where they are supposed to, but are not going crazy...yet.

Cheers and hook-sets!
pistolpete314
Posted 7/13/2016 10:45 AM (#823472 - in reply to #823445)

Masqui-ninja - 7/13/2016 8:03 AM

We are working very hard for them, but are seeing a lot of fish and some real giants too. We have stuck 5 in the past week between 36" and 44" with a couple of real heart-breakers with big fish. Water temps were back down to 72 yesterday. Action has come for us on everything from blades, gliders, topwater and trolled cranks.

In short, they are showing up where they are supposed to, but are not going crazy...yet.

Cheers and hook-sets!

Any specific type of structure you've been focusing on? I know we will be hitting the cabbage pretty hard.
Masqui-ninja
Posted 7/13/2016 12:22 PM (#823488 - in reply to #823472)

We have seen very nice fish on the rocks and in weeds.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)