Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> cisco cradle rod holders

Message Subject: cisco cradle rod holders
mseybert
Posted 1/17/2016 4:04 AM (#800038)
Subject: cisco cradle rod holders

I am looking at upgrading my rod holders. I am likely going with down east or the cisco brand long cradles. Has anyone here used the cisco cradles? It isn't entirely clear from their website whether they can be positioned rod tip down to get the rod tips under water to catch weeds.
pklingen
Posted 1/17/2016 6:26 AM (#800039 - in reply to #800038)
Subject: Re: cisco cradle rod holders

i'm pretty sure i know of what your talking about and yes they will tip down at any angle you like as long as they are mounted close enough to the edge. if you do go with a cisco track system you might also want to check out FAT AZ PRODUCTS that fit a downeast s10 rod holder onto them. very durable, infinite angle of tip, and you can use your existing s10 holder. i like them, they worked well.
Mace
Posted 1/17/2016 6:39 AM (#800040 - in reply to #800038)

I have the Cisco short cradles and I love them. They are very solid. I have mine mounted on the handrail and it is no problem removing them so I can cast or put on my cover. There are multiple adjustments that allow you to position your rod any way you may want it.
anzomcik
Posted 1/17/2016 7:46 AM (#800047 - in reply to #800038)
Subject: RE: cisco cradle rod holders

These are the rod holders Pklingen mentioned. It's a YouTube video http://youtu.be/0v7W8ADBlQo
4amuskie
Posted 1/17/2016 8:31 AM (#800056 - in reply to #800038)
Subject: RE: cisco cradle rod holders

I would not recommend the cradle for down rod applications.because it makes getting the rod out of the holder very difficult. Cisco does make a rod holder with the S17 which works extremely well for down rods, boat rods, and board rod use.
MD75
Posted 1/17/2016 11:46 AM (#800087 - in reply to #800038)

I love that Project X holder jigging a bait while you cast!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)