Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "You can sleep when you are dead, lets go fishing!"
- (Added by: WI Skis)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Message Subject: PMTT
PeonPETA
Posted 1/5/2012 12:43 AM (#531455 - in reply to #531384)
Subject: Re: PMTT

This information was given to by the Grand Rapids MN fisheries office earlier today. He read the language of the regulation to me as I applied for a permit myself and was told I had to eliminate the the judge boat format. I will call him back tomorrow and have the documents forwarded to me so I can post them here. I asked him about an anti tournament bias within the dnr and he said it was more about anti judge boats. He also said that the "dnr will not allow a tournament to do anything that Billy Bob fishing the same day on the same lake couldn't do. " My permit was for a big money event out of fortune bay this fall but I need to reevaluate my rules and decide whether or not people will fish without the judge boat format. The pmtt may very well go to cpr for Minnesota, it is to my understanding that they will have to in order to pull a tournament permit to measure fish under 48".
Troyz.
Posted 1/5/2012 8:32 AM (#531466 - in reply to #531455)

PeonPeta

PMTT has ran events under current MN regulations of 48" min, they had the championship on Bemidji and an a event on cass. It was run like hartmans, catch fish call judge, they will either get their in time to verify fish or photo, but you do not wait for judge boat.

Troy
Junkman
Posted 1/5/2012 8:59 AM (#531467 - in reply to #531466)

Hate to rely on memory anymore....but it was just 16-18 months ago, the PMTT event was on Tonka, and I believe we were clearly told that we should call for a judge as soon as your partner had a fish on, if the judge was close enough to watch you measure the fish...that was fine...and if they were not close enough to do so, you could measure the fish with the mandatory bump-board you got from the PMTT and a camera. Honestly, I thought that was perfectly OK by me. Marty
musky54114
Posted 1/7/2012 7:29 PM (#531794 - in reply to #529534)

The waiting is over

Leech Lake, MN.
Titletown/Fox River, Wi. Championship

Bob
Top H2O
Posted 1/7/2012 11:01 PM (#531831 - in reply to #531794)

Soooo, I have never fished Greenbay, is this water mostly a trolling bite? I hate trolling.
I also understand that there are some shallow sandbars that have managed to stop Keys Outdoors and others..........How true is that rumor ?
Now that we know where the tourneys are,, Who's fishing it?

Jerome
Troyz.
Posted 1/8/2012 10:22 AM (#531842 - in reply to #531831)

rumor is true look at there website. there is casting bite at that time, but will have to see the boundaries.

Troyz
welldriller
Posted 1/8/2012 11:42 AM (#531851 - in reply to #531842)

I love being right. I just hope that Leech and the Eagle River Pro-Mac aren't on the same weekend.
musky54114
Posted 1/8/2012 12:13 PM (#531852 - in reply to #529534)
Subject: RE: PMTT

They are the same welldriller
welldriller
Posted 1/8/2012 9:51 PM (#531952 - in reply to #531852)

#*^@NNN!!!!! Looks like I'll see you fellas in Kentucky instead of Minnesota then.
71mercman
Posted 1/9/2012 8:42 AM (#531986 - in reply to #529534)

Understand Pro-Mac usually is that weekend but where are you seeing the Pro-Mac schedule?
Top H2O
Posted 1/9/2012 6:49 PM (#532103 - in reply to #531986)

Sorry Wi. Guys but the wmt,... errr,.. so called pro mac doesn't hold a candle to the PMTT.
Why would anybody fish a transport Tourney if they really had a care about the proper handling of Muskies.?
When will the wmt get with the times?????
I can see the pmtt switching over to cpr. format soon......... Hopefully.

Jerome
Junkman
Posted 1/10/2012 8:01 AM (#532180 - in reply to #532103)

Probably a bit of misunderstanding there. There will not be another "transport" tourney for the WMT, Pro-MAC (actually two separate trails as announced for 2012) or anybody else in Wisconsin now that a 40 inch limit will be in force. That will all be a thing of the past. It is certainly possible that if someone wants to have a transport event for only 40 inch plus fish...they can legally do it...but nobody is going to do it cuz it would be ridiculous. As to whether you like one trail more than another, well I like some girls betten than others...but there are clearly a lot of pretty girls out there. I have fished the PMTT, WMT and last year fished the Pro-MAC too. I also have every single intent to fish them all this year too. All good events, good competition and run by good people. If you must really look at sheer statistical data however: for the most events fished by the most anglers for the most money...it's been the WMT-Pro-MAC. Don't really like to pick between girls I like, but it would not be honest to not say that. Marty Forman
Top H2O
Posted 1/10/2012 10:23 AM (#532203 - in reply to #532180)

Junkman - 1/10/2012 8:01 AM

Probably a bit of misunderstanding there. There will not be another "transport" tourney for the WMT, Pro-MAC (actually two separate trails as announced for 2012) or anybody else in Wisconsin now that a 40 inch limit will be in force. That will all be a thing of the past. It is certainly possible that if someone wants to have a transport event for only 40 inch plus fish...they can legally do it...but nobody is going to do it cuz it would be ridiculous. As to whether you like one trail more than another, well I like some girls betten than others...but there are clearly a lot of pretty girls out there. I have fished the PMTT, WMT and last year fished the Pro-MAC too. I also have every single intent to fish them all this year too. All good events, good competition and run by good people. If you must really look at sheer statistical data however: for the most events fished by the most anglers for the most money...it's been the WMT-Pro-MAC. Don't really like to pick between girls I like, but it would not be honest to not say that. Marty Forman

Thanks for the post Marty. I wasn't aware that the wmt was no longer a transport tournament. I'm glad that they went away from that format. They will probability have more people interested in fishing their events now. Good move.

Jerome
brandondunbar
Posted 1/11/2012 10:28 AM (#532343 - in reply to #529534)

Has anyone heard anything from the WMT or Pro-Mac? Still waiting for a schedule.
welldriller
Posted 1/11/2012 12:33 PM (#532359 - in reply to #532343)

Nothing yet.
Top H2O
Posted 2/8/2012 1:33 PM (#537497 - in reply to #532359)

Hey guys, I went on the PMTT site to see when the drawing for starting positions will be and couldn't find any info........ so does anybody know ?
I need to send in some cash, but don't know what the deadline is?

Jerome
MuskyDew
Posted 2/8/2012 2:41 PM (#537513 - in reply to #537497)

Deadline feb, 16, 2012
MuskyDew
Posted 2/8/2012 3:31 PM (#537531 - in reply to #537513)

Line item #6 in the rules...

6. Starting positions will be determined as follows: a. All teams wanting to fish the entire trail (3 qualifying events) that send their entry before February 16th will be placed in a drawing for starting positions. This will be your starting position for the first day for each of the qualifying events. For the trail teams that send in and make the February 16th drawing, on day two of each of the three qualifying events the starting positions shall be reversed. b. All other entries received that are not fishing all four of the qualifying events, regardless of the number of events they fish, will be drawn next. This will be your starting position for both days of each of the qualifying events. c. All entries received after the February 16th drawing will acquire the next available starting position on a first come first serve basis by the date received. Yes, these teams will likely have a different position at each of the qualifying events in which they compete.

Junkman
Posted 2/8/2012 5:01 PM (#537562 - in reply to #537531)

Not sure who this Musky Dew guy is, but he seems to clearly understand the rules and he posts clear and accurate information-helpful too. I just don't get why he has a picture of some fat, old guy holding a fish in all his posts?? Nice fish though!
MuskyDew
Posted 2/9/2012 1:57 PM (#537734 - in reply to #537562)

I got your fat, old guy................
musky54114
Posted 2/9/2012 6:56 PM (#537799 - in reply to #529534)

I still don't see an application with the Wi. dnr for the Green Bay tournament or a permit issued for Leech with
the Mn dnr. Why do they wait so long to apply?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)