Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Rod lenght question

Message Subject: Rod lenght question
Juhas
Posted 6/4/2014 5:30 PM (#714109)
Subject: Rod lenght question

How is the true effective length of a rod measures from tip to tip or from center of reel to tip? Reason I ask is that my Nasty was sitting next to my Sling blade and I noticed that the nasty is only 3" longer from Reel to tip over the SB but 3" longer from the butt end. So when you have a custom rod made on a Big Nasty blank can you move the reel seat back so it is truly 6" longer.
curleytail
Posted 6/4/2014 5:40 PM (#714110 - in reply to #714109)
Subject: Re: Rod lenght question

Rod lengths are measured from end of the butt to the tip, or in other words the total overall length of everything. When ordering a custom rod you would specify the total overall length, as well as the length of the handle.
Juhas
Posted 6/4/2014 5:43 PM (#714112 - in reply to #714110)

So then do certain blanks have a designated area for the seat or can it be put anywhere I want?
Cedar
Posted 6/4/2014 6:00 PM (#714114 - in reply to #714109)
Subject: RE: Rod length question

Have a friend who is a rod builder and have had several customs made. The reel seat can be placed pretty much where ever you want it on the blank. Positioning of the reel seat only comes into play when you are extending the blank (where you would ideally want the sleeved overlap joint under the reel seat to provide the most strength). Talk to any good rod builders and they will walk you thru each choice and step in the build.
BenR
Posted 6/4/2014 10:11 PM (#714155 - in reply to #714109)

A true custom rod builder will discuss this with you from the start, it makes a difference. BR
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)