Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Rules of Manhood #9: It is permissible to drink a fruity alcohol drink only when you're sunning on a tropical beach... and it's delivered by a topless supermodel ... and it's free.
- (Added by: Snowcrest 6)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> E-tex Syringe re-use?

Message Subject: E-tex Syringe re-use?
muskyslayer96
Posted 11/24/2012 8:16 AM (#599321)
Subject: E-tex Syringe re-use?

Just getting a feel for how many re-use their syringes for E-tex? When you switch to a new bottle do you clean them out with lacquer thinner / DA / acetone? Or just plug the old ones into the new bottles?

Thanks in advance, I hope the building season is underway for all :D

MS
Capt bigfish
Posted 11/24/2012 10:37 AM (#599335 - in reply to #599321)
Subject: RE: E-tex Syringe re-use?

i measure by weight only, switched years ago to a gram scale for food. super accurate and flawless, no mess with storage or clean up. measure only what you need. also can use the scale to measure moisture content for blanks, polymar resins with micro fibers and ratios for other finishing materials. cheap overal as well, i have had the same over 3 years for a $25 investment.
Kenslures
Posted 11/27/2012 6:59 AM (#599737 - in reply to #599321)
Subject: Re: E-tex Syringe re-use?

Hey MS how ya doing?? Its been awhile. For mixing etex I use disposable syringes that I buy at a veternary clinic for about $0.40 ea. When I use them for the first time I rinse them out with acetone as thats what I have on hand. Once I use the syringes I don't clean them and use them for at least a year. I just put them back in the container they come in. If you use these syringes you must mark them so you don't mix them up . You have to use the same syringe for the hardener or the resin all the time. I mark the syringes with one dot for the hardener and two dots for the resin. Then I mark the hardener and resin containers the same way. Works great and I've been doing this for close to 12 years now. When I mix the etex I use small disposable 2 oz cups like they put tarter sauce in at restaurants. When I do a batch of baits I alway throw away the brushes and cups when done. Cleaning them is costly and time consuming and I won't use acetone in the house. I hope this helps you out and if you have any questions post online, pm me or email me. Always glad to help out if I can. Ken
musky slut
Posted 11/28/2012 7:16 AM (#599937 - in reply to #599321)

I re use them ALOT . I also use a lid for the bottles that i sused for medicine so you can turn the bottle upside down and suck in the etex. Hot water will clean them enough but that isnt needed very often . Give it a try . Super easy and clean .
ShutUpNFish
Posted 11/28/2012 7:58 AM (#599947 - in reply to #599937)

I simply use the meds. measuring cups to measure out my etex...Simple, easy and inexpensive....The only thing I re-use is the brushes to apply the etex....clean/soak 'em in acetone and they clean up real nice for a hundred or so uses before going new.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)