Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> barrel swivel problem ?

Message Subject: barrel swivel problem ?
Chuck1443
Posted 10/7/2012 12:02 PM (#589464)
Subject: barrel swivel problem ?

i was casting large medussas this weekend and noticed them rolling over on fast retrieval , would a ball bearing swivel prevent this ? this may be a welcomed action and i may be a little OCD wanting them to come in true LOL. whats your thoughts ?
archerynut36
Posted 10/7/2012 4:44 PM (#589511 - in reply to #589464)
Subject: Re: barrel swivel problem ?

try putting a little weight on the front hook and try that. i have seen the madussa do that before too. the older ones did that sometimes. i think that it was the weight is not right or the harness may have twisted in the mold and was off enough to throw the ballance off.. with the fins on the dussa if makes the bait rise on the pull and if its off it will twist...bill
muskie! nut
Posted 10/7/2012 5:19 PM (#589515 - in reply to #589464)

Yes either a barrel swivel or a ball bearing swivel will aid in preventing line twist and the ball bearing would be better than the barrel swivel.
Chuck1443
Posted 10/8/2012 7:08 AM (#589590 - in reply to #589464)

thanks for your replies , the weight on the front hook is a good idea . i've been wanting to try to tie my own leaders anyway so i'll put the bb swivel on the lure end and try this first and if there's no change i'll use the weight ...chuck
Zinox
Posted 10/8/2012 7:37 AM (#589594 - in reply to #589464)

A swivel wouldn't prevent the bait from twisting, it onley prevent the line from twisting, when the bait turns. The small weight would help the bait from roling over.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)