Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Cedar Lake- Perrault Falls, Ontario

Message Subject: Cedar Lake- Perrault Falls, Ontario
DS
Posted 3/28/2012 9:55 PM (#549210)
Subject: Cedar Lake- Perrault Falls, Ontario

Couple questions I'm hoping I can get some help with. Anyone been up to Cedar Lake in Ontario? From what I have read, Cedar sounds like it is a great Muskie lake, how about Walleye? I fish with my dad and he is more interested in fishing for Walleye so I'm looking for a lake with a good mix of both. I've gone to Lac Seul for the past five years and it has been good, I'm just thinking about switching it up.

I saw an ad in the new MHM for Jerry & Ellie's Cedar lake camp, anyone have experiences staying there, good or bad? Also, it looks like they have a special ($515 for 7 days including cabin, boat, motor and unlimited gas) I feel like there has to be some catch with that... pretty sure I could run through $515 in gas real quick, especially up in Canada.

Any responses about your experiences on Cedar will be appreciated. Thanks.
Johnny Lawrence
Posted 3/29/2012 7:21 AM (#549240 - in reply to #549210)
Subject: RE: Cedar Lake- Perrault Falls, Ontario

Never stayed at Jerry and Ellies, so can't comment on that specific resort. But with logde boats (looks like 15 or 20 hp), it would be tough to burn through that much gas. Sounds like a pretty decent deal. As the lake, its a good muskie lake. But its not as big as some of other famous water up there, so it will feel more pressured at times. But there are some big muskie in there no doubt. Perrault has some too, but not the numbers Cedar does. IMO, walleye fishing is average for that area, which is still pretty good. If youre looking for Lac Seul walleye fishing you will be disappointed.
dtaijo174
Posted 3/29/2012 8:36 AM (#549254 - in reply to #549210)
Subject: Re: Cedar Lake- Perrault Falls, Ontario

I've been there. Great perch, smallies, and walleye. There are a good number of low to high 40's. occasional 50.
BUT, it's pressured beyond belief. There are much better lakes for what you are asking a lot closer.
jackpotjohnny48
Posted 3/29/2012 8:45 AM (#549256 - in reply to #549210)

I've stayed at Jerry and Ellie's 2 or 3 times I think. Good cabins and friendly hosts. Also a nice midweek fish fry. However, the boat are a bit small (15 or 20 hp, I can't remember, as we always brought our own boat).

As far as fishing... I would agree that it gets pressured pretty hard, and so sometimes it's difficult to connect with fish. I think it was probably a really good lake back in the early 90s before the word got out on it.

Walleyes... I've heard it's good in early June but I've never been there that early. Mid summer it's mediocre... I think you have to find them in the deep mud flats in mid summer, as I've not been able to find them on rock structures at all. Rocks are all dominated by 11 to 14 inch smallmouth bass. Some walleyes in the weeds, but most are on deep mud flats (28 to 34 fow) from what I've been told (haven't really gone hard after the walleyes on Cedar though).

Hope that helps!

"Jackpot" John Schroeder
Posted 4/21/2012 10:32 AM (#554728 - in reply to #549210)

The pressure the people on here are commenting about is exaggerated..

Specially depends on the time of year.. When we were there last year, we never had more than 1 boat in a big bay at a time...

Some of the bays are several hundred acres so it isn't a big deal.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)